About the job
Gladly is the Radically Personal Customer Service Platform that puts people at the center of a single, lifelong conversation. We enable companies to talk to their customers the way people talk to their friends: seamlessly across voice, email, SMS, chat, and social media.
As Director of Customer Lifecycle Marketing, you will shape a sustainable engagement model with new and existing customers across their entire lifecycle. With a focus on automation and creation of reciprocity with the Gladly brand, you’ll deliver new customer pipeline and existing customer expansion.
Gladly’s platform is about delivering amazing customer experience for our business customers and their consumers. So, we at Gladly are working to create our own world-class customer experience. It follows that we see this lifecycle marketing leadership role as customer experience marketing — delivering purposeful, value-driven marketing communication that connects multi-faceted customer interactions. The remit here is NOT simply automated CRM-aligned email messaging. This role will go beyond the typical fleeting promotional interactions that many customers interpret marketing to be. Instead, you will work to centralize the needs of the customer and generate reciprocity with the Gladly brand. You’ll leverage the strengths of other communication channels to deliver a multi-sensory relationship, ensuring that value delivery is inclusive, personalized, and accelerated.
- Bring thought-leadership to all things lifecycle marketing as a means to inspire customer-centricity across the company.
- Design a lifecycle stage segmentation framework that optimally attracts, engages, and delights the Gladly customer.
- Partner with the Ops team to ensure systems are instrumented to track lifecycle stage transitions.
- Ensure all areas of the business are acting in unison to drive lifecycle progression.
- Curate and deliver customer-centric marketing content and recommendations that are relevant, timely, and prioritized.
- Collaborate closely with the content marketing team to ensure the most relevant content is delivered to customers via the best channels, ultimately removing as much friction as possible from the process.
- Create habit-forming behavior amongst customers by providing awareness, education, and value.
- Own non-paid marketing channels — notably email, in-product messaging, and web chat — to drive pipeline generation, customer acquisition, retention and expansion.
- Design marketing strategies using best-in-class technology, operations, and performance measurement.
- Identify and scale new programs to deliver step-change campaign performance optimization.
- Contribute to our evolving marketing capabilities by identifying opportunities to scale and innovate.
- Manage a team of marketing professionals to excellence, assisting with their growth and development within the organization.
- Maintain a deep knowledge of CRM and customer engagement trends, providing ongoing education to the marketing organization.
Profile / Requirements
The ideal candidate for this position:
- A bachelor's degree in marketing, or equivalent experience
- 10+ years experience within an ecommerce, SaaS, or digital subscription business
- 5+ years leadership experience
- Growth mindset, constant learner
- Exceptional communication skills
- Comfortable collaborating with executive leaders
- Able to effectively switch between strategic and tactical environments within a fast-paced organization
- Expertise using marketing automation and analytics tools
- Extensive project and program management experience
- In-depth knowledge of CRM systems
At Gladly we value:
- Putting people first - We built our product putting people at the heart of it all. And we’ve taken the same approach to building our company.
- Focusing on the customer - We treat our customers’ goals as our own, and we work hard to achieve them.
- Finding strengths in our differences - We believe that diversity and inclusion is foundational to our success. Bringing together a multitude of perspectives leads to amazing things happening.
- Being humble and hungry - We applaud initiative and value leadership—but we also believe that nobody is above emptying the dishwasher.
- Always learning - Everyone’s personal best is ahead of them. Seeking new ways to grow is what keeps us motivated.
- Owning it - We encourage everyone to seek and share feedback, take calculated risks, and learn from their mistakes.
- Communicating it - With an open and transparent culture, collaboration becomes a lifestyle and everyone has a voice
You can also count on:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Generous paid time off
- Generous paid parental leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Wellness stipend
Founded in 2014 by a team of repeat entrepreneurs with multiple successful exits, Gladly is reinventing customer service. By managing customers instead of tickets, we are disrupting a $70B market and are proud to count Warby Parker, Crate and Barrel and many other innovative brands as customers. Gladly has raised over $110M from Greylock Partners, NEA, GGV Capital, Glynn Capital and JetBlue Tech Ventures.
Gladly has made the decision to become a fully distributed company, allowing employees to live anywhere in the United States, and candidates to come from nearly any geographical region. That said, we also highly value our collaborative and creative culture and commit to meeting in real life as a company at least once per quarter when it is safe to do so.