Who We Are: Guthy-Renker is a team of thought partners and creators, inventors and innovators with more than 30 years of product development, branding and marketing success with names you know and trust, delivering beauty you can believe in. We are all about supercharging start-ups and scaling brands and drive and take pride in every stage of development from idea to inception to omni-channel roll out.
Our mission—to change how you look, feel and live—is more than a purpose, it’s our call to action.
General Summary:A unique opportunity to learn from the best in the subscription and D2C space! Guthy Renker is looking for a passionate go-getter, who can take lead and be responsible for developing and executing strategy that will capitalize every visitor generated from our paid media sources. Partnering with other marketing and eCommerce stakeholders, this role will take lead specifically to drive email, SMS, SEO and cross-channel marketing along the user journey (leads, current and lapsed customers) to improve customer satisfaction, LTV (retention, reorder, upsell, AOV).
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops, executes, tracks, and optimizes performance for lead capture, email and SMS (and related channel) marketing campaigns to our current customer file.
- Drive SEO strategy for the brands and own Google properties for all the brands such as Search Console, Google Analytics
- Creates and manages win back and cross brand strategy email and SMS marketing campaigns for our lapsed customer file.
- Increases customer LTV through effective email and multi-channel marketing campaigns, including continuous A/B testing and leveraging of industry/competitive trends and best practices.
- Is primary liaison/business owner for all current customer email and SMS marketing efforts, including to: our ESPs, internal and external creative teams, other technology vendors, and internal GR stakeholders (Brand, Legal, MP&A, Executive team, etc.).
- Owns tracking and reporting of key performance metrics for current customer email marketing. Works with BI, Analytics, Finance and ESP to identify new reporting needs and leverage data to find and capitalize on opportunities for improved performance.
- Manages additional campaigns to current customer file to support other key business objectives, such as generating customer product reviews, driving adoption of online self-service, and providing assistance as needed for social media, retail, home shipping, e-tail and other channels.
- Along with the rest of the CMM team, is responsible for understanding and optimizing customer lifecycle, CRM, segmentation and managing customer database of 1MM active members.
- Owner of budgeting and forecasting for the Customer Marketing department, including the process of invoicing between vendors and the Finance Department
- Develops strategy behind new brand and product line launches across email and SMS channels from start to finish, including back end transactional set up to onboarding review solicitation
- Leads and mentors 1 direct report
Experience and Skills:
- 7+ years experience in progressive roles in marketing.
- Deep hands-on expertise with direct email marketing best practices, A/B and multivariate testing, applicable privacy laws, industry trends, supporting technologies (e.g., ESPs, customer databases), and related disciplines (e.g., website, mobile, search marketing, social media, online product reviews).
- Experience with direct marketing consumer beauty and health products.
- Experience with subscription/membership business models strongly preferred.
- Proven aptitude for strategizing and crafting customer-facing communications and messaging.
- Experiencing managing at least 1 direct report
- Highly analytical and data-driven approach, with a strong focus on testing to optimize results.
- Familiarity with HTML/CSS
- Ability to drive positive change in collaboration with other teams and vendors through effective relationship-building and leadership.
Environmental, Psychological and Physiological Requirements:
- The work will be performed inside a multi-story office building with elevators and stairs.
- The person must be able to remain in a stationary position for up to 50% of the time.
- Occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery and conference rooms.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery such as a copy machine, printer and calculator
- Frequently communicates with employees who have inquiries.
- Ability to learn technical material and apply the knowledge to their work.
Guthy|Renker provides competitive salary and benefits along with a beautiful work environment.
We offer weekly breakfast and happy hour, as well as many fun events for employees.
Guthy|Renker is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.