Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts (LCPA) is committed to engaging the broadest possible audience in New York City and beyond. Since its founding, free programming, community engagement, and arts education have been a core component of Lincoln Center’s mission. LCPA seeks a Director, Lifecycle and Retention Marketing, who will lead the in-house, day-to-day operation of our retention marketing campaigns at both the strategic and operational level. Reporting to the Senior Director, Marketing, you will be the day-to-day execution owner of our ESP (Email Service Provider) and build data-driven customer journeys and email campaigns in thoughtful, strategic ways, while also reporting on end business results, including importantly attracting and retaining new audiences for Lincoln Center. The ideal candidate will be a collaborative, analytical, and customer-centric thinker with strong retention marketing experience. This individual will be fluent in retention KPIs and overseeing the strategy that will continue to enhance them, constantly testing and learning to uncover new audience insights.
You will build campaigns based on departmental and institutional objectives that include but are not limited to support of institutional messaging, attracting and retaining new audiences, ticket sales and event attendance, fundraising, and educational outreach and recruitment. This role will be responsible for email campaign creation, testing, and proofing, as well as developing routing schedules to ensure timely approvals from stakeholders.
This role also serves as the team’s lead on our lead generation strategy, planning and executing new approaches to data collection at events and performances, with visitors to our campus, and on our website. You will leverage that first-party data to drive decisions to both optimize and personalize communications with our patrons to drive our retention KPIs.
What you’ll get to do here:
Campaign Strategy and Execution
- Create and implement a comprehensive lifecycle marketing strategy and own retention KPIs to increase loyalty among Lincoln Center audiences.
- Develop and execute automated lifecycle marketing journeys and one-off campaigns, including e-marketing, direct mail, SMS, etc., to maximize attendance, fundraising, venue sales, and audience engagement goals for LCPA.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and optimize customer touchpoints throughout the customer journey
- Utilize customer data to inform segmentation, messaging, and targeting for all lifecycle and retention campaigns
- Develop and implement testing strategies to optimize campaign performance and improve customer engagement and retention
- Embrace a data-driven test-and-learn approach to email creative, list targeting, and messaging
- Collect assets for email campaigns across teams, including copy, creative assets, and any other special requirements. This role will be expected to write copy for email campaigns
- Report regularly on campaign performance and make recommendations for optimization.
- Keep abreast of industry trends in analytics, marketing automation, CRM, and email marketing
- Project manage email campaigns, implementing the appropriate feedback and approval process, ensuring accuracy of copy, segmentation, etc., and timely deployment
- Grow our lead generation capabilities online and on our campus
- Evaluate and move forward LCPA’s use of marketing automation tools
Teamwork & Collaboration
- Work closely with Associate Director, Marketing and Tessitura Operations on list management and segmentation across the institution and on driving innovation in LCPA’s use of its first-party data
- Partner with the Director, Marketing & Audience Development to develop a strategy for building a marketing flywheel to drive new and repeat attendance and engagement with Lincoln Center
- Lead and advise other departments in their use of the ESP, including strategy, list segmentation, creative and messaging, and deployment.
- Work closely with Marketing and IT teams on leading the onboarding and implementation of new marketing automation ESP
- Communicate across departments to optimize outreach messaging for all LCPA stakeholders
You'll be a fit if you bring:
- 7+ years of work experience, with a focus on customer lifecycle management and email marketing
- Knowledge of GDPR, CAN-SPAM, and email database management best-practices
- Exceptional project management skills and superb detail orientation.
- Experience writing compelling marketing copy
- Data-driven, coupled with demonstrated success in finding creative solutions to challenges
- Experience working across multiple teams to build and deliver projects
- Strong experience with Excel, Tessitura or similar CRM, email marketing platforms, and Google Suite (Analytics, Tag Manager, Optimize) required
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite required; HTML/CSS, SQL skills a plus
- Strong relationship-building abilities and customer-centric in approach to creating compelling marketing campaigns
- Inquisitive and innovative, especially in regard to keeping up to date with industry best practices and implementing new strategies
- Adaptable with the ability thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Knowledge of and passion for the performing arts is highly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
What is Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts?
Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts (LCPA) is the world’s leading performing arts center in the heart of New York City. In these times of heightened anxiety and vigilance, we are holding on to the important role the arts play in our lives: they nourish our hearts and minds, teach us valuable lessons and critical skills, and help us create community. We are resolved not to lose sight of what connects us, and we hope you will consider joining our talented, diverse team.
- The manager of the Lincoln Center Campus.
- We are part of 16 acres of activity and one of eleven amazing resident organizations
- A leading Arts Presenter.
- We curate a number of series showcasing music, dance, and theater
- An Education Hub.
- We have reached 20 million students, educators, principals, and community members
Who are our people?
Lincoln Center is a diverse team of dreamers, collaborators, and entrepreneurs who use unique platforms in the heart of New York City and beyond to advocate for the transformative impact of artistic experiences.
Lincoln Center People imagine and create in concert with this mission by founding President John D. Rockefeller III - "The arts are not for the privileged few, but for the many. Their place is not on the periphery of daily life, but at its center."
Lincoln Center welcomes applicants from all sectors who agilely solve problems, show up as they are, and can't stop innovating.
It is the policy of Lincoln Center to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, marital or civil partnership/union status, familial or caregiver status, alienage or citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, military or veteran status, genetic information, predisposition, or carrier status, unemployment status, domestic violence, sexual violence, or stalking victim status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. LCPA is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.