We are seeking a Director of Email Marketing & CRM to join our Atlanta based Apartments.com Marketing team. As Director, you will have overall responsibility for leading the B2C and B2B Email Marketing strategies and programs for Apartments.com digital properties. You will lead development of a comprehensive lifecycle strategy to drive consumer and client acquisition, engagement, upsell and retention, and be responsible for growing our marketing automation capabilities and expanding our consumer and client database. This role spans strategy and planning; creative development and production; testing, execution, and reporting and analytics.
Email Marketing Strategy – 30%
- Develop strategic, integrated marketing plans and programs that align with the organization’s goals: drive online traffic and leads, drive brand affinity and top of mind awareness thru email touch points and 1:1 communication.
- Lead daily email touchpoint strategy for Apartments.com, ForRent.com, ApartmentFinder.com and the other brands in our network.
- Incorporate personalization, segmentation and relevancy into the email program to drive higher engagement and future re-engagement.
- Develop and execute a rigorous testing agenda to continuously improve performance, focused on customer engagement, traffic and leads.
- Utilize and expand an email marketing tech stack that includes Return Path & Salesforce to drive optimizations and more personalized contacts.
- Maintain current subscriber list and develop strategies to increase list size.
Content, Execution and Deployment - 20%
- Develop content strategies based on audience and cadence; work with in-house creative team to develop assets
- Actively participate in creative reviews to ensure creative delivers on brief requirements, will drive engagement, is right for the audience and aligns with email best practices.
- Work with the content team to develop strategies to continue communicating with audiences that are no longer in-market for a rental but will be in the future.
- Responsible for email deliverability across brands, including Apartments.com, ForRent.com, ApartmentFinder.com and the other brands within the network portfolio.
- Ensure Email Marketing team builds, schedules and deploys flawless campaigns through Salesforce.
- Troubleshoot performance issues and work with Salesforce support and internal teams to correct.
B2B Demand Generation - 20%
- Collaborate with the B2B marketing team to build customer journeys that drive engagement and sales conversions. Identify new opportunities to support business goals.
- Own B2B email marketing strategy in Pardot. Manage the set-up of one-time and automated email campaigns, content and message optimization, list segmentation, deployment, and reporting.
- Provide support for promotions, conferences/events, and other initiatives developed by the B2B marketing team.
Reporting and Analysis - 15%
- Monitor program performance of each program to understand health of the file, strength of segments and overall program health.
- Utilize Google Analytics, Return Path & Salesforce (Marketing Cloud, Pardot and Datorama) to pull KPIs into weekly and monthly reporting and dashboards to socialize with key stakeholders.
- Leverage CRM data to further understand audience performance.
- Identify opportunities for program enhancements and audience strategies.
Team Leadership & Management - 15%
- Mentor team members and guide them in the development of effective programs.
- Point person for and face of the email marketing team and program.
- Lead email program center of excellence using best practices, and strong knowledge of new technologies & trends
- Establish performance goals and provide on-going feedback, coaching, and development to enhance the team's performance and capability.
- Manage annual and monthly budget and forecasting process.
Skills & Requirements
- Must have previous successful experience with:
- Leading and growing a strategic email program with a high level of accuracy in project deployment, tracking email schedules, and success metrics
- Recognizing potential business issues and communicating proactively to team and cross functional partners and drive to solution
- Must be able to easily navigate and drive consensus through influence in a matrixed environment while building cross functional relationships (both internal and external)
- Effectively lead multiple programs and competing priorities and deliver results while driving future strategy
- Strong written, verbal, and communication skills, required
- Superior project management and organizational skills, required
- Experience with Marketing Technology and automation that drives email personalization, highly preferred
- Experience with Marketing Databases, highly preferred
- Experience working in Salesforce Marketing Cloud, highly preferred
- Experience working in Salesforce Pardot, highly preferred
- HTML/CSS and SQL skills, highly preferred
- Comprehensive understanding of how to leverage CRM data in an email program, preferred
- 7+ years successful Email Marketing experience required, ideally in a fast-paced, large brand environment
- 4+ years of Experience with analytics platforms such as Google Analytics
- Bachelor’s degree, required
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing