Misfits Market is a mission-driven company creating the affordable online grocery store of the future. We're a high-growth startup whose north star is making high-quality food more accessible to more people. By tackling inefficiencies in the food system, we've created a new supply chain that brings value to farmers and food makers, fights food waste, and saves our customers an average of $25.17 per order. Since 2018, our passionate and motivated team of problem solvers has built a full online grocery marketplace and rescued more than 228 million pounds of food. With each new zip code we serve (we're up to 38,000 now!), we're one step closer to our goal of eliminating food deserts in America by 2025.
Misfits Market is looking for a Director of CRM & Retention to join our Growth team and play a critical role in driving the company's revenue forward. As part of the Growth team, you'll focus on optimizing customer education and experience, prioritizing key opportunities, collaborating on creative solutions, and leading growth efforts across various KPIs and audience segments.
As a Director, you will lead the CRM & Retention team and drive the strategic roadmap and flawless execution of CRM programs while obsessing over the metrics and delivering measurable results. You'll lead an existing team and collectively continue to optimize the entire customer journey, focused on activation, retention, ongoing loyalty, churn prevention, and LTV maximization. This role will play a highly impactful part in driving customer engagement and ultimately growth.
Reporting to the SVP of Growth & Analytics and partnering closely with our Acquisition, Brand, Product/Technology, Analytics, and CS teams, you will be responsible for working collaboratively and cross-functionally in understanding the needs of customers and creating targeted programs to engage and delight them. You will also keep a data-driven approach to scaling our business through continued evolution and improvement of our customer communications strategy across multiple channels, including email, SMS and push notifications. You should have hands-on experience developing, planning, launching, and analyzing customer journeys to drive overall lift in engagement and retention for the business.
- Lead all CRM and retention marketing initiatives to drive activation, engagement, loyalty, winback, and LTV related KPIs.
- Own the strategic retention roadmap and communicate it effectively with executive leadership and the broader team, highlighting opportunities and risks.
- Partner cross functionally with Acquisition, Brand/Creative, Product, and Analytics teams to strategically plan and resource key initiatives.
- Be a strong voice in growth leadership sessions in the identification of long term customer revenue growth opportunities and strategy.
- Collaborate with Merchandising and Product teams to develop and maintain a product marketing framework and calendar to support new assortment launches and product updates.
- Serve as a key member on various cross-functional squads focused on building a cohesive customer experience.
- Oversee the day-to-day planning, prioritization, and execution for all CRM and retention marketing efforts.
- Drive success against KPIs, closely measuring and communicating impact and actionable insight for all initiatives.
- Continue a culture of constant testing and learning.
- Oversee reporting to help build an integrated view of CRM/retention performance.
- Help build a best-in-class retention marketing tech stack. Consistently monitor the martech landscape and implement best practices and new tools.
- Manage and mentor a rockstar team.
- 8+ years of CRM / Retention marketing experience in a fast-paced consumer environment with a proven track record of success. Startup / e-commerce experience a plus.
- A meticulous big picture thinker; cares deeply about the details and challenging the traditional path without losing sight of the bigger picture
- Results-driven, data and action-oriented, and ability to act intuitively to drive growth.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with proven experience to build relationships and influence outcomes in a continuously evolving environment.
- Strong project management, organization, and prioritization skills with an attention to detail and the ability to drive multiple projects forward, remain agile, and operate effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Technically savvy - strong understanding of CRM tools, personalization, and database management. Experience with Braze (ESP) and Attentive (SMS) highly preferred. Experience with Sendgrid and Appsflyer a plus.
- Strong analytical skills and a passion for data. Experience with developing learning agendas, tracking results, and driving to actionable insights via live testing and customer research.
- Prior experience structuring, hiring, and managing a well organized CRM/Retention team.
- Ability to serve as a player/coach: can manage a team and cross-functional partners and also execute strategies based on need.
- Self-motivated and energetic with a high level of initiative who thrives in a fast-paced environment and has a passion for continuous improvement.
- Customer-centric leader who is excited about the Misfits Market mission.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible work location with remote availability
- Free Misfits Market subscription
- Multiple health, dental, and vision plan options
- Life Insurance
- 401k plan
- Commuter benefits