The National Football League is seeking a dynamic, creative and data-driven CRM leader to join our cutting-edge Performance Marketing team and progress our evolving 1:1 marketing strategy, capability and execution. In this role, you’ll help create messaging strategies personalized to each fan, engaging them with the right message, at the right time, and through the right outbound marketing channel (i.e., email, SMS, push). Working closely with various cross-functional leaders spanning the League, Clubs and Partners, you’ll design and implement fan-centric programs that improve engagement and retention throughout the NFL fan journey with specific responsibly for outbound marketing channels.
The Performance Marketing team sits within the broader Marketing organization. Collectively, we are focused on progressing our brand purpose, diverse fan base and avidity.
- Drive strategy and execution for CRM-centric 1:1 outbound marketing (i.e., email, SMS, push) leveraging first party data and MarTech stack to achieve desired business results.
- Pioneer personalization at scale across the fan journey in partnership with the broader Performance Marketing (i.e., Fan Journey, Optimization), Data & Analytics and IT teams.
- Design and implement A/B and multivariate tests in collaboration with cross-functional teams that yield continuous improvements (i.e., engagement, conversion, reactivation) .
- Optimize all campaigns using the modeling and measurement tools available and in close coordination with the Data & Analytics team for syndicated and custom reporting.
- Partner with our Brand Marketing and Consumer Media teams to optimize creative assets unique to each channel .
- Consult with internal stakeholders, Clubs , partners and vendors to build the most effective campaign strategies to meet their teams’ performance targets .
- Bachelor’s degree required, at minimum, from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum 10 years’ relevant work experience in 1:1 outbound channel marketing where you developed and leveraged consumer segmentations to power marketing automation.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience managing multiple direct reports and agency partners.
- Well-versed in developing various consumer cohorts and leveraging propensity score models to successfully improve acquisition, engagement, and retention metrics.
- Experienced in direct-to-consumer lines-of-business, ideally with subscription and loyalty.
- Proficient with Epsilon PeopleCloud Messenger and Movable Ink or a related MarTech.
- Deep knowledge with SMS and push notification platforms (e.g., Sinch, Kaleyra, etc.).
Other Key Attributes / Characteristics
- Collaborator at heart who thrives when working on a team and places “we” over “me”.
- Leverages diverse and unexpected points of view to drive outsize business outcomes.
- Curiosity in the data, tech and loyalty landscape and how content is produced and consumed .
- Ability to work independently and as a team player to find ways to uncover opportunities .
- Strong communication skills, ability to multitask, and attention to detail .
- Conveys complex issues succinctly and with the appropriate priority.
- Work effectively within tight deadlines and in a matrix organization .
- Up to 20% domestic travel required with occasional international travel.
Terms / Expected Hours of Work
- NFL employees are required to work 40 hours per week with occasional weekend requirements.
- The NFL maintains a Flexible Workplace Policy that provides members of our workforce with opportunities to periodically work from a location of their choice, while maintaining a priority on in-person work at an NFL office, which enables us to more effectively collaborate, connect and build a workplace culture that will drive our continued success.
- We also continue to prioritize the health and safety of our NFL workforce. Consistent with that commitment, considering the substantial and growing body of evidence that vaccinations remain the most effective protection against the spread the COVID-19, we require that members of our NFL workforce be fully vaccinated. Exceptions are available only for those who need an accommodation for a qualifying disability or sincerely held religious belief or practice
- The NFL is committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment that reflects our incredibly diverse fan base. We provide an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all employees and applicants without regard to status as protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.