As a Director, Email Mail Operations you will have P&L responsibility for managing a high-volume email marketing business line. Leading the Content Team and the Mail Operations Team, you will be responsible for understanding our capacity, improving our capacity, and optimizing it every day. In this role, you will be responsible for the performance of daily campaigns and managing people to do the same, throughout the day.
This role is currently remote but will move to a hybrid schedule later in 2021.
Daily, your focus will be effectively managing the people & processes of email operations. You will be responsible for employee's professional development, workload, and output. You will own and direct key business processes and will work across the organization to increase automation, integration, and standardization. You have a deep understanding of email marketing KPIs and how to interpret them to lead optimization efforts.
Success in this role is based on attention to detail, a natural curiosity to seek out outliers in a process, and a desire to really get to the bottom of something. This role managers other people, and so confident and collaborative communication skills are helpful.
- Management and execution of high volume email marketing campaigns
- Deep understanding of email marketing KPIs so you can direct others to solve issues in real-time
- Oversees content sourcing, quality & testing to drive revenue
- Coordinate with Engineering to test various growth strategies
- Coordinate the effort of and manage the people on a variety of teams to optimize capacity
- 2+ years reporting to a CXO or other senior executive
- Experience with email marketing - as an affiliate marketer, ESP operations, or in first-party high volume mail all ok
- 4+ years of experience managing an email marketing operations team, in an ESP, affiliate marketing, or performance-minded environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in this field
- Proficient in modern productivity software such as Google Sheets, Excel & G Suite
- Deep understanding of email marketing technical infrastructure, including domain and IP management
- Ability to take on nights & weekend pager duty, as scheduled
Encortex is a data intelligence agency based in Boston. We leverage cutting-edge quantitative analysis to help blue-chip firms improve how they collect, protect, and monetize data. Our team is a small, ambitious, and diverse group of analysts, data engineers, software engineers, and digital marketers. The Encortex team thrives on transparent communication and seriously powerful analytics. At Encortex, you will benefit from interacting with a small team of super interesting people. You will learn how to solve problems in a community of problem solvers. We appreciate the value of failing fast, transparent and honest communication, and working together as a team.
You are a curious individual who adapts to new environments and is comfortable with change. You believe in iterative progress, failing fast, and working through issues - alone and with others - until they are completely solved. You expect to contribute to your team's success, but also to the larger Encortex community. You appreciate and reflect our core values of Precision, Curiosity, Honesty, Responsibility, Fun & Respect.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Medical Reimbursement Account - Company Funded at 100%
Generous PTO and paid holidays
401(k) with 3% fully vested company contribution
$1,000 stipend to set up a home office
Monthly personal development stipend
Commuter & Parking FSA - Company Funded at 100%
Workbar Membership - work from any Workbar if you are tired of your kitchen table!
Encortex, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.