Your Role At Sephora
As a Director of Email Marketing, you will be KPI-driven leader responsible for developing the strategy & vision for the Sephora email program, including the testing roadmaps (i.e. targeting, content and timing). Reporting to the Senior Director of Retention Marketing, you will work closely with internal and external partners delivering results that are highly visible and critical to revenue & traffic for Sephora. In addition, you will:
- Lead forecasting and planning to ensure comps and contribution to DotCom & store sales
- Drive/monitor Email performance, and dig into drivers/opportunities/learnings with team
- Lead Email Team to:
- Ensure overall calendar planning hits both Sephora revenue goals while also balancing a holistic view of client touchpoints
- Ensure Product requests are properly prioritized
- Ensure client journey work strategies are actionable
- Ensure testing opportunities are prioritized and executed
- Build strong cross functional relationships with key business partners including Merchants, Promo, Loyalty, CRM, Analytics, Operations and other digital marketing channels to socialize channel strategy, priorities, and goals to ensure cross-functional alignment and effective performance management
- Interpret campaign, channel and client data to inform planning and personalization strategies; socialize actionable hindsights for channel
- Expand personalization through use of segmentation and predictive modeling
- Lead and develop team of ~5 employees with a focus on coaching, developing & retaining high performing talent
- Demonstrate our Sephora values of Passion for Client Service, Innovation, Expertise, Balance, Respect for All, Teamwork, and Initiative.
We’re Excited About You If You Have
- 10+ years of relevant digital marketing experience, including experience in email marketing
- Experience managing channel revenue to meet annual goals and forecasting
- Proven strategic thinking, analytical, data interpretation, and problem-solving skills
- Passion for using data to drive decisions and ensure the best possible experience to Sephora clients
- Familiarity with KPIs and analytical experience to identify key insights (wins, opportunities)
- Strong organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Self-starter with high degree of motivation. Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, plus ability to prioritize most important initiatives for the team
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with business partners at all levels
- Regularly evaluates process and identifies areas for improvements
- Experience coaching & managing multiple direct reports, partnering on development plans
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills to executive level partners
- High proficiency of Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Smartsheets, Adobe Analytics
You’ll Love Working Here Because
- The manifesto. Sephora believes in championing all beauty, living with courage, and standing fearlessly together to celebrate our differences. We will never stop building a community where diversity is expected, self-expression is honored, all are welcomed, and you are included. We belong to something beautiful.
- The people. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams - people you can be proud to work with.
- The product. Employees enjoy a product discount and receive free product (“gratis”) various times throughout the year. (Think your friends and family love you now? Just wait until you work at Sephora!)
- The business. It feels good to win - and Sephora is a leader in the retail industry, defining experiential retail with a digital focus and creating the most loved beauty community in the world…with the awards and accolades to back it up.
- The perks. Sephora offers comprehensive medical benefits, generous vacation/holiday time off, commuter benefits, and “Summer Fridays” (half-days every Friday between Memorial and Labor Day)…and so much more.
- The LVMH family. Sephora’s parent company, LVMH, is one of the largest luxury groups in the world, providing support to over 70 brands such as Louis Vuitton, Celine, Marc Jacobs, and Dior.
Sephora is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. Sephora is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Sephora will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
SEPHORA has been changing the face of prestige cosmetics since its debut in 1970s Paris. Sephora was acquired by luxury group Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton (LVMH) in 1997 then launched stateside in 1998, and is currently home to 200 world-class brands - including its own private label, SEPHORA COLLECTION. Sephora's curated assortment features more than 14,000 products including makeup, skin care, perfume, hair care, body, professional tools and more. Sephora is the beauty education hub, offering consultations at the Beauty Studio, a variety of complimentary classes, one-on-one service from Personal Beauty Advisors, and exclusive retail technology SKINCARE IQ, COLOR IQ, and FRAGRANCE IQ. Sephora is an international force in beauty, and its award-winning website and ever-growing presence on social-media make it the world's premier digital beauty destination.