Nearmap is unique. An Australian global technology company with incredible people; a market-leader with energy and spirit. Nearmap was named as one of the world’s 10 Most Innovative Companies of 2020 by Fast Company magazine – and we’re growing.
The Director, Global Marketing Automation, is responsible for the strategy and execution of marketing programs that source leads and generate pipeline in key markets of the business, as well as creating strategic communications for post-sale and customer advocacy - by utilizing best practices when it comes to the MarTech Stack. In this role, you will lead and support Marketing Automation Small Medium Enterprises (SME) and continually look for new ways to target, engage, educate, and nurture prospects through the buying lifecycle. You will work directly with the regional marketing teams and all disciplines of marketing to ensure marketing programs meet or exceed established marketing KPIs and carefully monitor the volume, quality, and conversion of leads through the marketing and sales funnel. You will work closely with other members of the marketing team to execute marketing plans across all key channels (digital and search advertising, website/email, social, PR, and events).
As a leader, you should be comfortable creating processes for the betterment of the campaigns and the flow of communications for the broader marketing team and beyond. You must be very comfortable wearing multiple hats. You are focused, analytical, and able to roll up your sleeves and be "hands-on" with strategy and execution.
Prior experience with website content management systems, CRM & marketing automation platforms, email systems, and reporting is critical in this role. You must also be comfortable presenting and taking a lead role in marketing conversations/meetings.
What we do
We provide easy, instant access to high-resolution aerial imagery, city-scale 3D content, AI datasets and integrated geospatial tools, with wide-scale coverage across the USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. At the core of it, we’re a location content company, a visual analytics company, and a software as a service company. Innovation is weaved into our DNA.
What we are looking for
For this particular role we are seeking people with the following experience:
- Open to candidates in the Pacific and Mountain Time Zones
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or related field preferred
- 10-15 years working experience in marketing automation, demand generation, digital marketing, and/or demand generation (or a related field)
- A demonstrated, successful history of driving B2B demand generation leveraging multiple channels, including website and inbound strategy, search, social, re-targeting, email marketing, blogs, and PR
- Demonstrated history of building and supporting a team of global experts
- Marketo Certified Expert preferred
- Marketing automation best practices
- Proficiency with website content management platforms (AEM) as well as demonstrated intermediate-level skills with HTML and CSS
- Knowledge in Drift and playbook creations and flows
- Knowledge of setting up and reporting with Bizible, 6Sense, and /or other ABM and attribution solutions
- At least Intermediate-level proficiency using Adobe CC suite, specifically (Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, InDesign) – don’t have to be a true designer, but must be comfortable using daily without training
- Advanced experience working Salesforce.com CRM – specifically, campaigns and reports
- Proficiency with MS PowerPoint, World Excel; advanced knowledge of reporting/BI platforms such as Tableau, Looker, etc. a plus
- Experience creating persona-based journeys with optimized web and email content
- Experience with A/B and multivariate testing
- Solid understanding of website analytics, conversion tracking, and marketing automation tools (Google Analytics, Marketo Reporting, Looker)
- The ability to prioritize multiple tasks and deadlines concurrently
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Communicate with various levels within the organization
- High levels of personal motivation and professionalism
- Positive self-starter with a results-driven attitude
- Positive and energetic
- Completely dedicated to teamwork and collaboration
- Thrives in fast-paced environment with transparency and accountability
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time.
A typical day for you may look like this...
- Lead a global team of Marketo Certified Experts and be the face of marketing automation and customer engagement to the rest of the organisation
- Build the team to be the communication & engagement engine for the company
- Build out nurture programs and ‘always-on’ campaigns to aid in the growth of each targeted vertical in each global region
- Own MarTech stack and work with the broader team on system/solution integrations as it refers to making Marketo the communications hub
- Set strategy for marketing campaigns across a range of channels including online display, search, and social media. Leverage campaign results to continually improve campaign structure, targeting, and messaging to drive traffic and conversions
- Create and manage email marketing programs using Marketo that support various stages of the buyer journey, such as monthly newsletters, lead nurturing programs, product announcements, system triggered announcements, customer usage data and personas
- Produce, maintain, and optimize conversion landing pages to support demand generation across all digital channels (search/display, email, social, etc.)
- Manage, create, and optimize Marketo lead gen forms for global use
- Produce reports that demonstrate the effectiveness of programs based on MQLs generated, MQL to SQL conversion rates, and pipeline contribution
- Maintain calendar of marketing activities and ensure tasks/deadlines, and SLAs are met
- Maintain KPI’s for all activities above industry benchmarks
- Create A/B tests for better outcomes on every campaign/marketing activity
- Work with Sales Operations and other teams for data hygiene and integrity
- Create an agile environment where the MAT can work to its full potential and deliver 100% all the time.
Some of our benefits
Nearmap takes a holistic approach to our employees’ emotional, physical and financial wellness. Our current benefits include access to the Nearmap employee share scheme, short and long-term financial incentives, flexible working options, paid volunteer days, gym and phone rebates, and lots of development opportunities including hack-a-thons and pitch-fests.
Working at Nearmap
We move fast and work smart; often wearing multiple hats. We adapted to remote working with ease and are continually looking at ways to improve. We’re proud of our inclusive, supportive culture, and maintain a safe environment where everyone feels a sense of belonging and can be themselves.
If you can see yourself working at Nearmap and feel you have the right level of experience, we invite you to get in touch.