Hazel Health, the national leader in school-based telehealth, was founded in 2015 to address systemic inequities in healthcare access, and ensure all children can get the quality care they need and deserve. We leverage digital health technology to provide on-demand physical and mental health care services to over 2 million students in school districts across the country.
Physical and mental telehealth has become more relevant in the lives of children than ever before. Hazel is experiencing tremendous company growth as we respond to our nation’s call for equitable, affordable, and safe virtual access to healthcare.
We are a mission-driven team of healthcare and business leaders, educators, and tech innovators, bringing together our unique skills in a meaningful way to do good in the world. Please consider joining us to share your gifts and talents with a growing and diverse organization, working to make healthcare available to all students.
The Role: Director of Customer Marketing
About This Role:
As the Director of Customer Marketing, your primary responsibility will be to implement effective marketing strategies focused primarily on the post-sales funnel to drive customer engagement, advocacy, and loyalty through retention strategies with our existing customers (buying personas). You will continuously find new ways to engage our existing customers, focused first on school districts and second, on health plans, to drive outreach in partnership with the post-sales team. You will tackle the exciting challenge of helping our marketing and communications team to scale our efforts (1:many) by
What You’ll Do:
- Manage a team of direct reports to help scale our efforts and direct work day-to-day
- Own the customer journey across new and existing channels like webinars, email, web, ads, etc. - specifically with K-12 school customers and with health plans
- Drive enablement of our current customer funnel, working with the post-sales team to craft strategies, comms, campaigns, and customer experiences (digitally & in-person) to drive engagement, adoption, and renewal; including drip or nurture campaigns to enable sales
- Leverage data to enhance the customer journey
- Develop and implement customer lifecycle marketing strategies across multiple channels to strengthen our brand and enhance existing customer experiences
- Embed with post-sales teams to learn what’s working and test account-based strategies
- Design programs to engage, educate, and celebrate Hazel’s growing customer base
- Work with marketing research and product to develop customer testimonial and referral programs via case studies, video testimonials, and customer speaking engagements
- Track and help influence how we drive customer excellence and experience (NPS, C-sat)
We are looking for diverse individuals who want to support our mission and values. Please consider applying even if you don't fully meet 100% of these criteria.
- Passionate for our mission to transform children’s access to health care
- 7 - 10 years experience in customer and/or account-based marketing role, ideally with a K-12 education and/or health care lens
- 2+ years experience as a manager
- 3+ years experience in K-12 public school education or working directly with K-12 Ed
- Strong project management skills with keen attention to detail
- Creative problem solver who thrives in a fast paced environment
- MarTech platform use and scaling experience a must (including platforms like Salesforce, Gainsight, Hubspot, Asana, Webflow, and digital asset management platforms)
- Passionate about creating targeted programs, building new resources, and driving ideas to support and grow relevance and adoption for Hazel School District & Health Plan customers
- Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills
Hazel’s Core Values:
- Exceptional Partnership: We seek to understand, align, and then work to exceed the highest expectations of those we serve.
- Always Accountable: We set high standards for ourselves and each other and deliver. We do what we say we are going to do.
- Make it Happen: Every teammate has the power and responsibility to make our company better. We are collectively imagining and building the product and company of our dreams.
- One Team: Our success is driven by building relationships and collaborating across teams, geographies and functions. Bringing in diverse perspectives and understanding everyone’s personal story drives to transformative solutions.
- Never Stop Innovating: We are bold. Our goal is to make transformational change. Sometimes we will fail, and we use it to learn and drive forward.
- Drive Impact: Everything comes down to the impact Hazel makes on people - our families and students, our teammates, our partners, our neighbors, ourselves.
- A competitive compensation package
- Generous, high-quality medical, dental and vision coverage on day one of employment
- 401K with a 100% employer match for contributions up to 4% of salary
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employer-paid short-term and long-term disability and employer-sponsored life insurance
- Home office setup including a Macbook, iPad (depending on role), and internet and phone reimbursement for remote positions
- A positive, supportive, and passionate team
This is an exciting position in a fast-paced organization. We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package.
Our Stance On Diversity:
At Hazel, we don’t just accept differences—we thrive on them. We recognize that having diverse perspectives and backgrounds among our teammates makes our company, our solutions, and our service to families and schools stronger. We are committed to making Hazel an inclusive work environment and helping all staff grow professionally.
Hazel is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability status, or Veteran status.
All offers of employment are conditioned on a candidate’s consent to a background check and our satisfaction with the results. Qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.