Are you looking for the chance to grow and engage with food lovers, takeout diners and local restaurants for a burgeoning brand at the intersection of technology & food culture? What about owning the relationship and communications with an engaged user base who wants their takeout ordering to help local restaurants, not hurt them? Do you love to bring people together? And, do you love food?
Great—we have the perfect opportunity for you!
ChowNow’s vision is to become the leading North American platform connecting diners and independent restaurants for at-home dining. The ChowNow Platform continues to grow its product offerings and bring restaurants and diners closer together. Our marketplace provides a commission-free ordering for restaurants nationwide and diners with an ever-growing selection of independent restaurants. Our demand network provides diners with the ability to order where they’re already online, including Google, Yelp, Instagram, Snap, and many others. And our white-labeled online ordering system provides restaurants with a branded experience for diners on their website and their own iOS and Android apps for a reasonable monthly fee regardless of order volume. To date, we’ve created over 20,000 apps for our restaurant partners – something that’s never been done before in our category. We operate this way because of our belief in being fair, sustainable, and equitable with our restaurant partners and the same goes for our culture.
Diversity, teamwork, and mutual respect are among our core company values. We pride ourselves on giving our teams plenty of opportunities to make their mark. As we expand to new markets, while scaling responsibly, those opportunities to create, build, and grow will only increase.
Join us and help ensure ChowNow becomes the diner’s first choice for socially responsible online ordering. Together we can preserve neighborhood flavor, one restaurant at a time.
About the Position:
As Director of Lifecycle Marketing, you are responsible for building and executing strategies that drive diner adoption, engagement, and lifetime value (LTV) across ChowNow products. The ideal candidate will have deep expertise in customer engagement/lifecycle marketing, Martech/Marketing automation, and marketing analytics. This is an outstanding opportunity for a hands-on, startup-mentality leader who’s excited to build deep connection and loyalty between independent restaurants and the diners who love them.
What We Love About You
You put restaurants first.
You deeply understand the importance of local restaurants and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to help them not only survive but thrive.
You celebrate diversity.
You recognize that diversity and inclusivity matter. You’re committed to progress, which means everyone gets the support and resources they need, no matter who they are. You have an ability to listen to other team members' ideas and can thrive in an environment that embraces individuality. Everyone’s voice counts.
You raise your hand.
You consistently go above and beyond what is asked of you. You help your peers accomplish their tasks while also excelling at accomplishing your own. When you have a smart idea, you raise your hand and share it.
You keep reaching.
You set clear ambitious goals. You don’t allow yourself to become complacent with where you’re at and what you’ve done, so you seek out new opportunities and challenges.
Specifically You Will
- Lead ChowNow’s diner lifecycle/CRM strategy, leveraging email, push, SMS, and in-app channels to activate, engage, and drive LTV of our diner base.
- Optimize existing lifecycle channels and programs, and expand lifecycle/retention efforts into new/additional channels.
- Identify opportunities for product optimization at all stages of the customer journey (from landing pages, through activation, through conversion, retention, and winback), partnering with cross-functional teams to prioritize and execute
- Provide thought leadership on all things lifecycle and drive cross-functional collaboration across marketing, product & engineering, data and design.
- Identify and set KPIs and benchmarks relevant to lifecycle/retention and implement robust weekly and monthly reporting, proving business impact every step of the way
- Own our martech stack (marketing automation & CRM platforms) and relationship with technology platforms, vendors & agencies. Identify opportunities to streamline and optimize tools in collaboration with our Engineering & Product teams
- Manage and develop a team of email and CRM managers, building opportunities for mentorship and career growth
- Take a customer-first approach to all growth efforts, championing user benefit, satisfaction, and trust among diners and restaurants alike
You Should Apply If
- You have 5+ years of experience in relationship/lifecycle management with a consistent track record of delivering measurable results (ideally with eCommerce and/or mobile app experience)
- You have 2+ years of experience managing a team
- Customer-centric mindset with experience using customer insights (qual and quant) to inform business strategy and day-to-day decision-making
- Understanding of essential performance drivers and experience turning insights into successful tactics
- Experience designing and implementing A/B, holdout and multivariate tests
- Experience developing actionable creative briefs and providing constructive feedback on creative work
- Expertise in bringing cross-functional stakeholders together to advance retention goals, and in helping other teams drive results through close collaboration with the lifecycle team
- Familiarity with Iterable and other CRM technology ESPs, Marketing Automation platforms (e.g. Braze, Salesforce) and CRM tools
Within 30 Days You’ll
- Progress through our Ramp Camp (ChowNow’s New Hire Onboarding Experience)
- Meet cross-functional colleagues relevant to your role and understand how the many departments can/will play a part in Lifecycle’s success
Within 60 Days You’ll
- Have a full understanding of our current Lifecycle programs, capabilities, gaps & deficiencies
- Have communicated a vision and strategy for Lifecycle marketing at ChowNow, and the cross-functional colleagues/teams and dependencies that will support and enable it
Within 90 Days You’ll
- Have deployed key upgrades and net-new initiatives to improve retention and adoption
- Begin to prove material impact on diner retention and LTV
- Have a blueprint of any team growth & hires and Martech improvement necessary for greater optimization and impact
About Our Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities.
- A "Best Place to Work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience.
- A remote-first culture and up to $450 office equipment reimbursement to enable you to do your best work by setting up your home office.
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans.
- Mental Health Coverage - we offer several programs to support your mental health and wellness goals.
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 7 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the first year of birth or adoption), 8 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy Leave.
- 401(k) Matching
- Employer-contributing student loan assistance program.
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool).
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan.
- Pet insurance for your fur babies
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion).
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly.
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable.
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap in our satellite offices
ChowNow takes the health and safety of our team seriously and requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to starting work. We strongly believe that this is the best way to protect our employees, families, clients, and communities. All requests for accommodations will be considered.
As one of ChowNow’s core values, “Celebrates Diversity”, we are committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment. ChowNow is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status. We are committed to developing a barrier-free recruitment process and work environment, if you require any accommodation, please let us know at your earliest convenience and we’ll work with you to meet your accessibility needs.