SoundCloud is a next-generation music entertainment company powered by an ecosystem of artists, fans, and thriving communities. As one of the world's most influential cultural platforms, SoundCloud holds a singular market position as both a music-streaming service with the largest catalogue of music, and an artist services and distribution business to help artists grow long-term, successful careers.
SoundCloud's Growth Marketing team is looking for a Director, Lifecycle Marketing, who will be responsible for helping drive the lifecycle marketing strategy for SoundCloud's fan and artist audiences. In this strategic Growth Marketing leadership role, you will develop and execute programs to engage with our audience through every phase of their lifecycle with SoundCloud's suite of products.
The ideal candidate is relentless in their pursuit of solutions. They are endlessly curious and always want to try something new. They believe there is always a bit more than can be optimized but are smart enough to know when they've reached the point of diminishing returns. They reject silos and excel in cross-functional worlds. They have a zillion ideas and thoughts but can present them in a simple and elegant way. And last but not least, a passion for music is essential.
- Direct the CRM & Subscription Marketing team and align support cross-functionally to lead the design and execute growth marketing campaigns focused on increasing audience engagement, retention, and growing our subscription businesses
- Develop a dynamic and personalized customer lifecycle experience tailored to each user's journey around key behaviors
- Own the marketing execution for email, push, and on-platform communications with an in-depth understanding of each channel's technical capabilities
- Oversee all aspects of campaign performance, leveraging data and insights to inform optimization and develop new strategies.
- Manage partner relationships and extract the most value possible from them
- Review the martech landscape and assess new potential partnerships for their potential to drive the business forward
- Establish a culture of iterative testing, partnering with internal teams and external agencies/vendors to improve the performance of each acquisition channel.
- Identify areas for automation to reduce mindless work and focus on bespoke opportunities
- Partner with product, marketing, and analytics peers to define key objectives and develop and continually optimize customer segmentation and the corresponding marketing strategy
- Innovate and partner with the product team on how we connect with our customers and delight them at every touchpoint with personalization and tailored flows
- Build a high-performing lifecycle marketing team and mobilize them to execute your vision while supporting them to achieve their professional development goals
Experience and Background:
- 10+ years of CRM/digital marketing experience
- Ability to both think strategically and execute tactically, with excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Craft campaigns that connect with audiences while also having the practical analytical skills to track and assess ROI
- Deep experience in building & executing marketing plans utilizing data-driven insights, market trends, and competitive analysis
- Proven ability to nurture customer relationships, reduce churn, and drive monetization with targeted communication
- Success in building and/or running loyalty, membership, or subscription programs
- Understanding of data privacy and governance policies across international markets
- 3+ years of people management experience with the ability to hire, develop, and manage high-performing teams
- Hands-on leader with experience juggling multiple projects and working cross-functionally in a fast-paced cross-functional environment.
- Exceptional verbal and written clear communication skills to clearly share plans and strategies to senior management, peers, and direct reports
- Strong data-driven mentality and deeply familiar with tools to support retention and CRM efforts such as Google Analytics, Email Creation/HTML, Mixpanel, Email and Push Platforms such as Klaviyo, Braze, LeanPlum, etc,.
- Ability to interpret data and identify actionable insights to inform growth and engagement strategies.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and knowledge seeker - stays up to date on competition and trends, and brings new ideas to the table constantly
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Passionate about music!
- MBA in Marketing or Communications
- Industry experience in music, entertainment, gaming, or related fields
- International marketing experience
The salary range for this role is $150,000-$180,000 annually. The final salary offered will be determined based on relative experience, skills, internal equity, and location. We also offer a generous total rewards program - read more about additional benefits and perks below!
- We are a multinational company with offices in the US (New York and Los Angeles), Germany (Berlin), and the UK (London)
- We provide a flexible work culture that offers the opportunity to collaborate and connect in person at our offices as well as accommodating work from home
- We are deeply committed to ensuring diversity, equity and inclusion at all levels of our organization and fostering a community where everyone's voice, perspective and experience is respected and heard
- We believe a strong team is made by investing in employees through mentorship, workshops and enrichment opportunities
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental, and vision plans, as well as mental health resources
- Robust 401k program
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Generous professional development allowance
- Interested in a gym membership, photography course or book? We have a Creativity and Wellness benefit!
- Flexible vacation and public holiday policy where you can take up to 35 days of PTO annually
- 16 paid weeks for all parents (birthing and non-birthing), regardless of gender, to welcome newborns, adopted and foster children
- Various snacks, goodies, and 2 free lunches weekly when at the office
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at SoundCloud
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity and open expression are fundamental to our organization; they help us lead what's next in music by understanding and empowering our creators and fans, no matter their identity. We acknowledge the challenges in the music industry, and strive to influence an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute respectfully and thrive, especially the historically marginalized communities that many of our creators, fans and SoundClouders identify with. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment at SoundCloud for everyone, regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, migration background, national origin, age, disability status, or care-giver status.
At SoundCloud you can find your community or elevate your allyship by joining a Diversity Resource Group. Diversity Resource Groups are employee-organized groups focused on supporting and promoting the interests of a particular underrepresented community in order to build a more inclusive culture at SoundCloud. Anyone can join, whether you share the identity or strive to be an ally.