Bringing True Hospitality to the world.
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty and a passion for providing True Hospitality.
We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way.
With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there’s countless opportunities at your fingertips.
We’re growing; grow with us.
Your day to day
Highly proficient designing and implementing complex marketing strategies and development roadmaps using Salesforce Marketing Cloud. Lead the strategy, development, delivery, and optimization of the email marketing team to drive revenue growth and channel effectiveness. This important role will deliver a best-in-class email program by ensuring a strategic balance that optimizes customer experience, a positive brand experience, relevancy, and commercial results.
Create, own and direct the strategic vision and implementation of a customer-first email marketing program in support of business and stakeholder priorities.
- Lead development and delivery of a comprehensive, customer-first email portfolio – including lifecycle, promotional and transactional marketing campaigns – that drives engagement, conversion and lifetime value.
- Serve as the external and internal public face of email expertise, developing IHG’s reputation as an industry leader that drives an effective, data-driven test and learn approach.
- Be the knowledge owner of emerging trends, technologies and applications in the email marketing space – seek out opportunities to apply them for IHG to drive guest/member engagement and revenue.
- Assess and optimize people, process and technology to build and maintain an efficient and effective program.
- Develop a strategic roadmap to deliver a best-in-class email marketing program that delivers relevant, personalized experiences and drives marketing effectiveness.
- Develop, coach and mentor a high functioning team, while ensuring strong relationships cross-functionally.
- Build a service-oriented team culture and mindset, that can balance strategic thought-leadership with delivery and execution for our global brands, earning trust and credibility along the way.
- Solicit and translate marketing requirements into email programs that can be developed more efficiently and effectively through a central team adhering to best practices, leveraging marketing automation where possible.
- Design, development and deliver a global customer contact strategy that fosters engagement and lifetime value.
- Design, deliver and oversee a global email governance process to optimize marketing performance, informed by customer and stakeholder needs as well as commercial priorities.
- Develop and manage IHG’s global email marketing calendar – working with associated teams, especially Campaign Management and BU partners.
- Explore + Develop hotel-level email solutions to make IHG great to do business with and strengthen IHG’s brands.
- Monitor performance and interpret results to offer analytical insights and recommendations for driving effective engagement, conversion, and channel value.
- Partner with IHG’s Creative Services team to deliver best-in-class email marketing and creative.
- Manage vendor partners required to deliver plans, ensuring alignment, consistency, quality, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Partner and work closely with cross-functional partners including Campaign Management, Omni-Channel Marketing, Paid Marketing and Marketing Products while maintaining service level agreements.
What we need from you
- Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Digital, Advertising, Business or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience
- 13+ years progressive work related experience and demonstrated proficiency in email marketing, digital marketing, content marketing, loyalty marketing, communications, preferably in an international business and/or within travel/hospitality industry.
- 5-7 years managing teams and/or significant complex projects
- Client and agency experience preferred
Technical Skills & Knowledge
- Demonstrated knowledge of the email marketing landscape, principles, and industry best practices – including global data privacy laws
- An understanding of marketing automation principles and a knowledge of how to translate these into marketing efficiency and effectiveness
- Demonstrated proficiency in interpreting marketing program results, identifying cause/effect trends in executions and adapting best practices into future campaigns
- Creative problem solver that can frame issues effectively for the executive audience
- Must possess superior problem-solving skills combined with team facilitation skills
- Experience engaging and influencing cross-functional working partnerships in a global organization
- Experience working within a complex business with a range of senior stakeholders having different needs
- Diplomacy and empathy to navigate artfully occasional competing/conflicting stakeholder agendas
- Strong decision making, influencing/consensus building and analytical skills with clear understanding of impact on IHG revenue goals and bottom-line
- Ability to develop and present data-driven recommendations successfully, promote items persuasively, and shape the opinions of others
- Ability to prioritize work based on alignment to broader IHG commercial objectives
- Strong project management skills to juggle multiple projects often having tight deadlines
- Strong leadership, team building, interpersonal and above-average communication skills
- Ability to maintain a service-oriented team culture and mindset, that delivers consistent, high quality work for IHG’s complex stakeholder group.
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing, and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual's, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
IHG is committed to promoting a culture of inclusion where everyone feels safe, respected and valued. We seek talent from all backgrounds to join our teams and encourage our colleagues to bring their authentic and best selves to work.