INSP is one of today's most popular cable television networks. At a time when most networks are losing audiences, INSP has continued to set records. Our unique programming approach has made us one of the fastest-growing basic cable networks—yes, even in this era of cord-cutting. We’re currently available to 80 million U.S. households, 24 hours a day, through more than 2,800 cable systems, TELCOs, and digital broadcast services like the DISH Network and DIRECTV. INSP is consistently ranked in the top 25 or better in CableFax Daily’s Primetime Rankings (published weekly), beating out networks like Bravo, AMC, MTV, Paramount, and more.
And, through our Imagicomm subsidiary, INSP content is distributed on an expanding array of OTT platforms, including Netflix, Amazon Prime, and in retails locations like Walmart and more.
Our talented INSP team is what makes all of this success possible, and it’s a team that is always growing. So, while our tagline is “Heroes live here,” we definitely believe they work here, too!
The Director of Digital Content must be proficient in both the day-to-day strategy & execution for curating and managing a successful website as well as leading the charge on engaging- email content strategy. This role will drive both of these key areas, taking direction and prioritization from the VP, Digital Content & Social Media.
This role oversees all of INSP’s website and digital content initiatives. Driving development of smart strategies to fuel increases in all key metrics (uniques, page views, time spent on site) and executing engaging content strategies to deliver on KPIs. You also will collaborate across the company on website upgrades and digital builds, on coordinating content creation, on analyzing campaign performance over all digital metrics. Key functions include managing internal and external writers, blogger outreach and coordination, and sweepstakes management. This role will take on added strategic design and user experience responsibilities and will lead groups both internally and externally on the website re-design of INSP.com.
This role also steers our email newsletter program. Responsibilities include scheduling and cadence, creative design templates, content development and testing, database growth, segmentation and lifecycle journey, and subscriber management.
This role will directly manage at least one employee as well as having tangential leadership over two others, in addition to managing external contractors.
The ideal candidate will have proven, successful experience in managing creative digital-first content, creating websites and digital properties. The ideal candidate has a proven track record showing strong growth, ideally for a similar entertainment/media property with multiple priorities and initiatives. This person would have a decent understanding of product and technology road-mapping as well as working on multiple website scopes at the same time. The candidate should be well-versed in SEO functionality as well as utilizing available tools for improving organic search performance and metrics.
Ideally, they will have successful experience in growing an email-based marketing program and improving key metrics such as subscriber growth, click rates, etc. A solid understanding of web development tools and technology and CRM publishing systems (e.g. Salesforce Email Studio, Google Ads Manager, Moveable Ink, Litmus, and more) is essential. This person must be a forward thinker and understand the changing digital media landscape. The individual will forge strong relationships with internal stakeholders and work closely within the other departments and divisions. This position requires a highly efficient professional with a proven skill-set in oral and written communications, project and resources management as well as a mind for results.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
• Lead strategic design and user-experience vision for the redesign of INSP.com
• Manage multiple project timelines and executions simultaneously for maximum efficiency
• Create and manage digital content & email marketing campaigns from conception to completion and results review
• Conceptualize digital-first content initiatives which could include content development and franchises (both written, audio and video formats) across our website and email efforts.
• Negotiate and adhere to product/deliverables timelines between web development team, creative team, and internal stakeholders
• Maintain budgets, create and update project & monthly reports
• Ensure analytic tracking is defined and established, working collaboratively with Digital Analytics Manager
• Ability to evaluate customer research, market conditions and competitor data
• Stay abreast of current digital marketing & content best practices, making suggestions to incorporate any applicable best practices into initiatives
• Update websites continuously through content management system; help lead potential re-design
• Provide effective communication with all departments on project status
• Develop training materials and provide training on department workflow procedures
• Effectively encourage, teach and lead direct report(s) as well as outside vendors/contractors
· Bachelor’s degree
· 5+ Years’ experience leading management of a website property (including leading digital strategy, content development, SEO enhancements, and analytics) and/or other digital products in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
· 5+ Years’ experience leading email marketing initiatives and utilizing CRM project management systems.
· 5+ Years’ experience in the digital space as it relates to the TV/media industry
· 5+ Years’ experience in people management and cross-functional team leadership
· Solid understanding of web production processes from concept to launch.
· Exceptional communication and organizational skills.
· Knowledge of creative and technical processes a plus.
· Proven ability to build consensus and work effectively within a cross-departmental teams.
· Excellent organizational and project management skills with a demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and campaigns concurrently.
· Ability to evaluate vendor solutions and ability to quickly implement and utilize new solutions.
· Strong presentation skills.
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Detail oriented and able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
· Strong interpersonal skills and professional attitude.
· Self-starter with good follow-through and the ability to take direction.
· This position reports to VP, Digital Content & Social Media
Normal workday is 8am to 5pm, Monday through Friday; additional hours may be required to meet deadlines in the dynamic environment of a 24/7 broadcast operation. This description may expand to include other duties as required.