Tala is a global technology company building the world’s most accessible financial services. With more than $350 million raised from visionary investors, we are serving millions of customers around the world who have been overlooked by traditional financial institutions – and our plan is to serve millions more, and have been named by the Fortune Impact 20 list, CNBCs Disruptor 50, and Forbes’ Fintech 50 list for four years running. We are expanding across product offerings, countries and crypto and are looking for people who have an entrepreneurial spirit and are passionate about the mission.
By creating a unique platform that enables lending and other financial services around the globe, people in emerging markets are able to start and expand small businesses, manage day-to-day needs, and pursue their financial goals with confidence. Currently, more than 6 million people across Kenya, the Philippines, Mexico, and India have used Tala products. Due to our global team, we have a remote-first approach, and also have offices in Santa Monica, CA (HQ); Nairobi, Kenya; Mexico City, Mexico; Manila, the Philippines; and Bangalore, India.
Most Talazens join us because they connect with our mission of enabling financial agency for underbanked people around the world. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Tala, we’d love to hear from you!
We’re looking for an experienced, hands-on CRM marketing director that combines a passion for CRM platform optimization with an eagerness to leverage data to optimize existing lifecycle programs and an ability to lead a team of highly talented CRM marketers. If you are looking to join a top fintech company with a social mission to provide financial access to our customers across Mexico, Kenya, Philippines, and India who are underserved and unbanked, this might be the perfect role for you.
The ideal candidate knows B2C marketing, has integrated and/or optimized the integration of CRM platforms, and has developed tools to improve team productivity. In this role you will be the technical expert owning the data model powering our CRM system. This includes identification of how our implementation needs to evolve as we move from a one-product offering to a multi-product, multi-user flow world. To be successful this role will partner with the product marketing leaders to translate messaging strategies into CRM system requirements and also work on the front lines with our engineering teams to help integrate, optimize, and troubleshoot our CRM tool, Braze. You will be responsible for working with the CRM marketing team and engineering to ensure the appropriate data capabilities exist and the appropriate performance indicators are defined and managed in order to remain on target with continuously improving marketing's effectiveness.
In this role you will be accountable for all ongoing lifecycle marketing campaigns. You will be leading efforts around the planning, development, deployment and performance reporting of lifecycle campaigns across SMS, in-app, push and email in our global markets with a team of talented CRM marketers. You will oversee and provide guidance to the CRM marketing team ensuring each campaign is executed in the best possible way (from setup to execution to measurement). Additionally you will continually monitor all core metrics for lifecycle marketing campaigns and identify opportunities for A/B tests to improve. You will be partnering with our local marketing teams to identify how we can diversify our use of channels to not mostly focus on SMS and lay out a learning agenda to better understand the impact of our existing campaigns.
This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys the responsibility of seeing campaigns through from early stage to deployment and analysis, and has a strong passion for CRM software, execution and leveraging data to make a tangible impact on our customer’s financial lives.
You will work cross-functionally with marketing, product management, business intelligence, and other teams to transform marketing strategies into reality through end-to-end campaign management that drive conversion and retention using cross-channel messaging with a “test and learn quickly” mindset.
The ability to work collaboratively in a very fast-paced work environment, operate strategically as well as tactically as the situation demands, execute flawlessly, streamline integration of marketing data, and drive initiatives with minimal supervision are essential requirements for this role.
What You'll Do
- Partner with Marketing, Product, and CX to execute and optimize high-performing lifecycle marketing campaigns
- Translate business needs into technical requirements to ensure streamlined communication across internal teams.
- Generate data-driven hypotheses and execute A/B tests to inform new marketing strategies and drive outsized ROI
- Use data, analytics, and experimental design to drive improvements across a wide variety of business objectives
- Work closely with Business Intelligence, credit and finance teams to report on campaign results and continually measure campaign performance
- Build out the core CRM/ lifecycle flow and lead the lifecycle production process from ticket creation through to deployment and analysis, identifying process flows to maximize team efficiency
- Organize, track, and manage routine marketing technology business processes and infrastructure maintenance.
- Take full ownership of our CRM platform from a data and technical perspective
- Standardize our email, push and SMS creative for consistency and efficiency
- Manage and streamline the integration of marketing data with our existing analytics stack
- Work with data, product, and engineering teams to define any new requirements to ensure the right data are available for relevant, personalized, and real-time campaigns
- Problem solve in real time to address service interruptions impacting customers
- 7+ years of CRM/ lifecycle marketing experience (preferred in a B2C mobile-app first environment). People management experience preferred
- In-depth understanding of Marketing Automation platforms (Braze, Iterable, Responsys, Exacttarget, LeanPlum, Klaviyo also considered); Braze experience strongly preferred
- Experience working both tactically (deploying lifecycle campaigns) and strategically (structuring campaign setup in the most efficient way possible)
- You have a working knowledge of HTML, and a very strong understanding of how marketing technology works.
- Ability to motivate group of highly skilled marketers and enable team to operate effectively
- Able get to into the nitty gritty of data, scope opportunities, and make recommendations based on cost/benefit
- Ability to work with engineers and communicate clear implementation goals
- Mastery of dynamic HTML (liquid logic etc)
- Advanced proficiency with Excel/data analysis. Experience leveraging BI Tools, such as Looker for analysis.
- Cross-cultural skills with a passion for serving our customers and working with global teams across Mexico, Philippines, Kenya, and India.
Our vision is to build a new financial ecosystem where everyone can participate on equal footing and access the tools they need to be financially healthy. We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse global team that represents a multitude of backgrounds, cultures, and experience. We hire talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.