Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education and employment. Almost a decade later, we are a rapidly growing, diverse team of 100+ headquartered in SoHo, NYC. We’ve raised over $40m in venture capital funding from top investors including Union Square Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Y Combinator, and more.
If you want to help build a business that impacts tens of millions of people each year and helps them lead better lives, join us!
We are looking for a Director, CRM to join our growing marketing team at our HQ in SoHo. You will manage a team of Marketers responsible for both B2C and B2B efforts across the customer lifecycle and integrated marketing campaigns. Your team will manage the learner lifecycle using email and in-app messaging, with push notifications on the horizon. Reporting into our CMO, you will inspire a team, own business metrics and work with all parts of the business to create and promote CRM strategies that move metrics and surprise and delight our learners.
You’re rigorous about using data and insights to improve the learner experience across every stage of the lifecycle, working closely with teams across the business to make it happen. In this role, you'll exercise your full range of strategic, analytical, and creative skills to help millions of learners achieve their goals every day.
What You'll Do
- Manage daily operations of a team of marketers to meet goals
- Make important strategy and planning decisions including managing CRM budget
- Partner with other leaders to identify important strategic programs that create operational scale and efficiency
- Develop the learner CRM strategy and oversee the team creating email, in-app messaging and push notifications
- Oversee the strategy of personalized CRM campaigns across the customer lifecycle including automations and ad hoc communications
- Use data to improve marketing programs and achieve overall company goals
- Ensure the health of the channels through regular reviews of metrics and channel health checks
- Establish a working relationship with partners in our Marketing, Data Science, Business Operations, Product, Curriculum, and B2B teams
- Work with analytics to establish and track metrics, with ongoing efforts to analyze data, identify trends, and implement optimizations to improve our programs
What You'll Need
- 10+ years of direct experience managing CRM campaigns and automations with a proven track record of overseeing and optimizing lifecycle emails at a consumer SaaS company with 5+ years managing teams
- Experience developing profitable CRM marketing programs and exceeding performance and revenue targets
- The ability to create data-driven strategies with large datasets
- Passion for customer experience and increasing the value of customers
- Familiarity with CRM technology including ESPs and other CRM tools
- Ability to think and perform tactically and strategically
- Ability to pivot quickly and react to real-time data
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills
- An understanding of the requirements for CAN-SPAM compliance as well as the nuances of email compliance internationally in various regulatory regimes (e.g., GDPR or CASL)
- Bachelor's Degree (Master's degree ideal)
What Will Make You Stand Out
- Experience with CDPs (e.g. Segment, mParticle) and their segmentation capabilities
- Experience at medium-to-late-stage startups
- Experience in other SaaS businesses, specifically education
- Experience with other CRM channels such as push notifications, SMS, or in-app messaging
- Global and/or localization experience
- Interest in coding or passion for empowering others through coding education is a plus
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of learners with our product and in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms-- race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status-- and works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds and beliefs are empowered to better their futures.
New York, NY