SiriusXM is the leading audio entertainment company in North America, and the premier programmer and platform for subscription and digital advertising-supported audio products. SiriusXM’s platforms collectively reach approximately 150 million listeners, the largest digital audio audience across paid and free tiers in North America, and deliver music, sports, talk, news, comedy, entertainment and podcasts. Pandora, a subsidiary of SiriusXM, is the largest ad-supported audio entertainment streaming service in the U.S. SiriusXM's subsidiaries Stitcher, Simplecast and AdsWizz make it a leader in podcast hosting, production, distribution, analytics and monetization. The Company’s advertising sales organization, which operates as SXM Media, leverages its scale, cross-platform sales organization and ad tech capabilities to deliver results for audio creators and advertisers. SiriusXM, through Sirius XM Canada Holdings, Inc., also offers satellite radio and audio entertainment in Canada. In addition to its audio entertainment businesses, SiriusXM offers connected vehicle services to automakers.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE AN IMPACT:
SiriusXM is seeking a self-motivated, passionate and agile Director with a focus on Email and Mobile Marketing to join our rapidly growing “Channel Marketing Group”.
We are a team of Channel Specialists that provide expertise in direct response marketing. We know the right people, process and tools needed to yield the best response within a marketing channel (e.g. Email, Mobile, Contact Center, etc).
Our group is responsible for supporting various lines of businesses (i.e. internal clients) with acquiring, engaging, retaining and winning back customers. This includes executing marketing communications, enabling speed to market and improving response and other business KPIs.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
The person in this role will lead a large team of junior email and digital marketers, as they support our “digital subscription” and “satellite retention” business units. The ideal candidate will be equal parts – Strategist, Marketing Advisor and Project Manager. They will be responsible for supporting the development and execution of email and digital strategies across various stages of the customer journey (i.e. acquisition, retention and more). You’ll have the opportunity to build something from the ground up, truly own your craft and lead high profile initiatives with high leadership visibility. It’s an exciting time to join our team!
- Primary responsibilities will focus on executing day-to-day digital and satellite campaigns (i.e. Email, Mobile, Direct Mail, Inbound/Outbound Contact Center and more) to improve key engagement and sales metrics.
- Provide the business units with day-to-day strategic support and consultation for various direct response initiatives across multiple channels.
- Serve as liaison between channel leads and cross-functional teams (i.e. Creative Services, Brand, Legal, Digital Experience, Campaign Operations, Programming & Analytics) to support campaign development and execution.
- Facilitate the end-to-end creative development process. From writing briefs that are based on data driven best practices and channel insights to evaluating creative and giving appropriate feedback to support its development.
- Monitor performance and share learnings: The role will also be accountable for monitoring the health of their campaigns. This person will have a proven history of data-driven decision making and a deep understanding cross-channel analytics. They will be adept at analyzing performance reports and communicating findings and insights to other channels.
- Guide, mentor and motivate 7+ direct reports. Providing them with a strong sense of ownership, while also supporting them with project management and coordination of all tactical activities throughout a project lifecycle.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 12+ years of direct response marketing experience in a digital, Mobile and/or email channel.
- Strongly prefer candidates with a marketing agency background in “Account Management” (i.e. Group Account Directors, VP of Client Services, etc).
- Bachelor's degree with focus on marketing or related field, or equivalent, relevant experience.
- Leadership Skills: You’re a people manager who has experience leading large teams. You’re someone that has a clear vision and strategy for your org. You know how to effectively communicate department goals to your team, as well as motivate and support your people in meeting those objectives. You always put your people first – you listen, inspire and coach.
- Entrepreneurial: You’re a self-starter who gets excited at the chance to run initiatives end-to-end with full ownership and autonomy. You have no problem getting down in the weeds but can also pivot to be strategic and provide thought leadership support.
- Results-Oriented: You are someone that drives outcomes with a demonstrated track record for improving results in business performance. You take a focused approach towards action and rapid testing. You know how to extract learnings from both wins and losses.
- Analytical & Intensely Curious: You have a strong aptitude for data and reporting. You are familiar with and embrace tools of the trade including Tableau or similar BI platforms (i.e. Adobe reporting, Google Analytics, etc.). You are constantly analyzing all available data. You’re always building a roadmap of hypotheses and experiments to test to improve results for the business.
- You’re a Facilitator: You are acutely aware of all the moving pieces necessary to build campaigns and can collaborate with other groups to execute.
- You have a creative streak: A keen eye for top performing creative and the ability to work with multiple stakeholders and design and copywriting teams to develop best in class creative executions.
- Exhibit strong verbal and written communication skills, public speaking, presentation skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail, time management skills, and an ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a highly fluid, fast-paced environment.
- Commitment to “internal client” and customer service principles. You should also have the ability to operate independently and in a collaborative team environment.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook).
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
Our goal at SiriusXM is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.