We are looking for a creative and strategic email marketer to level up our team's email and nurture programs. You'll be an integral part of the digital marketing team, beating the drum on email's effectiveness as an engagement and performance channel. We have an extensive amount of content, creativity, and purpose (not to mention a large database of target accounts and leads) and we need someone who's excited about the challenge of helping us tame the email chaos and drive real results.
To thrive in this role, you'll need a strong mix of analytical and creative skill sets, with the ability to find opportunities in our data that others may have missed. We need a highly-collaborative team player who can get things done quickly without sacrificing quality.
- Campaign and program support: This role will help shape and manage the email promotions calendar based on active and planned marketing campaigns, events, and releases. These campaigns will span across lead acquisition, nurture, and customer engagement programs.
- Copywriting and creative: This role will be solely responsible for delivering compelling and effective copy for email campaigns and work hand-in-hand with our brand and creative teams to plan and execute creative assets needed for each program.
- List building, segmentation, and nurture: This role will work to build segmentations based on behaviors, lifecycle stage, lead score, and other things we haven't thought of to ensure they receive relevant communications they actually enjoy. Lead nurture streams will be designed and built to drive specific actions within those segments and ensure long-term engagement with our brand and content.
- A/B Testing: We are constantly working to improve conversion rates across the funnel. This role will be very hands-on designing and launching tests to drive increases in open, engagement, click-through, and conversion rates.
- Performance reporting: This role will be responsible for delivering a comprehensive view of email campaign performance, identifying which programs and tests were effective, and consistently identifying new opportunities for improvement.
Practical Stuff We Anticipate You Having
- Past experience working in email marketing (bonus if that experience is with a direct to consumer or e-commerce brand)
- Past experience with web analytics, A/B testing, and inbound marketing
- Strong hands-on experience with marketing automation platforms and CRM systems (preferably HubSpot)
- Exceptional copywriting skills
- Highly analytical and able to derive meaning from data
- Excellent communicator and collaborator
What We're Looking For From The Heart
- Passion, enthusiasm, energy, humor, team player mentality and the ability to convey this through communication and presentation skills.
- Intellectually curious; you want to understand everything about our customers, business & market opportunity.
- Comfortable working in a complex and constantly-evolving customer success environment to drive successful customer success outcomes while handling multiple initiatives at once.
- Comfortable working in a complex and ever-changing environment
- A sense of humor - you take your work seriously and yourself not so much
- Strong willingness to try new things to make marketing interesting
- Self-starter that defaults to proactivity. Doesn't sit back and wait for instructions, will identify new opportunities or issues and bring them to the team
- Passionate about one or two things that have nothing to do with work.