Carter's, Inc. is the largest branded marketer in North America of apparel exclusively for babies and young children. The Company owns the Carter's and OshKosh B'gosh brands, two of the most recognized brands in the marketplace. These brands are sold in leading department stores, national chains, and specialty retailers domestically and internationally. They are also sold through more than 1,000 Company-operated stores in the United States, Canada, and Mexico and online at www.carters.com, www.oshkosh.com, and www.cartersoshkosh.ca. The Company's Just One You and Genuine Kids brands are available at Target, its Child of Mine brand is available at Walmart, and its Simple Joys brand is available on Amazon. The Company also owns Skip Hop, a global lifestyle brand for families with young children. Carter's is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. Additional information may be found at www.carters.com.
This role is responsible for leading and developing a team to effectively advance our email marketing program. This role will lead the overall strategic direction as well as everyday deployment tactics to deliver best-in-class email marketing experiences.
The Director of Email Marketing will continually leverage customer insights to further improve email acquisition, segmentation, personalization, re-engagement and automation tactics.
This leader will be responsible for developing and retaining a highly specialized team of marketers that are responsible for driving traffic and sales for our retail division. Collaboration across the organization is critical to the success of this role and they will work closely with many teams including: Creative, Ecommerce, Development, CRM, Merchandising, and Analytics.
This individual will be responsible for leading the marketing technology roadmap for the channel. They will work to ensure that all current technology is being maximized along with staying abreast of upcoming trends and new technology enablements. They will partner with other functions within Marketing, as well as IT, on the technology needs that will benefit and grow the email program.
Email Marketing Strategy - 50%
- Develop strategic, integrated marketing plans and programs that align with the organizations goals: drive in-store & online traffic and sales, drive brand affinity and retail growth thru email touch points and 1:1 communications
- Ensure plans are robust and capable of delivering required sales and traffic for the organization, while balancing circulation, frequency and audience to drive channel
- Lead daily email touchpoint strategy for Carters, OKBG & SkipHop brands for both US and Canadian market.
- Partner with CRM team to lead strategic direction towards a more personalized experience for each Carters customer in order to drive repeat sales and customer loyalty; drive an audience fist mentality throughout the organization
- Incorporate personalization, segmentation and relevancy into the program in a way that drives higher engagement and long-term LTV
- Develop and execute a rigorous testing agenda for the channel to continuously improve performance, focused on customer engagement, traffic and sales
- Identify opportunities to develop trigger touchpoints to further drive 1:1 communication at a customer level
- Work closely with IT to evaluate current marketing technologies, understand the technology needs of the future, and develop a roadmap for how to utilize technology to enable increased customer retention
Content, Execution and Deployment - 25%
- Develop content strategies based on audience and cadence; work with in-house creative to develop assets
- Oversee creation of briefs for 40+ emails per week across all brands
- Actively participate in creative reviews to ensure creative delivers on brief requirements, will drive engagement, is right for the audience and aligns with email best practices
- Responsible for email deliverability across all brands, including Skip Hop & Canada
- Partner with site Merchandising team to understand customer journey for a given email, ensuring destinations provide for a good experience and drive conversion
- Utilize an email marketing tech stack including Moveable Ink, Return Path & Salesforce to drive optimizations and more personalized contacts
- Ensure Marketing Operations Team builds, schedules and deploys flawless campaigns through the SalesForce Marketing Cloud
Reporting and Analysis - 25%
- Relentlessly monitor program performance of each program to understand health of the file, strength of segments and overall program health
- Utilize Web Analytics, Return Path & Salesforce (ESP) to pull KPIs into weekly reporting and dashboards to socialize with key stakeholders
- Leverage CRM data to further understand audience performance
- Identify research and analytics methodologies to ensure key metrics are tracked using industry best practices
- Through deep analysis, identify opportunities for program enhancements and audience strategies
- Manage budget and forecasting process
- Mentor marketing team members and guide them in the development of effective programs
- Establish performance goals and provide on-going feedback, coaching, and development to enhance the team's performance and capability
Experience and Skills
- Must have previous successful experience with:
- Leading and growing a strategic email program with a high level of accuracy in project deployment, tracking email schedules, and success metrics
- Recognizing potential business issues, and communicating proactively to team and cross functional partners and drive to solution
- Coordinating cross-functional team efforts through projects in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to easily navigate and drive consensus through influence in a highly matrixed environment while building cross functional relationships (both internal and external)
- Must be able to effectively lead multiple programs and competing priorities and deliver results while leading future strategy
- Strong written, verbal, and communication skills required
- Superior project management and organizational skills required
- 10+ years successful Email Marketing experience required, ideally in a fast-paced, high-volume retail environment; at least 5 years at the Manager/ Sr. Manager level with experience leading a team driving multiple programs and initiatives
- 2+ years of experience with the MarTech that drives email personalization required
- 3+ years of Experience with website/digital analytic platforms such as Adobe or Coremetrics highly preferred
- Experience working in SalesForce Marketing highly preferred
- Comprehensive understanding of how to leverage CRM data in an email program preferred
- Bachelors degree required
- Standard office environment
- Located in our Buckhead, Atlanta office
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.