Serving the needs of all families with young children,
Carter’s Inc. is the largest North American apparel retailer exclusively for babies and young children, encompassing Carter’s, OshKosh B’gosh, Skip*Hop and Little Planet brands. Meaningful work, constant learning, genuine people, and a community guided by core values that promote inclusion and innovation is in everything we do. There are many reasons to build your career at Carter's.
Essential Job Functions
This Director role is responsible for leading the email and mobile communications global strategy and execution for all Carter’s email, text, and mobile push notification channels. The individual will be accountable to company revenue and traffic goals by channels, along with a commitment to delivering on key company strategic priorities.
This individual will build a program that leverages innovative technology and operations to improve personalization, marketing automation, and best-in-class customer experiences. They will work to ensure that all current technology is being maximized along with staying abreast of upcoming trends and new technology enablement & integration.
This leader will be responsible for recruiting, developing and retaining a highly specialized team of marketers that are accountable for driving traffic and sales. Collaboration across the organization is critical to the success of this role, and they will work closely with many teams including Creative, Ecommerce, IT, UX, CRM, Merchandising, and Analytics.
The Director will own the analytics and reporting surrounding key KPIs of database growth, sales, engagement, and customer retention as well maintain the reputation of our brand across customers, employees, and vendors.
Global Email & Mobile Communications Strategy - 50%
- Develop strategic channel strategies and programs that align with the organization’s goals: drive in-store & online traffic and sales, drive brand affinity and retail growth and personalization
- This individual will be the primary stakeholder of the communications product roadmap and development, closely working with the product owner of the customer engagement platform
- Lead a team by being the subject matter expert who imparts knowledge in digital communications strategy and grows each team member to their maximum potential
- Ensure proper team structure to best deliver on the communications marketing strategy
- Prioritize and communicate key company goals and objectives
- Ensure plans are robust and capable of delivering required sales and traffic for the organization, while delivering a premium customer experience through proper circulation, frequency and audience selection.
- Partner with CRM team to lead strategic direction towards a more personalized experience for each Carter’s customer to drive repeat sales and customer loyalty; drive an audience first mentality throughout the organization.
- Incorporate personalization, segmentation, and relevancy into the program in a way that drives higher engagement and long-term LTV
- Develop and execute a rigorous testing agenda for the channel to continuously improve performance, focused on customer engagement, traffic and sales
- Work closely with IT to evaluate current marketing technologies, understand the technology needs of the future, and develop a roadmap for how to utilize technology to enable increased customer retention
- Identify content gaps and opportunities based on audience and channel engagement; work with marketing strategy teams to develop an action plan
Campaign Execution and Deployment - 25%
- Implement efficient operational processes to support digital communications deployment
- Lead a team on best practices for building scalable solutions for content execution and delivery; provide coaching and direction to continually increase productivity
- Actively participate in creative reviews to ensure creative delivers on channel requirements, actively communicating channel best practices
- Responsible for email deliverability across all brands, including OshKosh B’gosh, Skip Hop & Canada
- Partner with ecommerce team to ensure destinations provide for a good experience and drive conversion
- Utilize a customer engagement marketing tech stack including Litmus, Validity & Salesforce to drive optimizations, operational efficiency, and more personalized contacts
- Ensure Marketing Operations Team builds, schedules and deploys flawless campaigns through the SalesForce Marketing Cloud
Reporting and Analysis - 25%
- Guide a team on best practices for reporting and analysis and create mechanisms for ongoing campaign and program evaluation
- Relentlessly monitor program performance of each program to understand health of the subscriber file and overall program health
- Utilize Adobe Analytics & Salesforce (ESP) to pull KPIs into weekly reporting to socialize with key stakeholders
- Identify research and analytics methodologies to ensure key metrics are tracked using industry best practices
- Through deep analysis, identify opportunities for program enhancements and audience strategies
- Partner with Customer Analytics Team to instill proper testing and measurement methodologies
Supervisory / Budgetary / External Communication Responsibility
- Actively communicate organizational direction, and prioritize the team’s work based on these priorities
- Manage budget and forecasting process
- Mentor marketing team members and guide them in the development of effective programs
- Establish performance goals and provide on-going feedback, coaching, and development to enhance the team's performance and capability
Knowledge, Skill And Ability Requirements
- Must have previous successful experience with:
- - Leading and growing a strategic digital communications program with a high level of accuracy in project deployment, testing & learning, and success metrics
- - Recognizing potential business issues, and communicating proactively to team and cross functional partners and drive to solution
- - Coordinating cross-functional team efforts through projects in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to easily navigate and drive consensus through influence in a highly matrixed environment while building cross functional relationships (both internal and external)
- Must be able to effectively lead multiple programs and competing priorities and deliver results while leading future strategy
- Must have strong written, verbal, and communication skills
- Must have superior project management and organizational skills
Prior Work Experience And Educational Requirements
- 10+ years successful Email Marketing experience required, ideally in a fast-paced, high-volume retail environment; at least 5 years at the Manager/ Sr. Manager level with experience leading a team driving multiple programs and initiatives
- 2+ years of experience with CRM/personalization technology
- 3+ years of experience with website/digital analytic platforms such as Adobe Analytics
- Experience working in Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Zeta CDP desired
- Comprehensive understanding of how to leverage CRM data in an email program preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.