The Director of Digital Lifecycle & Email is someone who understands the art of digital outreach, conversion and lifecycle marketing. This role will lead multi-channel tactics to promote digital engagement, audience retention and loyalty across email, mobile app and digital platforms. Collaborating with marketing and data/technology teams to connect outbound messaging and campaigns with digital executions that service loyalty, lifecycle marketing, data collection and reengagement, this role is a leader, curious, thoughtful and understands the importance of process, collaboration and accountability.
- Oversee the strategy, flow and flight control of the League’s email marketing program, driving brand and business results through the channel while connecting with MLS’ long-term vision of audience acquisition, engagement and retention.
- Serve as the last touch point of review for email campaigns.
- Design, implement and manage the League’s email welcome journey to nurture, engage and onboard new MLS fans.
- Design, implement and manage email trigger programs to reengage and remarket to MLS fans, connecting them with streaming services, consumer products or other audience-right conversion points.
- Partner with tech and data teams, applying fan data to support fan remarketing, journey tracking, conversion measurement and future Martech capabilities.
- Partner with consumer product teams to drive last-click conversion of MLS product through key retail partners.
- Partner with digital and marketing teams to define and implement data-driven fan journeys, intended to drive conversion and first party engagement.
- Partner with Sr. Director of Digital Strategy to define and co-author the strategic proposition for the MLS app.
- Partner with Sr. Director of Digital Strategy to oversee ongoing yearly budget allocations and projections. Drive alignment with vendors, tools and agencies.
- Collaborate with partners in the creative process to guide development of campaigns and build necessary leadership check-ins and decision points.
- Manage external vendor relationships related to email and database management.
- Play a key role to involve others early and get cross-functional work done; be a proactive leader and decision-maker.
- Report and champion sales revenue generated from email marketing efforts.
- Protect the League to insure the following of industry standard methodologies and data privacy laws.
Qualifications Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 8+ years of hands-on experience as a Lifecycle and/or Email Marketing Lead.
- Hands on experience with HTML and email marketing systems.
- Experience working in sports, at a premium brand and/or creative agency with a comfortability in a matrixed environment.
- Proficiency in marketing automation technology.
- Strong project management skills and experience.
- Familiarity with analytical tools and database management.
- Experience managing budgets, vendor and agency relationships.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, team environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a focus on building an inclusive, empathetic culture.
- Bring a can-do, positive attitude toward projects and challenges
Starting Base Salary: $115,000 – $150,000. MLS/SUM base salaries are contingent upon several factors including individual qualifications, market financials, and operational business needs.
We are committed to providing a Total Rewards package that attracts, supports, engages, and retains talent through the following:
- Benefits – comprehensive and competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits, as well as a suite of programs to promote well-being including a $500 Wellness Reimbursement. A generous PTO offering, and hybrid Office/Remote Work Schedule are also offered to promote Work-Life balance.
- Career & Professional Development – on the job training, feedback, and on-going educational opportunities to continue your personal and professional development.
- Employee Engagement – office perks, discounts and employee events that go “beyond the traditional paycheck” to make you feel a part of our team and inspire you to elevate the Game!
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.