Who We Are
Ro is a direct-to-patient healthcare company providing high-quality, affordable healthcare without the need for insurance. Ro is the only company to seamlessly connect telehealth, in-home care, diagnostics, labs, and pharmacy services nationwide. This is enabled by Ro's vertically integrated platform that powers a personalized, end-to-end healthcare experience from diagnosis, to delivery of medication, to ongoing care. Since 2017, Ro has facilitated more than eight million digital healthcare visits in nearly every county in the United States, including 98% of primary care deserts. Visit Ro.co for more information.
Ro was named #2 in Wellness on Fast Company's 2019 list of the World's Most Innovative Companies, recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2022, listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2022 for our third consecutive year, and named one of FORTUNE's 2022 Best Medium Workplaces.
As the Director, Lifecycle Marketing on the Ro Growth team, you will act as the organization’s functional leader for all things related to patient communications through our owned channels. You will be responsible for shaping the overall CRM strategy for our business, taking into account areas of need and opportunity across the business to develop a plan to guide the focus areas of our Lifecycle Team. As a component of ongoing strategy setting, you will develop a deep understanding of our various business lines and apply a rigorous metrics-based approach to building a stack-ranked roadmap for key projects, test areas and campaign initiatives. Furthermore, you will serve as a key liaison between Lifecycle Marketing and other teams across Ro, with a special focus on interactions with technical, product, and data teams with a goal of shaping our overall roadmaps in a way that unlocks the maximum patient and business impact of our Lifecycle Marketing program.
Beyond close partnership with technical and product partners, you’ll also collaborate closely with brand and marketing teams to ensure that our Ro brand voice and design elements carry through consistently throughout Ro lifecycle flows while at the same time crafting and honing our messaging and marketing through Lifecycle channels in a way that accentuates the unique elements of our various product offerings and treatment areas.
With a team of four Lifecycle Marketing experts reporting to you, you’ll provide hands-on guidance, mentorship, and support to the team as we set out our roadmaps and execute against them, and will be responsible for driving efforts to continuously improve the efficiency and output of the team in aggregate.
Key elements of accountability will include overall CRM performance and business impact metrics, ownership of our high-level CRM strategy, leadership on CRM technical, product, and platform issues, and responsibility for applying and upleveling the Ro brand consistently throughout our lifecycle communications. You will oversee vendor relationships and budget associated with CRM tools, vendors, agencies, and contractors.
What You’ll Do
- Strategy Setting and Roadmapping
- Develop and own the overall strategy for Lifecycle Marketing at Ro that integrates CRM capabilities and touchpoints across the user journey, with a clear aim of driving gains in new revenue, returning revenue, product cross-sell rates and other KPIs to increase new patient engagement and reacquire churned patients
- Drive an analysis-based approach across the Lifecycle Marketing team to opportunity size projects throughout our patient funnel with a business impact lens, and facilitate the team’s ability to quickly calculate overall business opportunity in order to drive prioritization
- Set clear KPIs and performance targets that will be applied to, tracked and measured across Ro’s Lifecycle Marketing program and ensure that these metrics are known across Ro’s organization and tracked/reported on with regularity
- Establish best practices across our Lifecycle Marketing program and work to have them applied broadly to all relevant portions of the lifecycle marketing experience
- Own the annual Lifecycle Marketing vendor and agency budget, and support regular forecasting work to account for how Lifecycle Marketing efforts will roll up into Ro budget projections and forecasts
- Lifecycle Platform Development
- Develop a technical and data roadmap for Lifecycle Marketing needs that leads to greater utilization of our first party data to inform lifecycle logic and personalization
- Lead our efforts to build and develop more actionable audience segmentation levers within our CRM system, and collaborate with operational and technical teams to ensure that our content and campaigns are being delivered successfully and to the correct audiences
- Represent Lifecycle Marketing needs and capabilities in relevant product roadmap and development processes, working closely with technical stakeholders to provide relevant technical needs tied to business cases
- Drive development of data tools and dashboards that allow for Lifecycle Marketing and business stakeholders alike to intimately measure and monitor KPIs for all aspects of the Lifecycle Marketing program, working closely with Data and Analytics teams on such efforts as needed
- Provide technical guidance and facilitate troubleshooting around CRM platform issues, and help triage requests that come in from across the org in order to drive quickly to resolution
- Own key relationships with Lifecycle Marketing technical / platform partners (i.e., Braze, Lob, Regal Voice) and constantly vet and monitor the vendor landscape for new technologies that will support the overall Lifecycle Marketing strategy
- Brand and Creative Development
- Establish and maintain a high bar for marketing creative and copy across our Lifecycle programs with a constant focus on driving creative improvements that also yield measurable business impact
- In conjunction with the Ro brand team, develop and implement standards to pull the Ro brand consistently through our all Lifecycle correspondence
- Lead the development of Ro-wide email templates and campaign frameworks to facilitate rapid execution and consistency
What You’ll Bring
- 10+ years of email marketing experience, including campaign strategy/development, messaging, patient segmentation, lifecycle optimization, deliverability, and AB/multivariate testing
- 6+ years experience in managing multi-member lifecycle marketing teams
- Deep working knowledge of a modern CRM platform such as Braze or Iterable and a track record leveraging those tools to create successful, multi-channel, and multi touch campaigns
- Deep metrics-driven orientation with a fluent ability to frame up project work through a business impact lens and skill in scaling that skill across the broader team
- Ability to balance short-term gains with long-term impact and to foresee the long-term impact of those short-term gains and properly utilize that knowledge to inform the roadmap
- A knack for managing complexity and paying attention to the finer details, while also seeing the big picture and appreciating progress over perfection
- Experience and comfort in analyzing and manipulating data in Google Analytics, Looker, Mixpanel to draw meaningful insights that inform current and future strategy
- Strong technical skills and fundamental knowledge of CRM and email tools and systems
- Previous experience working within a subscription-based business or other businesses with both new and returning revenue streams highly preferred
- Previous experience working in a heavily regulated environment (fintech, telehealth) a plus
- No task too big or too small mindset
We’ve Got You Covered
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance + OneMedical membership
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible PTO
- Wellbeing + Learning & Growth reimbursements
- Paid parental leave + Fertility benefits
- Pet insurance
- Student loan refinancing
- Virtual resources for mindfulness, counseling, fitness, and physical therapy
The target base salary for this position ranges from $201,000 to $242,500, in addition to a competitive equity and benefits package (as applicable). When determining compensation, we analyze and carefully consider several factors, including location, job-related knowledge, skills and experience. These considerations may cause your compensation to vary.
Ro recognizes the power of in-person collaboration, while supporting the flexibility to work anywhere in the United States. For our Ro’ers in the tri-state (NY) area, you will join us at HQ on Tuesdays and Thursdays. For those outside of the tri-state area, you will be able to join in-person collaborations throughout the year (i.e., during team on-sites).
At Ro, we believe that our diverse perspectives are our biggest strengths — and that embracing them will create real change in healthcare. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to building an inclusive environment where you can be you.