DIRECTOR OF CRM & LIFECYCLE MARKETING
Nom Nom is improving the lives of dogs everywhere. One meal at a time.
We deliver real, good food for dogs real, beautiful, droolworthy food, crafted by our on-staff Board Certified Veterinary Nutritionists, and prepped, mixed and portioned in our very own kitchens. Personalized all the way down to the calorie, each meal is formulated to meet the unique needs of every pet we serve. Our Board Certified Veterinary Nutritionists and staff of world-class scientists make sure of it, researching, studying and innovating nonstop to ensure maximum nutrition from all of our recipes while advancing pet health at large.
Were a team of pet lovers (duh), complacency crushers (you bet) and doggedly-determine experts (woof) that pride ourselves on serving up the best food possible for our four-legged family.
We take absolute ownership over everything we do, persistently pushing one another toward creative solutions to complex problems. With a healthy serving of fun when time permits.
(Time always permits.)
A vital, and new, position in the Nom Nom marketing realm, this role will encompass CRM and email marketing leadership, helping to bring potential customers through the full funnel, from data acquisition straight through to loyalty and retention, leveraging email, SMS and digital marketing initiatives.
- Craft hypotheses, benchmark competitors or peers in subscription models, and dive deep into in-house technical capabilities to develop and optimize customer lifecycle marketing at Nom Nom.
- Become fluent in our brand and content, helping identify opportunities to leverage our scientific resources and product to create meaningful connections with consumers.
- Partner with the product and engineering teams to take a critical eye to our digital experiences and understand opportunities for improved customer data acquisition. Truly understand our in-house custom data warehouse.
- Leverage data to create tests that help drive improved nurture and drip capabilities, through email, SMS and other direct marketing tactics. Partner with the creative team and share responsibility for copy, design, and messaging of the customer touchpoints in the channels you oversee.
- Identify opportunities, working with our CX and Strategic Implementation Teams, to support customers through notifications of operational changes, introductions of new physical products, cross-sell and trade up to new products and services, etc. (NB: This will not own CX or be responsible for customer service but more driving lifetime value for our customers through marketing vehicles.)
- Partner cross functionally to identify opportunities for post-purchase email flows, churn prevention, and reactivation, both from a digital standpoint and in-box experiences. Become the expert and leader in the digital onboarding program, partnering with prod/eng to make upgrades where necessary.
- Create a retention, loyalty and referral structure that encourages lifetime value of our customers and additional acquisition and conversion. Expand the Nom Nom brand to new heights!
- Work with the Data & Analytics teams and reporting/finance organization to create dashboards and measure the impact of your work on revenue, conversion, and retention.
- Manage at least one direct report a Growth Manager who is already in place, managing our prospecting emails and taking on more responsibility for drips and nurtures across the board. Develop the manager to be your partner in crime on the email front.
5-7+ years of email marketing, CRM or Retention marketing experience, preferably with SendGrid, Klaviyo or other ESPs
2+ years of subscription DTC model experience. Demonstrated understanding of retention and lifecycle management in this world.
A self-starter who is excited by a blank slate to build off of. An optimist who sees possibility over problems. Someone who not only can see the opportunities but is excited about the chance to fix them, not just hand them to someone else.
While Nom Nom is based in Nashville, this role can be nearly completely remote, with the potential for travel up to 20% of the time, as the CMO (NY based) and marketing team require. Much of the tech resources are based in the Bay Area.
Must love dogs, of course. But also must have a passion for consumers of the human kind, helping empower them to make the best decision for their furry companions.
Experience with SendGrid and other ESPs. Outstanding knowledge of email automations, best practices in email and SMS marketing
Experience with creative and technical brief writing
Working knowledge of UX principles and can put yourself in the mind of the consumer to drive successful initiatives.
Someone who loves to bounce between technical and mainstream, who can translate needs and requirements to an engineer and to a brand marketer.
- Competitive pay
- Associate Discount
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription and much more
- Health Savings Account and FSA
- 401K with a match to 4%
- We pay 100% of Short Term and Long Term disability
- Life Insurance
- Paid holidays and vacation
- Formal training and opportunities for career progression
Nom Nom embraces inclusion, diversity and equal opportunity. We're committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Nom Nom is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.