We started Novo to challenge the status quo—we're on a mission to increase the GDP of the modern entrepreneur by creating the go-to banking platform for small businesses (SMBs). Novo is flipping the script of the banking world, and we're excited to lead the small business banking revolution.
We are looking for people of character. Pragmatic and capable people who want to see their work drive better outcomes for small businesses — the backbone of our economy. You will join our team and work on the building blocks of everything Novo ships.
- Novo is a rapidly growing series B fintech startup with a mission-driven team that's passionate about helping every small business in America
- Positive, inclusive, supportive culture cheering you on your journey
- We work with very new technologies and architecture patterns
- We provide learning and development budgets to help you grow and bond with your team
- Hybrid work culture
- Offices in NYC, Miami, and India for those that want to whiteboard in person
The Director of CRM will be a key leadership role on the Growth team at Novo. You will be core to building the program out from its nascency, making determinations about the current and future CRM stack, and driving strategy and execution to build healthy customer growth, meaningful engagement with our customer base, and create a best-in-class retention program. As this role balances growth and retention, you'll work with members of the Product and Engineering, as well as the broader Growth and Marketing team on a variety of key cross functional projects.
If you default to data and analytical thinking to create innovative stories for fantastic customers, this is the role for you. Read more if you want to take on the challenge of building out the team and tech at a company that is doing it different.
What You'll Do
- Build a best-in-class multi-channel lifecycle marketing engine that enables personalized cross-channel comms to deliver the right message in the right channel at the right time, including email, push, in-app, etc
- Oversee a team who is the first point of contact for all marketing communications and works cross-functionally to maintain the seasonal and automated comms programs, including:
- Develop monthly evergreen email and push calendars
- Oversee and execute creative briefs for new and existing campaigns
- Execute ongoing testing regimen (subject lines, layout, format, frequency, etc.) to continuously improve email performance focused on user engagement
- Partner with brand and product marketing to message Novo's brand identity and meet company performance objectives
- Lead in the development of weekly, monthly, and ad hoc reporting on email performance
- Explore incremental CRM strategies, like direct mail, to drive engagement (and re-engagement) through our early lifecycle, and continue to test and learn what creates value for Novo and its customers
- Be the voice of customer communications for new product go-to-market campaigns, but for new and existing
- Build out community and loyalty programs along with fantastic folks on the growth team
- 8+ years of experience in CRM, Lifecycle, and Engagement
- Hands-on experience working with newer breed of ESPs (Braze, Iterable, Customer.io, etc), with experience migrating ESPs a big plus
- HTML/CSS abilities a big plus
- Management experience leading CRM teams and managing outside agencies
- Critical thinking and problem solving with a positive attitude is a must
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail
Novo values diversity as a core tenant of the work we do and the businesses we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other protected characteristic.