At Caribou, we're on a mission to help drivers save money and take control of their car payments. We use technology to unlock low rates and a team of great people to make the process easy and enjoyable. We offer a fully online application and a dedicated team to walk you through the process. We put Drivers in control.
Caribou is a fast-growing company built by leaders from the technology, automotive, and finance industries. We're proud to be backed by a great team of investors, including QED Investors, Goldman Sachs, Moderne Ventures, Accomplice, Link Ventures, Motley Fool Ventures and others.
About The Role
As the Director of Lifecycle Marketing at Caribou, you will lead a team of channel specialists to develop end-to-end strategies for marketing initiatives focused on conversion, retention, and lifecycle. You will help create human-centered journeys that bring value to customers and lead the way in building a team to implement a best-in-class Lifecycle Marketing program. These efforts will directly impact both marketing-specific and company-wide goals as our organization and product continue to grow.
Over the next 12 months you will
- Work with the Lifecycle team to map out and evolve the customer journey through email and SMS
- Develop multi-channel journeys to facilitate the customer's journey through multiple funnels
- Lead the charge to develop an experimentation-driven optimization methodology, using the results of A/B and multivariate testing to enable your team to iterate rapidly on new and existing campaigns
- Work with our Sales, Product, and Customer Experience teams to translate organizational needs into customer-friendly language that is consistent throughout the use experience
- Use customer personas to create personalized content in accordance with company goals and product developments
- You have 8-10 years relevant marketing experience (retention, engagement, transactional messaging, growing lifetime value) with multiple years of experience in people management and leading high performance teams
- You are analytical and data driven with demonstrated ability to understand key performance drivers in order to turn insights into impactful strategies and tactics
- You are dedicated to building top quality user experiences; you aspire to have a strong understanding of the user's needs and motivations as they interact with Caribou across multiple channels
- You have experience working with event-based systems and engineering teams to implement the events needed to drive the most effective Lifecycle campaigns and ensure a seamless user experience across interactions across product and other owned channels.
- You are comfortable in a variety of CRM platforms, implementing automated processes or performing manual updates when absolutely necessary
- You have a proven ability to navigate ambiguity and prioritize work across competing initiatives
- You enjoy mentoring and developing others skillsets to drive the advancement and growth of the team
- Bonus: Experience with Braze, Segment, and/or call center technologies
- You are values-focused and want to work in a mission-driven collaborative culture (see our values below)
This role can be based out of Caribou offices in Washington, DC; Denver, CO; Austin, TX. Alternatively, the role may be based remotely within the U.S. This role requires attendance at occasional in-person team meetingsCaribou currently requires that all personnel and visitors to any of its offices are fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. As a result, candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be eligible for this position (subject to any exemptions or accommodations due to medical or religious reasons).
How We Will Take Care Of You
Everyone at Caribou is a valued team member, and we always strive to live up to our value Take Care of Each Other.
Our compensation and benefits package includes:
- Competitive compensation: $145-$170k annual salary
- Equity in a high-growth company
- 401k savings program with 3% company contribution
- Generous paid time off including: 20 days accrued PTO per year, 14 annual company holidays, 16-weeks paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and volunteer day
- Robust wellness benefits including company-paid plans for health, dental, vision, mental health, disability and basic life insurance
- Optional benefits to suit your individual circumstances such as HSAs, FSAs, supplemental life and medical insurance, and pet insurance
- Up to $1,000 per year for eligible professional development expenses
Our Core Values
We come from all walks of life and are joined together by our shared values, which guide our work. This helps us improve life for our customers, our communities and our team members.
- See people as people
- Take care of each other
- Commit to the mission
- Move quickly and bravely
- Get better every day
- Seek truth
Caribou is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, marital status, military or protected veteran status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law. This position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above, and the scope and responsibilities are subject to change. A pre-employment background check is required as a condition of employment.