At Help for Heroes, we believe those who serve our country deserve support when they are wounded. Every day, men and women have to leave their career in the Armed Forces as a result of physical or psychological wounds; their lives changed forever. We help them, and those still serving, to recover and get on with their lives.
And who are we you’re wondering? We are experts and beginners. Generalists and specialists. Ordinary people with an extraordinary passion towards making a positive change to the lives of our veterans (and having fun while doing it).
As One Team we share a philosophy – I.C.A.R.E. It’s the way we walk and talk, the way we interact with others and how we approach everything we do. We are: Innovative – Collaborative – Authentic – Resourceful – Energetic. We have an incredible opportunity for a Digital Marketing Executive - Email to join our team. Please see below for more information on what just might be your future role.
Planning, creating, delivering and monitoring performance of all email content to effectively promote the work we do, and generate income – playing a key role in driving the understanding and development of good user experience and stewardship journeys with the intention of boosting brand engagement, broadening our reach and driving more people to step forward and complete actions.
Ensuring Help for Heroes’ strong and distinctive brand plus tactical marketing campaigns are reflected across digital channels to support campaign and Charity-wide objectives in response to briefs from internal stakeholders. Specifically:
- Shaping and executing email plans, building, optimising and testing email campaigns and analysing their performance to ensure delivery of timely, accurate and effective email marketing.
- Working alongside our data team to ensure the email strategy is based on a robust data infrastructure.
- Ownership of H4H email channels; with specific responsibility for proactively managing:
- ESP management (Dot Digital) delivering email marketing across the charity and trading.
- Planning, creating and managing delivery of timely and accurate emails to support and maximise fundraising and recovery objectives.
- Evaluate, test, report on and optimise emails using performance metrics turning insight into actionable recommendations.
- Liaising with internal teams and being the champion and subject matter expert of email.
- Managing the relationship with our ESP (Dot Digital).
- Setting KPI’s for each email campaign/program and reporting against these.
- Managing the automated campaigns across trading and charity.
- Managing the segment creation for trading (within Dot Digital).
- Ensuring integration with Shopify (Trading platform) is working at all times.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Sound technical knowledge of ESP (Dotmailer or equivalent) plus Google Analytics.
- Collation, interpretation and maintenance of content performance metrics and effectiveness.
- A track record of understanding ways to consolidate client needs, tailor and distribute content for different audiences, platforms and objectives.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills and attention to detail.
- Extremely capable of meeting deadlines and working on own initiative.
- Comfortable in an informal, fast-paced environment where constant change is the norm and daily challenge is to juggle ‘business as usual’ with ‘business transformation’.
- Ability to provide clarity, direction and support, work collaboratively and inspire others.
Desirable Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Experience of Google Data Studio reporting creation.
- Experience writing effective copy or optimising copy to effect acquisition and retention.
- Confidence pitching ideas to senior colleagues.
- Awareness of law changes and implications with regards to GDPR, engagement, data protection, image rights, content accuracy etc.
- Experience of creating and fine-tuning automated email workflows.
Key Competencies & Behaviours
- Confident and polite manner.
- Inquisitive nature.
- Comfortable with data and multiple data sets.
- Ability to build rapport quickly and to understand needs and expectations.
- Positive, empathetic, patient, polite and friendly manner.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Displays the highest levels of integrity, confidentiality and commitment.
- Respond quickly to changing demands and demonstrate strong skills in prioritisation and time management.
- Work within a range of environments and working cultures, adapting personal style accordingly.
- Lead and drive work forward with minimal direction.
- Analyse information quickly and communicate in a concise and articulate manner.
- Well organised with the ability to prioritise.
- Attention to detail in all aspects of work.
- Demonstrates an ability to work as part of a team and be a flexible team player.
- Demonstrates self-motivation.
- Flexible re. hours of work.
Help for Heroes is committed to safeguarding and ensuring the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. The suitability of all prospective employees or volunteers will be assessed during the recruitment process in line with this commitment.