Today, 60 million Americans work independently, and that trend is only accelerating. But benefits are tightly coupled with full-time, W2-based jobs. As a result, the millions of Americans who work independently are excluded from that financial safety net.
Stride is the world’s first benefits platform built specifically for contractors, part-timers, and the self-employed. We provide them all the same benefits you’d expect from a W2 job, like insurance, tax support, and discounts on products and services. In fact, since launching in 2014, Stride has helped over 3.5 million Americans save over $4 billion on their benefits and taxes.
We’re partnered with the top employers of non-benefited workers, including DoorDash, Uber, Postmates, MasterCard, Amazon, Aon, and Willis Towers Watson. We’re backed with over $86 million in capital by Venrock, New Enterprise Associates, Fidelity’s F-Prime Capital Partners, King River Capital, Mastercard, and Allstate.
And we’re growing! While we started off exclusively serving non-benefited workers, other companies in our space started knocking on our door to tailor our platform for their customers. Now we need outstanding people (like you!) to help us reach our mission and improve access to affordable benefits for all.
Cash compensation range:
$201,000-$231,000 USD annually + equity
The Director of CRM will report to the Senior Director of Growth and be responsible for leading the development and implementation of CRM strategies to drive customer acquisition, engagement, retention, and revenue growth. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of success, be a natural leader who thrives in a fast-paced environment, and be able to lead a team while remaining hands-on. They will work closely with our internal creative resources and have experience leveraging data and technology to drive marketing results. The role will involve managing a team of 2.
- Develop and execute a CRM strategy that builds strong relationships with members, increases LTV, and drives customer acquisition, engagement, and retention.
- Oversee day-to-day operations and ensure flawless execution across email, in-app, SMS, and push communications.
- Design and launch nurture streams, membership benefits, and referral program to deepen relationships and improve conversion.
- Continuously identify, prioritize, and refine lifecycle roadmap through ongoing experimentation.
- Launch a communication preference center to improve relevance and database health.
- Partner with the acquisition team to convert paid leads through effective segmentation and engagement strategies.
- Evaluate and recommend new CRM technologies and tools to streamline workflows and improve effectiveness.
- Lead and support a team of talented lifecycle marketers, establish team priorities and targets.
- 10+ years of CRM experience, ideally in a fast-growing business, with a proven track record of improving brand health, loyalty, and sales.
- Experience managing CRM at every step of the funnel, including building email lists, converting prospects into long-term members, identifying cross-sell opportunities, and executing winback strategies.
- Successful at partnering with Product and Engineering teams to enhance the end-to-end customer journey.
- Experienced in CRM technology management, with a strong understanding of marketing and operational databases, segmentation, and campaign management. Experience with Braze and Hubspot preferred.
- Customer-centric mindset with a strong brand and creative sensibility, and a passion for creating communications that provide value and build strong brands.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to turn data into actionable initiatives.
- Exceptional communicator with experience presenting to executive leaders and a variety of audiences.
- Experience leading and developing high-performing teams in a fast-moving environment, with the ability to focus on high-impact work.
- Collaborative and relationship-driven, with the ability to build strong relationships internally and externally.
Leadership Competencies / Values
- Low Ego / High Intellectual Humility/Curiosity - Actively seeks input and perspective of others. Receives feedback well.
- Educator / Coach - Trains team effectively, sets up others for success, and provides career growth opportunities.
- Excellence - Sets high standards of performance for self and others. Low tolerance for mediocrity.
- Integrity - Does not ethically cut corners. Earns trust of co-workers. Puts organization above self-interest.
- Resourcefulness / Initiative - Passionately finds ways to achieve results despite lack of resources. Shows bias for action.
- Adaptability - Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Team Player - Leads peers to do what is best for the company. Approachable.
- Intelligence - Acquires understanding and absorbs information rapidly.
- Self-Awareness / Feedback - Recognizes own strengths and weaknesses. Uses feedback mechanisms.
will help explain Stride’s Compensation Philosophy and compensation practices, and will answer some common questions you might have.
Stride’s Compensation Philosophy utilizes a National Payscale, which is designed to fairly and equitably pay employees based on their performance and impact regardless of geographic location. For employees in the United States, our National Payscale leverages San Francisco Bay Area market data to determine our compensation bands for cash, commissions, or bonus (if applicable) and equity.
Unless otherwise noted, the cash compensation above is the total salary and does not include a bonus. In addition to cash compensation, all full-time Striders will be given stock options to participate in Stride’s equity incentive program. We want all Striders to be an owner of the company, value that ownership, and be able to participate in any future positive outcomes for the company.
Individual compensation packages are based on a few different factors unique to each candidate, including their skills, experience, qualifications, and other job-related reasons. Our compensation ranges are designed to be competitive, equitable, and growth-oriented.
We know that benefits are also an important piece of your total compensation package. To learn more about what’s included in total compensation, check out some of the benefits and perks Stride offers to all US-based employees.
At Stride, we believe in compensating Striders in ways that are true to their value in the marketplace, that inspire and motivate the team to execute our vision, that shape behavior toward productively building and sustaining Stride's culture, and that support the risks and rewards of a fast-growing technology company.