The Information is the go-to source of insight, analysis, and in-depth reporting for the most influential leaders in technology and business. Founded in 2013 and headquartered in San Francisco, our original, high-quality journalism has the power to inform the most consequential decisions shaping our future, and we’ve built a community of tens of thousands of subscribers who depend on us to do just that. We have a financially healthy business, plenty of capital, and big ambitions to grow our impact. We’re looking for a Director, CRM & Retention Marketing to join our team—someone who can develop and execute the customer relationship marketing playbook within our consumer subscription business to drive engagement and increase retention.
Who Are You?
The Information is looking for a Director, CRM & Retention Marketing to join the team and create an optimal user experience for our subscribers that build habits, increases engagement, and improves retention rates. You are the strategic and executional owner of the full subscriber lifecycle, from onboarding to renewal. You have a hunger for data and a desire to understand the subscriber at each life stage and produce an experience that meets their needs and leads to a successful renewal. As a CRM & Retention Marketing Director you’ll work with the remainder of the team to implement your vision and measure each step in the process..
We are looking for someone with strong strategic knowledge around customer engagement, who can make intentional choices and is excited to tackle new creative challenges every day. You will be focused on operational excellence and mastery and application of our email, social, and push notification tools. With a passion for the digital media landscape, you understand the intricacies and unique attributes of the retention funnel and are ready to roll up your sleeves and take action.
- Develop and execute automated lifecycle marketing journeys and one-off campaigns across our marketing channels in order to engage and retain subscribers, with a strong focus on onsite, notifications, in-app, and email marketing.
- Design and execute tests to determine price elasticity. Build out a program, based on test results, that informs our renewal pricing program.
- Test and improve on-site flows for subscription upgrades, and saves to maximize subscriber retention—working closely with our product team.
- Collaborate with Product, Engineering, Analytics, and Data Science to monitor campaigns and develop reports, metrics, and analysis of marketing programs to measure ROI and program effectiveness.
- Master our marketing tools to leverage their full capability across our site, mobile app, and emails.
- Understanding the different customer segments along the subscriber journey and tailoring strategies and meeting their needs.
- 7+ years of professional experience in digital media, marketing, or eCommerce is required. Specific experience with subscription-based business models and/or digital marketing is preferred.
- A strong understanding and proficiency with social and marketing platforms, specifically ESP platforms, and the ability to interpret and understand performance metrics.
- You have a solid knowledge of product & performance analytics, customer life cycle management, mobile user acquisition, and digital marketing tools/techniques.
- Proficiency in using digital analytics tools and Microsoft Excel to measure the impact of marketing campaigns, determine the outcomes of A/B tests, and identify performance trends.
- Excellent communication and project management skills.
- A can-do attitude - someone who likes to roll up their sleeves and execute just as much as developing strategy.
- Company-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and their dependents
- Basic life insurance
- Generous paid leave that increases over time
- A parental leave policy for new parents
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Flexible Spending Account
- Additional benefits include, commuter benefits, gym and fitness stipend, and phone reimbursement
- A highly professional, inclusive, diverse workplace with a zero-tolerance policy for harassment
Salary Range: 100,000 - 180,000 USD Annually + Bonus + Benefits
The salary range posted is based on the company's good faith belief at the time of the posting. Actual compensation may vary above or below this range based on factors such as location, work experience, and skill level.
We are an equal-opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are committed to diversity and to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and ages.