About the job
Every role at Samsung presents a new opportunity to make a lasting, global impact. We believe that innovation and growth are driven by an inclusive culture and a diverse workforce. We’re seeking innovators to create a global team where everyone belongs and has equal opportunities, inspiring our talent to be their true selves. Together, we are building a better tomorrow for our customers, partners and communities.Join the Samsung family and be part of the team that’s creating a better future.
Role and Responsibilities
The primary purpose of the role is to lead the CRM Activation function for Samsung Electronics America (SEA). This role will lead a team that manages audience segments with sustainable data products and actionable insights. The role will oversee audience activations across multiple owned and paid marketing channels and will ensure that we maximize ROI from 1P data to drive eStore and CRM growth. The candidate will collaborate with several Engineering teams including Platform, Data Science, Engineering and CRM Ops to develop data solutions using right technology. They will create and manage audience segmentation frameworks that support all Samsung product offerings, Mobile, TV, Home Appliance, and eCommerce. Identify customer experiences to drive loyalty and increase customer lifetime value. This position will report to the VP, Data Strategy and Integrated Marketing.
Business unit/Team: Corporate Marketing– Data Strategy – CRM Activations
In today’s fast evolving technology world, one aspect remains common – reliance on Data to drive the next wave of innovation. Data Driven Marketing is powering a paradigm shift at Samsung and the global industry.
CRM Activations team within Corporate Marketing is focused on providing Samsung Marketing Teams Audience intelligence and Marketing Technology (MarTech) solutions to activate on customer identities. The team develops best-in-class solutions that provide Samsung’s marketing and service organizations with a 360-degree view of the Samsung customer and provides recommendations on how to segment these customers. This team and role is core to our long-term strategy of being customer-first.
SEA Corporate Marketing – CRM Activations team goals include:
- Enabling customer-centric experiences and journeys for our customers
- Driving efficiency and efficacy of loyalty and onboarding automations through data
- Building capability and equity of our Owned Media platforms
- This will support the marketing strategy of being digital-first, platform-right, TTL and always-on to serve a diversity of consumers’ needs and wants.
- We are looking for highly talented team members who are passionate about data, have the rigor needed to solve billion dollar problems, and possess an innate entrepreneurial spirit to explore the uncharted. CRM Activations combines the engineering backbone of a best-in-class Big Data Platform with the analytic expertise of advanced mining and predictive modeling that enables our customer database to generate the most ROI from our marketing campaigns. If you want to work among the very best talent in the industry, working on the most innovative products in the world, Samsung is the place to be.
This role manages $50M-$100M in direct revenue and heavily influences over $5Bn in indirect revenue from Data-driven Sales. Responsibilities fit into the below broad categories
- Lead CRM and audience segmentation: Support CRM audience generation activities for all teams at Samsung. Manage an audience segmentation framework that supports all Samsung product offerings, Mobile, TV, Home Appliance, and eCommerce. Work with business, Data Science and Engineering teams to create new Machine learning models, be ready to jump in and ensure campaigns are delivered on time. Collaborate across Operations and Strategy teams to ensure 100% achievement of campaigns objectives and 100% achievement of campaign delivery.
- Roadmap Activations Strategy: Build/Buy innovative Data products that ‘democratize’ business teams access to data. Prioritize across multiple businesses and conflicting KPIs. Identify opportunities for automation. Bring in best-in-class ideas to improve customer segmentation and ensure CRM KPIs are above target.
- 1P Audience Management: Ensure 1P data is effectively managed on paid media/ programmatic advertising. Set direction with agency teams to activate 1P audiences and track performance of audience. Work on matching audience experience across channels. Provide guidance on upcoming industry and regulatory changes in programmatic advertising.
- Audience Thought Leadership: Be an expert on customer data. Provide guidance on Database growth, increasing CLV, define CRM attribution and other critical business questions from executive leadership. Ensure that 1P data is utilized to the fullest extent on all available channels.
- Test planning and measurement: Build relevant KPIs to monitor the effectiveness of SEA marketing campaigns and audience segments. Setup a data first approach to identify winning strategies and stop data assets and campaigns that are not driving value. Analyze and develop data to help business pivot and create new offerings/ campaigns
- Post Purchase Loyalty Strategy: Own post purchase loyalty campaigns and achieve revenue targets, ($2M in 2021 to $46Mn in 2023). Evaluate customer touchpoints across channels and set channel specific revenue targets and ensure attainment of the goals. Use data to identify underlying trends and propose changes to marketing plan.
- Team Leader: Manage and mentor a team of Product Managers and Analysts under their leadership. Staff up the team with relevant skillsets to ensure roadmap goals are attained. Work cross functionally with Engineering, Operations and Marketing leads to build a stable relationship and product management framework.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors’ Degree in a quantitative field (Mathematics, Engineering, Operations Research, Statistics)
- 12+ years of relevant experience
- 7 + years’ experience driving analytics for e-commerce / marketing
- 4 + years’ experience in marketing analytics, hypothesis testing and deployments
- 4+ years’ experience with Statistical Analysis, Machine learning and Predictive modeling
- 3+ years’ experience managing people in a direct capacity
- 3+ years of consulting and stakeholder management experience. Must be comfortable managing conflicting priorities
- Expert with developing simple and complex SQL queries. Must be comfortable diving into the details
- Expert with hypothesis testing and A/B testing frameworks
- Experience with Data Engineering tools including Hadoop, Hive, Impala, and Tableau required
- Direct experience managing customer data in e-commerce, technology, mobile or consumer electronics industries required
- Strong analytical skills. Ability to translate data analytics into business solutions
- Proven experience in managing multiple tasks simultaneously with a rigid determination to meet deadlines
- Experience with marketing tools, channels and activities – Liveramp, Adobe Campaign, Attentive, MovableInk, DCM, Meta, Data Studio, specifically the lead generation funnel
- Excellent understanding of marketing KPIs and go-to-market channels.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Experience building decks and presenting to C-suite.
- Comfortable to work with people from a broad range of backgrounds from highly technical to marketing to sales/business
At Samsung, we believe that innovation and growth are driven by an inclusive culture and a diverse workforce. We aim to create a global team where everyone belongs and has equal opportunities, inspiring our talent to be their true selves. Together, we are building a better tomorrow for our customers, partners, and communities.