Who We Are: SiriusXM and its brands (Pandora,Stitcher, SXM Media, AdsWizz, Simplecast, and SiriusXM ConnectedVehicle Services) are leading a new era of audio entertainment and services by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio entertainment experience for listeners -- in the car, at home, and anywhere on the go with connected devices. Our vision is to shape the future of audio, where everyone can be effortlessly connected to the voices, stories and music they love wherever they are.This is the place where a diverse group of emerging talent and legends alike come to share authentic and purposeful songs, stories, sounds and insights through some of the best programming and technology in the world.Our critically-acclaimed, industry-leading audio entertainment encompasses music, sports, comedy, news, talk, live events, and podcasting. No matter their individual role, each of our employees plays a vital part in bringing SiriusXM’s vision to life every day.
Who We Are
SiriusXM and its brands (Pandora, Stitcher, SXM Media, AdsWizz, Simplecast, and SiriusXM Connected Vehicle Services) are leading a new era of audio entertainment and services by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio entertainment experience for listeners -- in the car, at home, and anywhere on the go with connected devices. Our vision is to shape the future of audio, where everyone can be effortlessly connected to the voices, stories and music they love wherever they are.
This is the place where a diverse group of emerging talent and legends alike come to share authentic and purposeful songs, stories, sounds and insights through some of the best programming and technology in the world. Our critically-acclaimed, industry-leading audio entertainment encompasses music, sports, comedy, news, talk, live events, and podcasting. No matter their individual role, each of our employees plays a vital part in bringing SiriusXM’s vision to life every day.
SiriusXM is the leading audio entertainment company in North America, and the premier programmer and platform for subscription and digital advertising-supported audio products. SiriusXM’s platforms collectively reach approximately 150 million listeners, the largest digital audio audience across paid and free tiers in North America, and deliver music, sports, talk, news, comedy, entertainment and podcasts. Pandora, a subsidiary of SiriusXM, is the largest ad-supported audio entertainment streaming service in the U.S. SiriusXM's subsidiaries Stitcher, Simplecast and AdsWizz make it a leader in podcast hosting, production, distribution, analytics and monetization. The Company’s advertising sales organization, which operates as SXM Media, leverages its scale, cross-platform sales organization and ad tech capabilities to deliver results for audio creators and advertisers. SiriusXM, through Sirius XM Canada Holdings, Inc., also offers satellite radio and audio entertainment in Canada. In addition to its audio entertainment businesses, SiriusXM offers connected vehicle services to automakers.
How You’ll Make An Impact
SiriusXM is seeking a motivated and experienced Director with deep expertise in Email and Marketing Operations to join our Email Operations team.
We are a small and agile team of email experts who oversee the ongoing operational processes, people, systems, and integrations for SiriusXM’s email marketing efforts. We frame all of our work through the tenants of quality, cost and speed.
In addition to day-to-day operations, we are responsible for strategizing, developing, and deploying new marketing and personalization capabilities for our email programs. That includes, but is not limited to: top-of-funnel optimizations, 1:1 personalization, and behavior-based and real-time marketing capabilities.
What You’ll Do
The person in this role will help oversee the day-to-day operations and also lead large projects to further our email marketing and digital capabilities. The ideal candidate will be equal parts – Strategist, Data-Savvy Analyst, Solutions Consultant and Project Manager. This person will regularly navigate a matrixed organization and should quickly demonstrate their expertise in building relationships with other operational and business teams.
- Primary responsibilities will include shared day-to-day oversight of channel health metrics including service level quality, system and integration throughput, alerts, and report monitoring. This person should regularly assess effectiveness of processes and seek opportunities for continual improvement.
- Provide marketing teams with day-to-day strategic support and consultation for marketing initiatives.
- Own the quality metrics for our email production team and oversee the root cause analysis and continuous improvement processes for the email channel.
- Maintain expertise in email marketing by staying abreast of industry developments including best practices, critical shifts in trends and new capabilities.
- Provide leadership on cross-functional projects, exhibiting operational excellence and strong communication skills throughout all team interactions.
What You’ll Need
- 12+ years of combined experience in agency, marketing operations and/or marketing technology roles, with a predominant focus on email marketing.
- Marketing agency background with experience in  production and/or solutions consulting AND  account management (e.g. Group Account Directors, Account Managers, etc.).
- Bachelor's degree with focus on marketing or related field, or equivalent relevant experience.
- Experience effectively navigating a matrixed organization and building strong relationships within and across teams.
- Equally comfortable with creative and production best practices as you are with analyzing large sets of data and distilling insights into meaningful actions.
- Knowledgeable on current best-in-class email technology solutions and prepared to be a champion for innovation in email management, including new technology decisions, email metrics, and process improvements.
- Deep understanding of all aspects of email marketing including business strategy, creative development, deliverability, testing and optimization, database segmentation, data analytics, mobile optimization, CAN-SPAM, and basic HTML coding.
- Deep experience working with/in leading traditional enterprise Email Service Providers (e.g. Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Responsys, Adobe Campaign, etc.).
- Experience and/or a deep understanding of modern Cross-Channel Engagement Providers (e.g. Braze, Iterable, Cordial, etc.).
- Demonstrated successes strategizing, leading, and implementing innovative 1:1 personalization solutions.
- Commitment to “internal client” and customer service principles. You should also have the ability to operate independently and in a collaborative team environment.
- Exhibit strong verbal and written communication skills, public speaking, presentation skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail, time management skills, and an ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a highly fluid, fast-paced environment.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook).
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
Our goal at SiriusXM is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.