Every day, millions of people rely on WeTransfer to share their creative ideas.
Having made its name in the game of quick and simple file-sharing, WeTransfer has grown into an end-to-end suite of digital solutions with more than 87 million monthly active users in 190 countries. Beyond the WeTransfer.com platform, we have the storytelling platform WePresent, quick slide-making tool Paste, immersive sketching app Paper, and inspiration-capturing tool Collect. We design and deliver delightful experiences that continue to feel obvious and intuitive to millions of people—from our moms to your favorite artists. As a certified B-Corp, WeTransfer aims to be a sustainable and responsible tech company, balancing people, planet, and profit
So, the work we do matters. Come and be a part of it.
WeTransfer is looking for a Director, Email & CRM to develop a best-in-class email marketing program designed to engage, upgrade and retain our free & paid customer base, driving critical incremental revenue channels for the business. Reporting to the VP, Growth & Performance Marketing you’ll be an expert at developing email strategies designed to nurture customers through the funnel and will be passionate about data - for testing campaigns and for delivering targeted and personalized experiences to our customers. You’ll be managing a small team of email marketers and designers who’ll be looking to your expertise to further develop their skills and capabilities.
The ideal candidate will be highly data-driven and revenue focused with a passion for testing and learning on every campaign they launch. You’ll be equal parts strategic and operational as you’ll be responsible for delivering on clearly defined targets for your channel, but you’ll be looked to as the subject matter expert to help develop the plan on how we get there. You’ll have deep expertise in email strategy, audience segmentation and lifecycle marketing, which you’ll bring to this role to support the development of the channel & delivering on the company goals.
Success in the role will require a high level of collaboration with cross-functional teams and stakeholders, particularly Product, Product Marketing, Business Performance/Data Analytics, and Creative, in addition to all marketing channel leads. This person needs to feel comfortable providing regular reporting & recommendations to these teams, as well as the marketing team at large. This person should thrive in fast-paced environments and be comfortable at an agile company with a global footprint.
What you’ll do:
- Email Marketing Strategy: Develop a robust email marketing strategy that ladders up to the marketing team and broader organizational KPIs & goals, and showcases how email can play a leading role in nurturing customers through their lifecycle toward upgrade and retention. This will include development of a thorough testing plan providing in-depth insights into campaign performance and areas of opportunity for continuous improvement and new program development.
- CRM Strategy & Database Health: Working with the Data & Analytics team you’ll develop a strategy for leveraging our newly implemented Customer Data Platform (CDP) for delivering timely, relevant and personalized experiences to our customers. You’ll be the strategic lead for segmentation design and implementation into the channel, as well as maintaining a clean database that upholds all GDPR and privacy best practices.
- Lifecycle Marketing & Growth: You’ll design, develop and implement welcome and onboarding experiences that pair with in-product experiences to drive repeat utilization from customers and push towards upgrades to their subscription (for example, from free to Pro or monthly to yearly commitments).
- Customer Retention & Growth: Partnering with Customer Insights and Product Marketing, you’ll identify key inflection points within the customer lifecycle where email can play a role at educating customers on benefits of a paid subscription and you’ll design and deliver experiences that drive these behaviors.
- Customer Insights: Partnering with our Customer Insights team, provide strategic development to email demand generation and nurturing programs for efficient and effective campaign targeting including buyer personas, customer journey and intent-based insights.
- Email Localization: This role requires you to think globally and act locally, meaning that you will need to think about how our emails translate across different locales. Partnering with Technology & Product and our translation agencies (including Smartling), you will create the process to improve our localization across geographies and key customer segments to grow sessions & subscriptions.
- Analytics, Reporting & Infrastructure: You’ll partner with the Business Performance/Data Analytics, Data Engineering and Product teams on continuing to build out the email marketing reporting infrastructure to showcase the role the channel plays in the customer lifecycle and support its growth into new campaigns and lifecycle programs. As the champion for the channel, you will be responsible for articulating requirements of Product and Engineering teams to ensure the team’s requirements are represented on their roadmaps.
- Team Management: You’ll be an experienced leader who enjoys working with and developing junior talent and nurturing their growth. You’ll jump at the opportunity to build a program and design goals and targets which align with company OKRs, down to individual contributions and you’ll support your team in showcasing how their work moves the business forward.
What you’ll bring:
- 8+ years of experience in marketing with a focus on Email, CRM and Lifecycle marketing. Added bonus if you’ve worked in App and/or SMS marketing.
- Strong expertise in marketing automation platforms including; SFMC, Marketo, Iterable and/or Adobe and management of email and app notification platforms
- Strong expertise in CRM and audience segmentation, experience using a CDP including; Segment, Treasure Data, Salesforce or ActionIQ.
- Proven track record of developing email marketing strategy, managing systems and processes
- Strong experience with A/B testing, testing methodologies and experimentation. Makes data-driven decisions with a focus on testing, optimization and continuous improvement
- Strong project management skills, including running several projects simultaneously
- Ability to clearly communicate & report updates to cross-functional teams and Sr. Management
- Demonstrated ability to influence senior level leaders regarding what will improve channel performance or output
- Thorough understanding and hands-on experience working within Tableau, Google Analytics, our internal attribution model and other digital marketing reporting tools
- Experience in people management of either contractors or FTEs in previous role is a plus
- Previous experience in a tech or SaaS marketing role a plus
- BA degree in Marketing, Communications or Business
WeTransfer is an equal opportunity employer and we pride ourselves on the diversity of our people. We welcome you, and everything that makes you—well, you. That includes your gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, or disability status.
A note on remote
Our work environment is hybrid-remote, meaning that we support our employees to work remotely and in the office. We encourage employees to decide for themselves and with their team whether or when to go to the office.
While it is not necessarily a determining or disqualifying factor for any role, you may be required to complete a standard employment background screening.