Dave (Nasdaq: DAVE) is on a mission to build products that level the financial playing field. Our banking app helps millions of members bank, budget, find work, build credit, and access up to $500 advances without paying a fee. With a growing suite of tools and services, we provide a superior banking experience for anyone living paycheck to paycheck. We’re looking for high performers to be part of our journey to bring access to financial opportunity for everyone.
As a Director, Lifecycle and Retention Marketing, you will be responsible for building out Dave’s owned marketing strategy and capabilities to the next level. Leveraging your technical expertise, knowledge of lifecycle marketing and , and leadership experience you will be a driving force within the company to unlock personalization at scale and boost user retention as we further expand our product set. . This role will own the strategy and management of programs and tactics across email, SMS, push notification and in product messaging throughout CRM platform and expand lifecycle into selected paid channels . You will work closely with key marketing partners to ensure we deliver the right message, to the right audience, and at the right time through segmentation and lay the foundations for model driven lifecycle marketing. You will apply a data driven growth mindset and be responsible for reporting the results of your campaigns to stakeholders and leadership.
This role reports into the CMO and will include a mix of strategy & execution. You will wear multiple hats to not only orchestrate the CRM strategy, but also roll-up your sleeves to execute the campaigns when needed.
What You'll Do:
- Develop, lead, and oversee all strategy creation and planning for email, push, and in app channels to increase new customer engagement and reacquire churned customers.
- Use data to define KPIs and goals across different segments, identify trends, and optimize marketing programs and deliver upon overall company goals
- Prioritize building, developing, and mentoring the team to ensure we have the roles and skills set that we need to support company goals; with a commitment to inclusivity, diversity, and employee engagement
- Build the strategy for CRM campaigns including message/content strategy, target audience segmentation, measurement plans, and iterative testing roadmaps
- Use marketing automation tools to develop transactional, promotional, and informational content strategies
- Develop best in class learning agendas from experimentation planning and development to scaling the learning
- Work with our product, data and content teams to design and launch complex automated campaigns using our internal and external tools
- Design, set up, and drive complex CRM journeys, triggers and automations with static and dynamic content, designed to drive conversion and engagement
- Define how to establish and track the health of channels through regular reviews of KPIs, reacting quickly to create and implement mitigation plans when health falters
- Create, refine and continually optimize direct-to-consumer communications (including email, SMS and direct mail) with new martech and models
- Serve as a CRM business intelligence leader, utilizing analytics to drive customer-centric action plans
- Own the distribution and presentation of CRM reporting and status to executive stakeholders
What You'll Need:
- 10+ more years of related experience in direct to consumer CRM role
- 5+ more years of direct people management experience, preferably including managing managers as well as individual contributors
- Related work experience which demonstrates an understanding of CRM marketing principles and lifecycle marketing strategies
- Expert knowledge and skill with data, data management, data activation and statistics, particularly as it relates to CRM and consumer analytics
- Demonstrated strength in communication and influencing skills; not only written and verbal, but also in the engagement of internal and external business partners
- Ability to lead presentations and effectively analyze and translate data into actionable business plans
Don’t let imposter syndrome get in your way of an incredible opportunity. We’re looking for people who can help us achieve our mission and vision, not just check off the boxes. If you’re excited about this role, we encourage you to apply. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
Why you’ll love working here:
At Dave, our people are just as important as our product. Our culture is a reflection of our values that guide who we are, how we work, and what we aspire to be. Daves are member centric, helpful, transparent, persistent, and better together. We strive to create an environment where all Daves feel valued, heard, and empowered to do their best work. As a virtual first company, team members can live and work anywhere in the United States, with the exception of Hawaii.
A few of our benefits & perks:
- Opportunity to tackle tough challenges, learn and grow from fellow top talent, and help millions of people reach their personal financial goals
- Flexible hours and virtual first work culture with a home office stipend
- Premium Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance plans
- Generous paid parental and caregiver leave
- 401(k) savings plan with matching contributions
- Financial advisor and financial wellness support
- Flexible PTO and generous company holidays, including Juneteenth and Winter Break
- All-company in-person events once or twice a year and virtual events throughout to connect with your team members and leadership team
Dave, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is dedicated to cultivating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants and do not discriminate on any basis protected by federal, state, or local law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.