Are you looking for a supportive, collaborative workplace with great teams and inspiring leaders? You’ve come to the right place. We’re looking for ambitious people who share our values and want to make every day better for people around the world. If this sounds like you, and the career below sounds exciting, we’d like to hear from you.
Manulife is embarking on a multi-year journey to build a Global Performance Marketing Shared Service Center of Excellence (CoE) which will fuel our bold ambition to become a digital customer leader. The function brings together Marketing Technology (MarTech) and Demand Generation (Demand Gen) – a comprehensive, full-funnel approach designed to drive tailored customer journeys powered by connected data, that when integrated raises brand awareness, drives quality traffic, generates leads, secures sales, and fosters brand loyalty.
We are looking for an innovative and curious and innovative Marketing Automation leader to join our dynamic and growing global team and help us in our digital transformation and data democratization journey.
The Director, Global Marketing Automation is responsible for overseeing the overall platform and campaign strategies with the Performance Marketing Shared Service function for Manulife. Specific responsibilities will include defining the strategic roadmap for marketing automation globally, including platform, data connections, campaign execution, and success measurement and KPIs. This role will oversee the management, maintenance and evolution of our Marketo and Salesforce Marketing Cloud platforms, subscription centers and email practices. The incumbent will work closely with stakeholders across Marketing, Advanced Analytics, Technology, and Distribution to evolve our email marketing campaigns through automation.
Main Duties And Responsibilities
- Develop a global strategic vision/roadmap and approach for marketing automation
- Work with internal cross functional and external partners to execute on strategic roadmap
- Email platform and channel strategy and integration into campaign activities
- Experience recruiting and leading world-class talent in line with our expectations of rich diversity and inclusivity
- Ensuring we are developing cross-channel campaigns in coordination with channel leads and marketing partners
- Define KPIs strategies and evangelize best practices across Manulife business lines
- Introducing new tactics to be leveraged for campaigns
- Lead campaign reporting to ensure campaigns are optimized and learnings are captured
- Manage, maintain, and evolve the use of our Marketing Automation systems and other related technologies (SMS, etc.)
- Own the integration roadmap of Marketing Automation systems (Marketo and Salesforce Marketing Cloud) with other systems including Salesforce CRM, DOMO, Adobe Experience Cloud, and others
- Manage marketing automation vendor relationships
- Serve as a thought leader across Manulife/John Hancock and lead in global communities of practice outside of our organization to foster innovation in a fast-evolving digital landscape
- Advise and educate editorial and marketing partners on campaign best practices and emerging capabilities
Experience, Skills, And Competencies
- Ability to articulately communicate technical concepts to non-technical partners. You must be both impeccably articulate and empathetic in your communications
- Experience implementing new marketing technologies for a large and/or regulated company
- Experience representing and delivering business outcomes of technology projects
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS
- Self-starter with the organization and time management skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously and to shift priorities according to business needs
- Ability to work quickly and independently while under deadline pressure and follow through on assignment
Qualifications And Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree, MBA Preferred
- 7-10+ years’ experience working with marketing automation platforms, with strong working knowledge with Marketo
- In-depth knowledge of financial services regulations, CAN-SPAM, and marketing data privacy
- Understanding of the broader marketing technology ecosystem and key integration points
- Excellent oral and written English language communication and presentation skills
Great to have (every item from this list is a bonus):
- Strong knowledge of JS, XML, HTML and CSS, or mobile app development.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with tag management systems (DTM, Adobe Launch, Google Tag Manager, Tealium, Ensighten, etc.)
- Experience with digital analytics debugging tools, as well as data layer definition and maintenance
- Hands-on experience creating, maintaining implementation design documents (SDR or similar)
- Adobe Analytics and related Adobe Experience cloud tools expertise
- Member of online subject matter communities such as #measure on slack, stackoverflow, etc.
What motivates you?
- You obsess about customers, listen, engage, and act for their benefit
- You think big, with curiosity to discover ways to use your agile mindset and enable business outcomes
- You thrive in teams, and enjoy getting things done together
- You take ownership and build solutions, focusing on what matters
- You do what is right, work with integrity and speak up
- You share your humanity, helping us build a diverse and inclusive work environment for everyone
This job description does not represent a comprehensive listing of job duties required of the employee performing this role. Manulife reserves the right to change duties or assign additional duties at any time with or without notice.
Every career at Manulife/John Hancock provides the opportunity to learn new skills and move your career forward. Ready to make an impact somewhere? What are you waiting for? Apply today.
About John Hancock And Manulife
John Hancock is a unit of Manulife Financial Corporation, a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife globally, including Canada, Asia and Europe. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. Assets under management and administration by Manulife and its subsidiaries were CAD$1.3 trillion (US$1.1 trillion) as of June 30, 2021. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as MFC on the TSX, NYSE, and PSE, and under 945 on the SEHK. Manulife can be found at manulife.com.
One of the largest life insurers in the United States, John Hancock supports more than 10 million Americans with a broad range of financial products, including life insurance, annuities, investments, 401(k) plans, and education savings plans. Additional information about John Hancock may be found at johnhancock.com.