A home is the biggest investment most people make, and yet, it doesn’t come with a manual. That's why we’re building the only app homeowners need to effortlessly manage their homes — knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. With Thumbtack, millions of people care for what matters most, and pros earn billions of dollars through our platform. And as one of the fastest-growing companies in a $600B+ industry — we must be doing something right.
We are driven by a common goal and the deep satisfaction that comes from knowing our work supports local economies, helps small businesses grow, and brings homeowners peace of mind. We’re seeking people who continually put our purpose first: advocating for pros and customers, embracing change, and choosing teamwork every day.
At Thumbtack, we're creating a new era of home care. If making an impact and the chance to do good inspires you, join us. Imagine what we’ll build together.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available nationwide in all 3,143 U.S. counties
- 75 million projects started on Thumbtack
- 4 million customers in the last 12 months
- Pros earn billions on our platform
- More than 9 million 5-star reviews for our stellar pros
- 1000+ employees and $3.2 billion valuation (June, 2021)
About The Growth Marketing Team
We’re a team of marketers that create engaging campaigns across acquisition and engagement channels and we work closely with cross-functional partners (Brand, Product, Sales, Engineering, and Data Science) to drive growth on both sides of Thumbtack’s marketplace. We are nimble and innovative and our team’s mission is to help customers solve their home care needs by discovering and using Thumbtack’s platform.
About The Role
As Director of Lifecycle Marketing, you are responsible for building and executing strategies that drive customer and pro adoption, engagement, and retention across Thumbtack’s products. You will lead a team to deliver an optimal communication experience with customers and pros that increase lifetime value and love of the Thumbtack brand. The ideal candidate will have deep expertise in engagement/lifecycle marketing, Martech/Marketing automation, and marketing analytics. As a strategic leader, you own the long-term vision of the program while driving short term business impact.
- Lead Thumbtack’s lifecycle/CRM strategy across multiple channels including email, push, SMS, direct mail, and in-app channels to activate, engage, and drive LTV of our customers and pros
- Own KPIs and drive measurement results, improve analytical frameworks for measuring effectiveness, manage reporting and performance of all lifecycle initiatives
- Provide thought leadership and identify new opportunities for channel optimization across the customer journey, and drive cross-functional collaboration across marketing, product & engineering, data and design
- Maintain customer database health and performance by creating automation, optimization, and targeting strategies
- Own martech stack (marketing automation & CRM platforms) and relationship with technology platforms, vendors & agencies. Partner with Martech and Product on vision and roadmap to build technical solutions that drive personalized and scalable communications.
- Communicate vision and results to leadership and key stakeholders, and advocate for resources needed to grow the program
- Lead, coach, and develop high-performing team (lifecycle and marketing operations) that is engaged and motivated to achieve Thumbtack's mission
What You'll Need
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 10+ years experi ence leading lifecycle, CRM, retention, or engagement marketing, with proven track record of delivering measurable results and real-time personalization at scale
- 4+ years of people management experience, excellent leadership skills with the confidence to lead, manage and engage team members (both direct and indirect reports)
- Customer-centric mindset with experience using customer insights (qual and quant) to inform business strategy and day-to-day decision-making
- Expert knowledge of lifecycle channel automation and marketing measurement approaches (attribution, incrementality), A/B testing strategies and test planning
- Deep experience with marketing technology (including CDPs, AI & ML applications such as Next Best Action) and ability to translate business needs into technical requirements
- A great communicator who can tell the full story at all levels within the organization, bringing all stakeholders along with them, and drive cross-functional collaboration
- Innate ability to stay in ahead of the curve on new strategies and tactics, possess a growth mindset and deep sense of ownership
Bonus points if you have
- Experience in a high growth tech company and/or two-sided marketplace app/company
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity combined with big-picture thinking and exceptional problem solving skills
- Familiarity with Iterable and other CRM technology ESPs, Marketing Automation platforms and CRM tools
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Canada or the Philippines. Learn more about our virtual-first working model here .
Benefits & Perks
- Virtual-first working model coupled with quarterly in-person events and Camp Thumbtack
- 20+ company-wide holidays including two week-long shutdowns
- Libraries (collaborative workspaces) in San Francisco, Toronto, and Manila
- Stipends for remote work support, home office set-up and Thumbtack services
- Cell phone and WiFi reimbursements
- Subscriptions and Employee Assistance Program for mental health and well-being
Learn More About Us
- Life @ Thumbtack Blog
- How Thumbtack is embracing virtual work
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Meet the pros who inspire us
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, state, or local law. We also will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable law.
Thumbtack is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation for a medical condition or disability during any part of the application process, please contact: [email protected] .