If you are enthusiastic about education, using your skills and talents to help improve people’s lives, and interested in working on a team of professionals at a globally respected education organization- you’ve found the right place. At Kaplan, we’re passionate about what we do and who we do it for.Unyielding determination to make a difference in people's lives through the power of education- That is Kaplan. For more than 80 years, Kaplan has been a trailblazer in education and professional advancement. We are the intersection of education and technology, providing our students and clients with an experience that not only allows them to achieve their goals, but also ignites lifelong learning. Kaplan’s culture of collaboration, innovation, and creativity truly makes Kaplan a great place to work and positions us to continue to deliver a best-in-class educational experience.The future of education is here and we are eager to work alongside those that want to make a positive impact and inspire change in the world around them.
The Director, Email Marketing develops strategic campaign execution for email/SMS across various products (promotional, reactivation communication strategies as well as triggered and transactional campaigns) with a constant focus on optimization to achieve click-through rate, conversion, and other key engagement goals.
- Streamline current processes and strategy across KNA Exam Test Prep to build a cohesive email/sms program
- Meet with key stakeholders to understand objectives and provide recommendations.
- Develop and oversee communication journeys that improve customer experience and engagement across all aspects of the student/customer lifecycle.
- Develop Marketing strategies, including personalization and dynamic content to maximize KPI and financial goals.
- Oversee email marketing communications deployments (single sends and journeys) through the Salesforce Marketing Cloud email platform to ensure deliverability and deliver on program goals.
- Oversee list segmentation and ensure data extracts for email deployments are accurate. Ensure Test and QA processes for all email deployments are completed regularly and accurately.
- Recommend and oversee testing and optimization plans including subject line testing and other qualitative driven testing methods.
- Recommend and oversee the segmentation strategy, cadence, sequencing, and dynamic content rule/logic for all email.
- Ensure project management processes for the team are being followed for end to end processes in collaboration with internal and external stakeholder partners from campaign planning, testing, and design, to reporting and measuring success through detailed data analysis.
- Oversee all Test Prep reporting and testing analysis and recommendations for improvements
- Coach and mentor a team of email marketers
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree with a focus in Marketing, Communications or Technology
- 7 years + experience managing personalized, dynamic email campaigns
- CRM/Lifecycle marketing experience, including email using Marketing Cloud or similar enterprise email tool
- Strong team management experience to coach and mentor a team of email marketers
- Strong Email and SMS marketing strategy experience with major brands
- HTML/SQL/Ampscript knowledge to segment data and personalize campaigns.
- Experience with marketing automation platforms (Salesforce Marketing Cloud preferred; may include experience with ExactTarget, Adobe Experience Cloud, Marketo, Oracle Eloqua, IBM Watson, etc.)
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, with results-orientation and ability to make data-driven decisions.
- Ability to manage multiple deadline-oriented projects concurrently and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Understands and monitors competitive landscape, provides insight and recommendations to drive the program business forward as best in class.
- Fanatical when it comes to detail. Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high growth organization and will be able to effectively prioritize the most impactful and important work on your plate and deliver on time.
- Self-starter who takes initiative, with the ability to juggle multiple priorities, continuously learn new concepts and innovate.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively share ideas and work with various stakeholders across all company levels, teams, and partners.
We Offer a Competitive Benefits Package Including
- Remote work providing flexible work/life balance
- Comprehensive Retirement Package including 401K company match and two pension programs
- Our Gift of Knowledge Program provides tuition assistance and substantial discounts for our employees and close family members
- Competitive health benefits and new hire eligibility starts day-1 of employment
- Generous Paid Time Off includes paid holidays, vacation, personal, sick paid time-off, plus one (1) volunteer day and one (1) diversity and inclusion day to participate and give back to our local communities
- And so much more!
Salary Range in Category A
Job Functional Area
00091 Kaplan Higher ED
Kaplan is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All positions with Kaplan are paid at least $15 per hour or $31,200 per year for full-time positions. Compensation for specific positions are based on job level, skills, years of experience, and education, among other factors. Additionally, certain positions are bonus or commission eligible.
Individuals hired for KNA positions that require in-person travel and/or interactions must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless otherwise prohibited by law. KNA complies with federal, state, and local laws with regard to accommodations related to this policy.
Diversity & Inclusion Statement
Diversity inspires innovation and growth in the Kaplan community.
Kaplan strives to be a model employer for inclusiveness. Not only does Kaplan value its employees for their professionalism and skills, but also for the unique viewpoints they bring to the Organization. Kaplan's employees bring diverse perspectives, ideas, and backgrounds that give Kaplan a competitive edge in anticipating and exceeding our students' needs in today's global market. Learn more about our culture.