As a Digital Marketing Specialist on the Subscriptions Growth Marketing team, you will help with audience development, lead generation and nurturing, and implementation of new email marketing campaigns to drive revenue for the Digital Subscriptions team. This role is on a team of digital marketers who are passionate about creating exceptional email experiences for current, former, and future subscribers to The Washington Post.
In this role, you will collaborate with the broader Subscriptions Marketing team, which consists of members from the analytics department, newsroom, and product team to develop a marketing strategy and calendar intended to drive digital subscriptions for The Washington Post. This is a highly collaborative role that will work closely with Digital Marketing Managers, Email Developer and Designer, and the Director of Marketing.
- Perform day-to-day management of The Post’s email marketing operation which includes tasks like: email calendar management, copy editing, hypotheses creation and test planning, reporting and analysis, database querying, and execution of automated and ad hoc email campaign (QA, scheduling, deployment).
- Develop lead nurturing campaigns from top of funnel audience development efforts.
- Work with marketing partners to create and optimize the user’s path to conversion. This includes implementing new, automated email campaigns to drive engagement.
- Serve as the analytics lead for all email marketing efforts, both ad hoc and automated.
- Create standardized reports to monitor email campaign performance.
- Drive continuous improvement across email KPIs including deliverability, open rates, click-to-open rates, conversion rates, and opt-out rates
- Manage reporting requests and ongoing analyses for campaign performance, key insights, and strategic learnings
- Contribute your ideas, insights and thoughts on seasonal marketing campaigns, ad hoc, and recurring marketing campaigns.
- Tailor messaging across various audience segments and geographies, including international audiences.
- Deliver regular analysis on our competitors as well as new trends in email marketing to help The Post stay ahead of industry changes and advances.
- Digital marketing background is essential (specifically, direct response email marketing for a B2C company is preferred)
- 2-4 years of experience managing and executing high-volume, fast-paced email campaigns from implementation to deployment, and post-mortem analysis
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under deadline pressure
- Ability to learn quickly and to thoroughly understand the operations, revenue/cost structures and market conditions of The Washington Post Company
- Demonstrated ability with systematically analyzing and solving problems
- Strong writing and copyediting ability
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with all levels of the organization
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to define/undertake work assignments with minimal supervision
- Evidence of good judgment, creativity, inquisitiveness and perseverance in past work or educational experience
- Experience using Microsoft office systems (proficiency in Excel a must)
- Presentation skills (desired)
The innovation doesn’t end in the Newsroom – dozens of teams power The Washington Post. We are now hiring the next innovator – how will you Impact Tomorrow?