Marketing & One Day Studio
Managing Director, Marketing Technology and CRM
The Director of Lifecycle Marketing plays a key role in executing our national digital marketing strategies in Salesforce Marketing Cloud. In collaboration with our digital marketing team, content marketing team and internal partners, you will maximize traffic, demand, acquisition, engagement, activation and retention through audience journeys in SFMC. You will own the development of digital marketing assets, such as email and landing page builds, lead capture form creation, building customer journeys and automations, and developing newsletter templates with HTML/CSS. You will collaborate closely with the MD, Marketing Technology and CRM and others on the Marketing team to execute personalized audience-first programs using the latest digital marketing tools.
This is an opportunity to be a critical contributor to achieving team-wide goals of stronger personalization, engagement, and retention with our audiences, including prospects, corps members, alumni, and donors. The ideal candidate is analytical and organized, motivated by results and data, and has a creative and agile approach to problem-solving.
Develop & Execute Automated Campaigns (50%)
- Manage and execute end-to-end delivery of automated audience campaigns: work with project management, organize the campaign calendar; configure, deploy and manage campaigns to meet deadlines and milestones; and, provide timely updates on project status.
- Partner with content marketing, audience engagement, and other team members to understand audience needs and campaign strategy
- Pull targeted lists, manage audience and list segmentation, and use Automation Studio to complete any other data requirements for campaign execution
- Complete QA and process checks to ensure error-free deployments. This includes proofreading campaign content (clarity, spelling, grammar), receiving full stakeholder alignment prior to going into production and testing email campaigns in multiple providers to ensure a seamless presentation in the inbox.
- Monitor and minimize unsubscribe/bounce/complaint rates and ensure spam regulation compliance.
- Track key performance indicators, develop and deliver reports and dashboards, derive insights from results, and recommend enhancements
- Handle requests for special reports, data, and campaign tracking information.
Advance Digital Marketing (30%)
- Responsible for partnering with marketing teammates to develop the CRM lifecycle for key audiences and making recommendations to optimize touch points
- Design testing strategies for improving campaigns’ effectiveness, pilot your ideas, measure their impact, and roll-out when successful.
- Document campaign and processes, identify opportunities to improve efficiency of campaign production, and roll-out initiatives to streamline email marketing.
- Define and maintain email and SMS standards, including opt-in/out processes, email size, HTML/CSS format, scripting, adherence to brand guidelines, etc.
- Ensure data integrity, consistency and governance across SFMC and that all communications comply with privacy and security policies and applicable regulations.
Serve as an SFMC Expert (20%)
- Act as marketing platform expert and provide SFMC support and training to internal partners as needed
- Troubleshoot issues for internal SFMC users (e.g., ensure emails, forms, and assets are rendering across devices and email clients, data alignment, etc.)
- Proactively research and recommend implementation of new features within our current Martech stack (SFMC, Interaction Studio, Mobile Connect and SF CRM)
- Stay current on email marketing industry benchmarks, emerging trends and best practices and propose opportunities to integrate to improve email marketing flexibility and scalability.
THE MUST HAVES
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience in email marketing, digital marketing, and/or marketing automation, including campaign set-up, nurture methodology, and funnel metrics
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a Salesforce Cloud power user, including email certification and specific experience with Email Studio, Mobile Connect, Interaction Studio, Automation Studio and Journey Builder .
- Advanced knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Experience using AMPscript to enable lookup and personalization within SFMC emails
- Knowledge of SQL to query databases and build audiences in Automation Studio
- Highly data-driven with the ability to read and understand data; query and manipulate data; track, analyze and report campaign results and KPIs; and develop a plan of action
- Experience creating dashboards and reporting for stakeholders
- Experience with SFMC Platform API/Data feed integration
- Basic understanding of CAN-SPAM and other email compliance regulations
- Superior project management and organizational skills
- Superior communication and collaboration skills with teammates across functions
Teach For America’s Marketing & One Day Studio team informs, inspires, engages, and activates to co-create the future of education all kids deserve. The Marketing team prioritizes key audience's needs and turns them into actionable insights that are converted into initiatives that grow, connect, and motivate a broad and diverse coalition to co-create the next chapter in the movement for educational equity.
By joining staff , you join a network of individuals committed to pursuing equity for all students and developing themselves as professionals in the process. We as an organization value the longevity of our employees and offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits plan. The salary for this position is also competitive and depends on your prior work experience. Please be advised, you will have an opportunity to discuss salary in more detail after you begin the application process.