SoundCloud is a next-generation music entertainment company, powered by an ecosystem of artists, listeners, and curators on the pulse of what's new, now and next in culture. Founded in 2007, SoundCloud is an artist-first platform empowering artists to build and grow their careers by providing them with the most progressive tools, services, and resources. With over 250 million tracks from 30 million creators heard in 190 countries, the future of music is SoundCloud.
SoundCloud is looking for a Director of CRM & Subscription Marketing, who will be responsible for helping lead the lifecycle marketing strategy for SoundCloud’s listener and creator audiences. In this strategic role as part of the Growth Marketing leadership team, you will develop and execute programs to engage with our audience through every phase of their lifecycle with the SoundCloud suite of products.
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented, highly experienced digital marketer with a passion for executing on business objectives, strategy and planning for a successful multi-channel customer experience. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a passion for music are essential.
- Direct the CRM & Subscription Marketing team and align support cross functionally to lead the design and execute growth marketing campaigns focused on increasing audience engagement, retention, and growing our subscription businesses
- Develop a dynamic and personalized customer lifecycle experience, tailored to each user’s journey around key behaviors
- Own the marketing execution for email, push, and on-platform communications with an in-depth understanding of each channel’s technical capabilities
- Continuously optimize performance through agile A/B testing and work with partners to deliver results and extract maximum ROI/LTV including identifying opportunities for automation
- Work with product, marketing and analytics peers to define key objectives and develop and continually optimize customer segmentation and the corresponding marketing strategy
- Innovate and partner with the product team on how we connect with our customers and delight them at every touchpoint with personalization and tailored flows
- Build a high performing lifecycle marketing team and mobilize them to execute on your vision while supporting them achieve their professional development goals
- Manage relationships with CRM vendors
- 10+ years of CRM/digital marketing experience
- Analytical thinker with in-depth of knowledge of campaign tracking and financial analysis
- Deep experience in building & executing marketing strategy utilizing data-driven insights, market trends and competitive analysis
- Proven ability to nurture customer relationships, reduce churn, and improve engagement and monetization with 1:1 communication
- Success in building and/or running loyalty, membership, or subscription programs
- Understanding of data privacy and governance policies
- Experience managing high performing teams and cross-functional collaboration through change and transformation
- Confident, detail-oriented leader who can prioritize, delegate, and drive to action
- Exceptional verbal and written clear communication skills with the ability to synthesize plans and strategies into topline briefs/slides
- 3+ years of people management experience, with empathy to mentor and lead direct reports.
- Strong data driven mentality and deeply familiar with tools to support retention and CRM efforts such as Google Analytics, Email Creation/HTML, Mixpanel, Email and Push Platforms such as Klaviyo, Braze, LeanPlum, etc,.
- SoundCloud listener or creator
- MBA in Marketing or Communications
- Industry experience in music, entertainment, gaming or related fields International marketing experience
- We’re international! We operate in the US, Berlin and London and all of our communication is in English.
- We have a flexible, friendly, and inclusive office environment.
- Our environment is a learning one, with specific focus on development, including a professional development allowance.
- You can contribute to our Engineering Blog.
- Not located in NYC / LA? No worries, we offer extensive relocation support including allowances, one way flights, temporary accommodation and on the ground support on arrival.
- Interested in a gym membership, photography course or book? We have a Creativity and Wellness benefit!
- Full Benefits - Variety of options to choose from, some as much as 100% coverage of health, dental and vision
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Robust & evolving 401k Program
- Professional development allowance
- Flexible vacation and public holiday policy where you can take up to 35 days of PTO annually
Diversity at SoundCloud:
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity and open expression are fundamental to our organization; they help us build a social platform and global community where anyone can create, discover, and share sounds. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry, and strive to develop an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute.