The Director, Email Marketing / Customer Engagement and Retention develops, executes, and scales a robust customer personalization, automation, and audience targeting strategy across email, SMS, and digital marketing channels delivering growth in customer retention, engagement, product category depth, and sales value over the entire customer journey.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Own the development, execution, and evolution of highly personalized email and SMS content and messaging across the customer lifecycle including browsing, buying, learning, and using.
- Lead audience segmentation strategy, leverage predictive modeling resources, and automation solutions to configure and implement personalized content through email, SMS, and digital channels.
- Collaborate with the Director, Marketing Technology to identify, implement, and optimize systems that power personalized communications at scale
- Partner with Sr. Director, Marketing Strategy to identify targeting opportunities in the paid digital space.
- Lead, manage, and elevate our talented email marketing team. Stay abreast of current trends, key new capabilities, create efficiencies, and ensure the highest levels of team engagement and growth.
- Develop and ensure achievement of team-wide goals of stronger personalization, engagement, and retention across the entire customer journey.
- Own hands-on development and execution of email and SMS marketing campaigns including content strategy, personalization elements, assets, customer segmentation, list management, testing, and backend analytics.
- Lead and own campaign performance measures, deliver insightful learnings, lead dashboard development and executive summaries with recommendations that continuously improve customer engagement in the email and SMS programs.
- Maximize email and SMS channel performance across list growth and hygiene, delivery, open rate, engagement, and sales conversion.
- Assist the team in executing email journeys in Oracle/Responsys, configuring automation rules, segmentation, personalized content, and multi-touch campaigns.
- Deliver high ROI and program acceleration from vendor partnerships. Manage vendor account reviews supporting our retention programs (Responsys, Dynamic Yield, Wonderkind, Moveable Ink, Merkle, etc.) to fully leverage emerging capabilities.
Requirements – Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Marketing, Math or related field; MBA preferred
- 10+ years hands-on experience building, automating, and scaling personalized one-to-one email and SMS communications.
- 5+ years of experience leading an email marketing team.
- Expert knowledge of personalization technology and capabilities at scale.
- Expert knowledge of CRM, ESP, DAM and Customer Data Platforms
- Experience with tag management platforms
- Deep experience with identity resolution solutions
- Expert knowledge of consumer privacy regulations
- Excellent team leadership, planning, and execution skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to coach and a lead a high performing team
About Harbor Freight Tools
In 1977, Harbor Freight Tools was started as a small family-owned business. We made a commitment to provide working people with great quality tools at the lowest prices. And for over 43 years, Harbor Freight Tools has done just that. From hand tools and generators, to air and power tools, from shop equipment to automotive tools, Harbor Freight offers more than 5,000 tools and accessories at quality levels that match or exceed competing brands, but at prices that are up to 80% less. All while developing and launching over 1,000 new tools each year.
We're not your typical retailer. We're a team of high-achievers, who have a passion for excellence and continuous improvement and obsess about getting things done. We're also equally committed to doing the right thing and giving back to our community. And for us, collaboration is the golden rule. We're a 44-year-old, $6 billion company with over 1,200 stores, opening 2-3 new stores a week with over 40 million loyal customers and growing. If you are looking for a not so ordinary and highly rewarding career opportunity, we would love to talk with you.
Delivering Value to the Hardworking Since 1977.