ARE YOU READY TO TAKE YOUR CAREER TO NEW HEIGHTS? ARE YOU SEEKING A NEW CHALLENGE IN A DYNAMIC SECTOR?
This is a very exciting and highly innovative time here at Outside.
OUR TRUE NORTH:
Outside Interactive, Inc., the premier hub for active lifestyle enthusiasts, offers best-in-class content and experiences to more than 70 million of the world’s most passionate outdoor, wellness, and endurance enthusiasts every month. We inspire a broad and diverse audience to do the activities they love with greater enjoyment, inspiration, and knowledge and are dedicated to making real change in the outdoor and fitness industries.
As the Director of CRM & Retention Marketing candidate you will maintain our ESP system for ~200 internal users across editorial, marketing, product, brand, and more, across 20+ outdoor, adventure, cycling, running, healthy living brands and services. This role is an exciting opportunity to lead our brands' customer segmentation, personalization, and retention marketing strategies while expanding our capabilities to leverage and understand our customer data.
In collaboration with the membership marketing team, you will be responsible for leading the development, deployment, and support of direct-to-consumer CRM strategies across all Outside brands.
You'll be responsible for deepening our overall direct engagement and customer lifetime value by keeping us top of mind throughout our customer’s active lifestyle journey, including supporting, educating, and nurturing personalized relationships with the Outside brands. This is a highly tactical and technical role that will require skill-sets in data automation, development, testing and implementation in partnership with product and engineering teams.
Knowledge in HubSpot Marketing Hub a plus. The Director of CRM & Retention will lead the process and evaluation of our current systems, providing feedback and recommendations on how to optimize.
- Act as over CRM/Hubspot Administrator, serving as the go-to for day to day platform needs, with a heavy emphasis on resolving user issues
- Manage subscriber data, import, and segmentation using a combination of HubSpot and SQL server database queries. Ensure that new user data in support of CRM campaigns is successfully integrated into HubSpot.
- At a rapid and frequent pace, onboard new brands to our CRM, manage opt-in workflows, and partner with the marketing team to develop marketing automation flows.
- Identify opportunities and lead the execution to improve overall health of the CRM- including but not limited to email deliverability, preference and subscription management and compliance
- Troubleshoot current automations and workflows, including transactional campaigns (receipts, renewals) and ensure customers are receiving communications as intended
- Work with our CRM Customer Success Manager and Technical Consultants to evaluate email marketing performance and optimization opportunities. This includes email progress, deliverability, reporting, marketing strategies, as well as guidance on how we can utilize ESP to serve our unique business needs.
- Own the CRM roadmap and prioritization of all related products and capabilities.
- Lead a cross-functional team in the development of in-depth CRM analytics including customer profiling, segmentation, segment analysis, customer journeys, and other critical customer data-driven analytic efforts that inform and drive the business.
- Dive deep into our customer data to go beyond the "what" and tap into the "why", "then what" and "so what" and translate those insight opportunities into recommendations and strategies.
- Responsible for full audit and evaluation of the current ESP/CRM provider. After evaluation, if a new platform is recommended, then you will be responsible for RFI development, consideration and selection of potential platforms, including budget development and acquisition of funding from the SLT, supervision of the migration, and training internal users to leverage the new platform.
- Define and optimize key performance metrics, and prepare relevant reports and dashboards to share results across the team, and report up to senior management.
- Analyze data to identify trends, evaluate performance, and improve campaign effectiveness based on the insights using reporting.
- Manage vendor relationships and contracts for CRM initiatives.
- Over time, develop a CRM marketing team to scale and optimize our customer retention and automation.
- Perform quality assurance on each major campaign and template implementation to ensure campaigns are executed error-free.
- Develop and optimize our communication content and cadence through rigorous A/B testing and experimentation, ultimately driving analysis of results and making recommendations for future testing and rollout of campaigns.
- Identify areas of opportunity to maximize engagement, conversion and retention. Then work with brands directly to help them make updates.
- Work with editorial teams to measure and monitor the success of content that drives engagement and acquisition.
- Work with teams across Outside and own CRM experimentation, unlocking additional growth by optimizing existing communication programs and transactional messages
- 7-10 years experience of CRM-related experience with a focus in email marketing, CRM management, platform administration, or ESP platform administration (Enterprise ESP provider e.g. Marketo, Oracle Marketing Cloud, etc)
- At least 3 years of experience managing a CRM/email operations team.
- Experience in direct to consumer commerce companies preferred
- HubSpot Marketing Hub experience is a plus
- Strong cross-functional leadership experience working with a variety of teams, including Product, Media, Consumer Insights, and Brand Managers
- High volume experience managing lists, APIs integration, opt-in flows, consumer and B2B sales automations, and newsletters
- Experience leading best practice documentation for organizations including GDPR, CAN-SPAM, CCPA, CASL, Design, HTML/CSS, and list maintenance
- Strong problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Experience managing integrations between ESP and MetaRouter, Shopify, Wordpress or similar platforms
- Experience with subscription based business models a plus
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple brands/business verticals at once
- Ability to work collaboratively and cross-functionally in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to deliver against expected outcomes leading complex, cross-organizational initiatives
Entirely remote jobs that could be performed in Colorado: Employees can expect to be paid a salary of between $95,000 to $120,000. Additional compensation may include a bonus or commission . Additional benefits include health care, vision, dental, retirement, Flexible Time Away, sick leave, and more. This salary range is merely an estimate and may vary based on an applicant’s location, market data/ranges, an applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications, and other relevant factors