Position at Everyday Health - Pregnancy & Parenting
Everyday Health Group (EHG)
is a recognized leader in patient and provider education and services attracting an engaged audience of over 74 million health consumers and over 890,000 U.S. practicing physicians and clinicians. Our mission is to drive better clinical and health outcomes through decision-making informed by highly relevant information, data, and analytics. We empower healthcare providers, consumers and payers with trusted content and services delivered through Everyday Health Group’s world-class brands.
Everyday Health Pregnancy & Parenting is looking for a Director, Engagement & Retention Marketing to develop innovative marketing communication and approaches that delight and build retention of our audiences across BabyCenter and What to Expect properties. This leader will shape marketing communication across three key pillars of the overall team: monetization, engagement and product marketing.
The ideal candidate is a creative, innovative thinker, highly collaborative, is passionate about consumers and is obsessed with tracking to engagement and revenue growth goals. They’ll collaborate closely with our product, design, and editorial teams to shape strategy to maximize consumer engagement and retention of users across the journey for our email, web and app properties. Reporting to this role is a Engagement Marketing Manager responsible for strategy and execution of retention and product marketing efforts across BabyCenter and What to Expect’s outbound marketing channels.
- Drive CRM strategy and execution across all user communication channels with a goal of improving engagement and retention.
- Develop messaging strategies that accelerate user engagement across key points in their journey and work with cross-functional counterparts to develop programs and features that facilitate increased user engagement and retention.
- Oversee the strategy and roadmap for segmentation, personalization and automation across email programs.
- Drive marketing programs primarily via email, push and In App messaging that boost monetization of users and extend their retention at key points in their journey.
- Optimize email newsletter experience for user engagement and monetization – including direct sold and programmatic ad opportunities in collaboration with the sales org.
- Develop go-to-market and recurring promotional plans for digital/content products to drive user adoption, loyalty, and monetization potential.
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to hone, socialize, and continually optimize digital product usage against key metrics.
- Write strategic direct response marketing copy and collaborate with product, edit and design to develop compelling product experiences and promotional creative.
- Provide regular reporting and analysis for ongoing marketing programs via a variety of sources – Google Analytics, Email Service provider, Push platform and internal tools.
- Develop optimization recommendations for marketing programs to continually grow key metrics. Construct and execute A/B tests to continually iterate and grow engagement.
- Oversee and develop a marketing manager who drives similar initiatives.
We’re looking for a teammate who is:
- You have deep expertise in consumer messaging and A/B testing to pull from and are eager to test fresh approaches to win the hearts of the pregnancy and parenting audience.
- You're comfortable working with remote, cross-functional teams. You anticipate potential miscommunications and proactively avoid them with clear communication and regular follow-ups.
- Proactive, solutions-oriented, and a self-starter. Next steps aren’t clear? Propose a path forward and rally support.
- Highly organized, can outline a plan and clarify all components to make information clear to a wide set of collaborators.
- Responsive and organized. Consistently meets or beats deadlines.
- A clear communicator. They anticipate the potential for misinterpretations and communicate visually, verbally and in writing in a way that minimizes misunderstandings.
- Persistent and flexible. Can face challenges and address them with a winning attitude.
- People management experience
- Proven track record of managing performance-driven marketing campaigns with CTR and revenue targets
- 10+ years marketing experience
Our Culture and Values
We created our values together to guide our collective purpose and pursuits. We are collaborators and problem solvers. We empower one another to make informed decisions and to be enabled towards action. We embrace success. We recognize that innovation can spark and be born from any of us no matter our individual role or background. We encourage open mindedness and sensitivity to each other and our environment. Our personal and professional passions get ignited, nurtured and supported. We value that doing is greater than talking as the most measurable means of impact. Our collective purpose to deliver enlightened audience experiences with trusted brands is what drives the success of our business and our professional satisfaction.
Life at Everyday Health
At Everyday Health Group, a division of Ziff Davis, we work in a culture of collaboration and welcome those who desire to join our growing global community. We believe in careers versus jobs and people versus employees. We seek enthusiastic individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit looking for an environment that rewards your best work.
Everyday Health offers competitive salaries in addition to robust health and wellness benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and disability benefits, Flexible Spending accounts, 401(k) with company match, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Pregnancy and Parental leave, Family Planning Support via Maven, Flexible Time Off, Volunteer Time Off, Fitness Reimbursement as well as employee-focused engagement and education programs, including Employee Resource Groups and company-sponsored events. If you’re seeking a dynamic, flexible work environment where you can see the direct impact of your performance, then Everyday Health is the place for you. Everyday Health Group has employees located in 38 states as well as offices in NYC, Asheville, London, England and Mumbai, India. This position may be performed anywhere in the Eastern United States except within the City of New York.
Note: Disclosure as required by CO sb19-085 (8-5-20), NYCHRL, and CA SB-1162 and WA SB5761: the salary compensation for this role when being performed in CO, NYC, CA or WA is $120,000 to $140,000. Compensation for this business unit specific role is based on a variety of factors including experience, scope of the role, capabilities to perform the role, as well as business & company performance.
Everyday Health Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees.