The Director of CRM & Email Marketing will own customer lifecycle marketing and loyalty initiatives for MaryRuth Organics. MaryRuth’s is a brand with naturally strong consumer loyalty, and this critical leadership role is responsible for capturing and nurturing that loyalty. This position will manage all direct communications including Email, SMS and Direct Mail. This person will also develop and own the broader CRM strategy -- identifying and implementing a CRM and/or marketing automation tool, developing a strategy to capture customer data, and building out segmentation and personalization strategies. The Director of CRM & Email Marketing will also oversee broader subscription and/or loyalty program strategies -- developing plans and incentives to encourage more customers to set up recurring subscriptions, maintain those recurring subscriptions, and/or earn loyalty points and other rewards. This is a full-time (40 hr/wk), salary-exempt, fully remote position. LA area or PST timezone preferred.
- Create highly segmented, personalized, and targeted marketing campaigns to nurture customers from pre-purchase to strong multi-year brand loyalty.
- Develop a plan to capture customer data, and leverage that data to build customer segments and highly personalized marketing.
- Bring the magic of MaryRuth’s brand to life by ensuring each customer feels our passion for customer service, community, and health education.
- Partner with Head of Brand Marketing and Creative Director to build all creative assets; this person should have a strong understanding of best practices to optimize layout, imagery, and copy to drive engagement and conversion.
- Design and implement A/B tests to improve email performance
- Analyze campaign metrics and provide monthly reporting to multiple stakeholders.
- Oversee CRM, marketing automation, and/or email/SMS platform vendor management.
- Some travel (<5%) may be required on an as-needed basis, with advance notice provided to the employee.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or a related field.
- 10+ years experience in CRM marketing.
- Extensive experience with Klayvio and Postscript
- Experience with HubSpot, Salesforce, or related CRM & Marketing Automation tools preferred.
- Experience building out personalized lifecycle marketing.
- Highly analytical with an understanding of how to capture and leverage customer data.
- Strong cross-functional team leader with the ability to partner closely with a creative team.
- Passion for customer service and building a community.
- Strong attention to detail; proofreading and editing skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Competitive compensation, commensurate with experience.
- Sick time.
- Paid company holidays.
- Flexible vacation.
- Medical, vision, and dental (USA).
- Flexible Spending Account - FSA (USA).
- Company matched (4%) 401k (USA).
- Employee and immediate-family discount on all products (upon 60 & 90 days of employment).
The Culture at MaryRuth’s
We are a fast-growing startup with a small, unified team that has a lot of fun and a big drive to change the world through our products. We are primarily an E-commerce, health-conscious company with a focus on creating vegan and organic vitamins and supplements for everyone.
We believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, MaryRuth’s celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment.
MaryRuth’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, hair texture and hairstyles, pregnancy, childbirth, (or related medical conditions, including, but not limited to lactation), physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer-related or HIV/AIDS-related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
We are a fast-growing startup with a small, unified team that has a lot of fun and a big drive to change the world through our products. We are an e-commerce, health-conscious company with a focus on creating vegan and organic vitamins and supplements for everyone. We believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, MaryRuth Organics celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. MaryRuth Organics is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.