In this unique role at Melaleuca you will be able to make a difference at one of the world's leading eCommerce sites focused on Health and Wellness as you provide ideas and concepts and then help bring them to life. Leveraging your aesthetic sense and ability to think temporally, you will provide high-level concepts that tell engaging stories, and help execute the web team's vision.
You will expand your skills and experience in enterprise-level web and mobile platforms as you work with multiple brands and hundreds of products. We foster an open, energizing and collaborative environment and our team is made up of passionate professionals who deliver to high standards but also have fun in the process. While interactive is a strategic driving force in our organization, our Web Design team is relatively small, so your successes will be noticed.
Our Focus Has Always Been on Environmental Wellness. Melaleuca is a manufacturer and distributor of over 450 products focused on health and wellness. We were green long before being green was popular and, in our more than 30 years of operation, we have achieved consistent and profitable growth with our annual revenues exceeding $2.1 billion dollars. We are continuing to expand our line of green, environmentally friendly wellness products that are safer for customers’ homes and better for their health. Melaleuca is a solid, debt-free company with a 30-year history of success. By selling effective, high quality, natural, health oriented products that help people live more vibrant, healthier, and happier lives, Melaleuca is positioned to grow even more rapidly in upcoming years.
We’re looking for an experienced leader in email marketing with a background standing up marketing automation programs. You will be the subject matter expert and solution owner for our SalesForce Marketing Cloud platform and all work-streams that use it. The ideal candidate has a strong technical know-how to develop behavior-based marketing automation campaigns, and a knack for creative solutions to drive email and text engagement. You will lead a small team of email marketers responsible for executing email and text campaigns for Melaleuca. You will be responsible for understanding the business and customer needs, identifying opportunities for automation and innovation, and designing and implementing solutions that allow for scale and efficiency. Even as a Director, you’ll have an opportunity in this role to be a player/coach and build this newly-formed function for the business.
- Provide hands-on leadership for the email and text marketing function within the Digital Marketing team, managing internal employees, as well as external partners and/or consultants.
- Use Salesforce Marketing Cloud to develop end-to-end customer journey programs.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including marketing, content, digital design, sales and customer care to align email touchpoints throughout the customer’s experience.
- Develop email forecasts and objectives, continuously analyze and report on key results to the marketing leadership team and make recommendations to improve productivity of direct messages.
- Drive repeat traffic, product purchase and increase customer retention by delivering compelling content via email and text to customers throughout their journey.
- Apply a rigorous testing framework to every email we send.
- Provide expert guidance as it relates to email structure, timing, layout and subject lines to maximize the effectiveness of email and SMS communications.
- Provide guidance and support to cross-functional users of SalesForce Marketing Cloud to help maximize benefits of the platform.
- Act as the primary business stakeholder of the platform and work with IT and/or external agencies to deliver required integrations between Marketing Cloud and Melaleuca internal systems
- Bachelor’s Degree, ideally in Business, Marketing, or Communications.
- 10+ years experience in marketing, with a focus on email marketing (Agency or in-house experience with a mix of B2B and B2C brands preferable).
- 5+ years of experience in managing email platforms and proficiency with marketing automation and technologies.
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud experience required. Familiarity with Journey Builder, Content Builder, Automation Studio, and Email Studio strongly preferred.
- 2+ years of managing and mentoring a team and leading an email operations strategy.
- Proficient in email best practices, including segmentation, deliverability, and current regulations (CAN-SPAM, GDPR, CASL, etc)
- Excellent vendor and stakeholder management & negotiation skills.
- Ability to forecast and manage resources for operations.
- Comfort with data analytics and experience using Excel and Google Analytics, as well as Power BI.
- Strong understanding of email marketing best practices, such as deliverability monitoring, IP/sender health, conversion rate optimization, mobile design, and A/B testing methods.
- Understanding of customer journey mapping and scoring.
- Excellent written, communication, and presentation skills. Must have the ability to clearly present and articulate team performance to cross-functional groups and senior executives.
- Advanced understanding of HTML, CSS, and experience designing emails through Adobe Creative Suite strongly preferred.
- Extreme attention to detail and proficiency editing and testing emails
- A passion for creating exceptional customer experiences and the drive to continuously test new approaches to do so.
Melaleuca is one of the leading Health and Wellness companies in the world. We manufacture and distribute nutritional, pharmaceutical, personal care, facial care, home hygiene, and other wellness products and distribute them directly to the consumer through a full-service catalog and Internet shopping system. We carefully craft products used every day with the highest standards of safety, health, and wellness in mind.
This revolutionary system is changing the way hundreds of thousands of people shop by eliminating middlemen and reducing marketing and distribution costs. This enables the company to spend more on research and high-quality, ecologically-sensible ingredients, while maintaining reasonable prices.
Great culture - flexibility is a must in this position; you'll become a part of a fast-paced team dedicated to a feel-good lifestyle brand dedicated to changing lives. Like the rest of Melaleuca, we are proud to be part of a values-driven organization that treats employees with respect. Our employees and their families enjoy company parties and countless discounts around the community. We implement a very real open-door policy, and all employees are on a first name basis—it feels more like a family than a multi-national corporation.
Safe, uncrowded, affordable - nestled in the heart of beautiful Eastern Idaho, Idaho Falls is a prosperous and vibrant community, as well as the gateway to recreational paradise. This unique setting provides numerous opportunities for total wellness -- social, physical, financial, and emotional. If you love outdoor activities, this is the place for you, with the Snake River running right through town, the Rocky Mountains dominating the horizon, and Yellowstone less than a 2-hour drive away.
Excellent compensation - in addition to a competitive wage, we offer comprehensive benefits for our full-time employees that include all you would expect plus some remarkable surprises, such as a longevity bonus. Right here on-site, we provide a fitness center, free concierge service, and an employee restaurant.