Back in 1995, before software-as-a-service had a name or an acronym, Truckstop.com launched the first subscription-based online load board that transformed the trucking industry.
Today, we go beyond the basic load board to deliver SaaS solutions that support the entire freight-moving lifecycle, from matching to payment, and everything in between.
As non-stop innovators, we’re always refining and growing to make Truckstop.com the best place for brokers and carriers to work together.
As for the future? We’re building it now.
About our Culture
Truckstop is a destination where talented individuals can build an epic career. It is a place where talent feels connected, fulfilled, and equipped to do what they do best while having fun doing it.
E pluribus unum - Out of many, one
We refer to our employees as Partners because we are interdependent upon each other to achieve remarkable things. We look for Partners who enjoy working in a One Team mindset. By combining our unique personalities, experiences, skills, and knowledge we can accomplish amazing feats together!
Reporting to the Vice President of Commercial Marketing, the Director of Customer Marketing will be responsible for the team managing customer campaigns, journey and insights. This team designs and executes all post-sale customer relationship and upsell/cross-sell management communications across all channels. Focused on developing highly segmented and personalized campaigns and programs, the strategy is to drive measurable increases in ARPU, product adoption and customer retention. The emphasis will be on understanding the insights and customer personas and connecting those to retention, upsell and activities, and a sensical journey through our product line. We will rely mostly on digital touch, usage, and data driven insights and triggers. This is a “customer obsessed” position and a customer champion in the organization.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage a team of marketing professionals and coach them in all ways to excel in their roles and contributions
- Work collaboratively across the business to drive a thought leadership agenda, translating customer and market insights into actions
- Partner across the organization to bring the customers’ voice into every touchpoint and every transaction with the customer to improve processes and the overall customer experience
- Oversee qualitative and quantitative research across Truckstop.com, Product, and Product Marketing support internal decision making, messaging, and positioning
- Lead vision of collecting, analyzing, and sharing of customer insights across the organization
- Champion customer advocacy programs to drive references among the customer base
- Work cross-functionally to drive shared goals with customer success, account management and the lines of business
- Measure, monitor and drive improvement against customer retention goals
- Find and cultivate customer advocates that will help create case studies, public and private referrals, videos, webinars, presentations, press releases, and other go-to-market events
- Create the strategy for multi-channel campaigns with a holistic view of the customer lifecycle across all touchpoints
- Optimize the customer journey for sales and experience campaigns
- Operate the customer intelligence team to get insights and understanding of the customer both for marketing needs and how they apply to the rest of the business
- Develop a digital experience to run campaigns that are action and data-oriented to enhance and define key moments within a customer lifecycle
- Work closely with the sales and product teams on segmentation, sales/support/save needs, and optimized campaigns for the customer experience
- Develop loyalty and churn strategy, leveraging predictive analytics and propensity models, to guide marketing efforts in concert with customer success
- Develop and maintain a campaign measurement framework to ensure ongoing review and adjustment in alignment with marketing critical metrics
- Work in partnership with the creative team, develop creative briefs and guide creative direction on marketing campaigns and initiatives
- Be a truckstop.com customer advocate. Involve yourself with all aspects of the customer journey within marketing and in other departments and ensure it follows the methodology you set forth
- Marketing automation expertise, including knowledge of key concepts and recent experience with latest best practices for workflows, triggers, personalization, segmentation, targeting and drip campaigns, Marketing automation certification (Hubspot, Oracle/Eloqua, Adobe/Marketo, Salesforce/Pardot) desired
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in marketing, business, or related fields or equivalent professional experience
- Minimum of 8-10 years of full-time marketing experience
- 3+ years of proven demand generation/campaign experience. Customer specific is a plus
- 3+ years’ experience collaborating with creative teams to develop creative campaign briefs across all marketing channels
- 5+ years in similar role with a dynamic, fast-paced company
- Action-oriented with great follow through on commitments
- Strategic and critical thinking, analytical reasoning and thought-leadership skills
- Solid all-around marketer with strong content marketing and writing skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to work with organizational teams
- Experience creating annual forecasts, driving strategies to achieve while driving market share
- Skilled at creating concise, visually appealing presentations for internal/external audiences
- Proven ability to collaborate across teams and win together
- Genuine desire to continuously learn, adapt, and teach others your expertise
- Experience in the transportation industry a plus
Minimum physical exertion. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to sit, communicate, reach and manipulate objects, tools or controls. The position requires mobility. Duties involve moving materials weighing up to 5 pounds on a regular basis. Manual dexterity and coordination are required over 75% of the work period while operating equipment such as computer keyboard, mouse, 10-key calculator and copier/fax.
Ideal protected indoor office work environment and clean, non-hazardous work area. The noise level in the work environment is typical of most office environments with telephones, personal interruptions, and background noises.
The above description covers the most significant duties performed but does not include other related occasional work that may be assigned or is completed by the employee.
Truckstop.com provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.