Astound Broadband seeks an experienced, driven, and result-oriented Director, Email Marketing.
The position reports to Sr. Director, Digital Marketing. As a member of a greater Digital Marketing team, the role will work with corporate marketing and cross-departmental teams to:
· Deliver enterprise level email marketing program to both consumer and business solutions brands
· Lead a team of email marketing professionals for delivery of high volume program with precision
· Devise database architecture, marketing automation and holistic program engineering
· Run complex, enterprise level data integration and systems migration projects
· Oversee entire program – daily, campaigns, testing, technology/operations and full scale touchpoint programs
· Run analytics and reporting to deliver program insights, innovation and strong omni-channel alignment
Director, Email Marketing, will lead the Email Marketing Discipline on a national and regional levels, including B2C and B2B, and will be responsible for strategic and tactical execution of email marketing programs. Keys to success in this role are an ability to analyze existing programs and improve their performance, as well as devise, build and launch new programs, layering in the industry’s best practices and benchmarks and specific goals and objective.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience (8+ years) in developing and implementing email-only and multi-channel marketing programs for a national brand, general Digital Marketing experience, and in-depth/hands-on experience with MarTech, Marketing Automation and Personalization, and Data Integration.
DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Run the Email Marketing discipline across the company by evolving the discipline on an enterprise level via standardization and stronger data integrations
· Lead and mentor a team of email marketers: coaching, associate development, internal & external team management, running processes/procedures, budgets and reporting
· Deliver excellence in perfect, on-time delivery of all drops, large scale projects and seamless holistic marketing campaigns
· Originate and execute short- and long-term strategic initiatives, partnering with local and corporate marketing teams, B2C and B2B, as well as cross-departmental teams, such as Customer Care, IT, and Outbound Sales, etc.
· Run teams, vendors and budgets with fiscal responsibility while driving innovation.
· Act as a seasoned consultant/architect on the customer lifecycle marketing with emphasis on email and SMS lanes.
· Support direct reports to: take in and understand business requirements, including audiences/segmentations, data feeds, workflow rules and logic, and translate those into marketing automation programs end-to-end.
· Develop testing strategies and reporting, proactively monitoring and analyzing program/campaign performance and key email metrics to identify and implement opportunities for continuous campaign optimization, as well as codifying the best practices.
· Lead wide-scale, complex systems and database projects with excellence in project management for technical change: migrations, automations, program architecture and more.
· Stay current with email best practices, strategies, and industry standards. Ensure email compliance and spam regulation (CAN-SPAM, CCPA)
· Based on data and Industry’s best practices and benchmarks, educate and recommend optimal solutions to stakeholders, as well as challenge status quo.
REQUIRED REQUIREMENS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
· Bachelor’s degree required. Major in Marketing, Digital Marketing, Computer Science, or Business.
· Master’s Degree in Business (MBA) or PMI certification strongly preferred.
· Minimum 8-12 years’ of experience at a medium- to large national brand in an Email Marketing-specific role with a proven track record of success.
· Minimum 5 years’ of experience leading high-performing teams, mentoring, and training others in email marketing best practices and platforms.
· Must have in-depth knowledge of email marketing and marketing automation platforms required (Eloqua, Responsys, Validity, Litmus, etc.)
· Must have experience in customer lifecycle development/management (CLM) and DX.
· Strong knowledge of database architecture, database management, data integrations (API Calls), SQL, and/or similar queries for segmentation and data analysis.
· Experience leading Email Marketing departments while working cross teams/departments for excellence in omni-channel marketing.
· Experience running operations of Email Marketing discipline: technical management, operational support and IT liaison for large-scale companies.
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills, the ability to identify areas of improvement and proactively propose system and process improvements
· Knowledge of email marketing best practices and benchmarks, as well as deployment, testing, deliverability, performance analysis, CAN-SPAM laws, and database hygiene
· Demonstrated ability to lead teams in highly fluid, fast-paced environments; leading with positive and entrepreneurial spirit.
· Strong project management, time management, and communications skills
· Proven leadership and organizational skills. Must be comfortable with executive level communications/presentation ability.
· Knowledge of Statistics and Data-Visualization Software (Tableau) preferred
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills and extreme attention to detail
· Experience in telecommunications or mobile is preferred.
Astound Broadband is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace, support, and thrive on each other’s differences to maximize the experience of our teammates and our community. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.