Ruby Labs is a leading tech company that operates subscription-based consumer products in the self-help and wellness market.
Our common vision is to create a tech company that builds a world-class self-help and wellness platform, to empower people to make self-care a way of life. A platform that is easily accessible for everyone and enjoyed for years. Since our launch, we've brought two successful products to the global market: Able and Hint, and are on track to launch a third in 2022.
Ruby Labs is hiring an experienced Director of Customer Retention to join our fast-paced and high-growth team. As the Director of Customer Retention, you will lead a team focused on customer engagement strategy and oversee all of our multi-channel retention marketing programs across email and mobile push notifications, with the goal of maximizing customer lifetime value and increasing the conversion rate on the sales funnel.
- Drive the vision and strategy for our lifecycle and retention efforts to engage users and deliver business growth.
- Partner with Growth, Data, Creative, Product, and Engineering teams to create a lifecycle marketing experience that activates and retains users.
- Develop and execute email and push marketing strategies and communications in promotional; transactional; lifecycle; triggered, and rewards-focused campaigns to drive growth and win-back.
- Lead key internal initiatives aimed at driving growth through customer re-engagement.
- Identify areas to improve customer retention.
- Manage ongoing optimization by designing comprehensive and measurable A/B testing methods.
- Work with the email marketing manager to refine, improve and optimize all email KPIs.
- Lead the evolution of our marketing capabilities by identifying opportunities to scale through technological innovation.
- Establish and streamline performance monitoring and reporting, to continuously measure customer lifecycle performance and communicate the results.
- 8+ years of experience in marketing and customer retention.
- Expertise in omnichannel marketing automation platforms like Braze, Iterable, or similar.
- Fluent understanding of retention KPIs, including cohort analysis and customer segmentation.
- A strong pulse on best-in-class retention practices, including personalization, triggers, email deliverability, and an innovative customer approach.
- Proven track record of delivering measurable results (in terms of LTV, churn, etc.) through testing and optimization.
- Cross-channel performance marketing experience.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a “hands-on” attitude and the ability to think on your toes and pivot accordingly.
- Exceptional attention to detail, follow-through, and superior organization skills.
- Strong sense of urgency, with the ability to get things done both autonomously and collaboratively.
- Competitive salary and equity
- Unlimited PTO
- Apple equipment
- Opportunity to work with products that focus on making self-care a way of life
- And much more!
You will be joining a strong team of >100 people passionate about building the best-in-class product. RL has incredible team members, users, and ambitions... which is where you come in.
We are a remote-first company, and our team is distributed across the UK and Europe. This was a deliberate choice to prioritise work-life balance and ensure we can accommodate the best people whilst fostering diversity.
Ruby Labs is founded on values we all share and are ready to stand for. They bring us together well beyond our current products and technologies.
Driven by data
We believe in knowledge and continuously champion learning and experimentation. As we are relentlessly driven by data, we place value on rationality and real insights, not unproven beliefs.
We praise smart innovation. We’re inquisitive, exact and always challenge our beliefs. Like a researcher, we take established knowledge and add something new. We create something better than the original, not just different.
In an industry where only the best products succeed, prioritizing our work is a must. We don’t waste time on low-key projects. We only go after the most disruptive, effective and exceptional ideas.
To get the best results, you need to see the full picture. That’s why our team has access to all information and is involved in key decisions. We also give each other honest feedback, so we can learn and improve.
Self-help & wellness is a competitive industry with demanding users. Excellence is a necessity. At Ruby Labs, this means solving problems by breaking the rules, learning quickly and delivering superior execution.
We’re open to experiments and ready to take measured risks to get great results. We also value diversity and know the power of collective intelligence. If you have a better solution, we want to hear it.
Competitive remuneration, Culture of continuous learning, Flexible vacation policy.
Regular employment in UK or Malta or Contractor agreement for the team members distributed across Europe (non-UK/Malta).