Recognized as an Employer of Choice in the National Capital Region, Giant Tiger’s Home Office provides a dynamic work environment with many opportunities for a fulfilling career. We are a Canadian owned and operated retailer (and proud of it!), with a strong commitment to the community, and over 60 years of success. If you are looking for a challenging and stimulating career, Giant Tiger may be right for you. We believe in opportunities for growth & development, teamwork, and engagement. Whether you are just starting your career, re-entering the workforce, or looking for a new job, this is where you belong!
As the Digital Marketing Email Coordinator, you will play a key role in bringing Giant Triger’s brand to life digitally. The Digital Marketing Email Coordinator will coordinate, build, test and deploy high quality email, push notifications and SMS marketing campaigns. The primary responsibility of this role is to ensure Giant Tiger’s marketing emails, push notifications and SMS campaigns deploy on time, on brand and error free. This role is key to building brand awareness, driving on and offline traffic, conversions, lead generation and increasing customer lifetime value.
A strong understanding of brand tone and voice, digital best practices and a knack for digital storytelling is essential.
Giant Tiger Offers
- Giant Tiger Store Discount
- Health/Dental/Vision benefits;
- 24/7 access to onsite gym;
- Full Service Cafeteria
- Weekly summer barbeques and staff events all year;
- Bonus / Incentive plans for all employees;
Digital Marketing Email Coordinator, Role Highlights
- Build, test and deploy multiple emails a week within ESP (email service provider) environment
- Add and QC all links in emails
- Create QC processes and deployment checklists
- Ensure required revisions are actioned and QC’d before deployment
- Participate in planning discussions and building segmentation strategies, queries and targeted audiences for email and digital marketing campaigns
- Support production of mobile notifications and SMS
- Collaborate with the Site Merchandising and Onboarding teams to ensure optimal landing page experiences
- Ensure technical documents and processes are documented and kept up-to-date
- Provide recommendations for template designs to create efficiencies and reduce time to market
- Work with manager to execute A/B and time of send tests
- Gather metrics for regular and ad-hoc reporting
- Ensure messaging is consistent and on brand across all channels
- Skilled at simultaneously working on multiple tasks with various deadlines
- Flexible with an ability to thrive in a fast pace ever changing environment
- Maintain a strong understanding of market trends
- Thorough understanding of email best practices
- Ensure all email communications meet CASL, AODA and data governance compliance
- Verify inventory availability before emails are deployed
- Comfortable working with French assets and French website categories and filters
- Understanding of filters and URL structures
Digital Marketing Email Coordinator, Qualifications
- Diploma in Marketing, Advertising, Graphic Design or a related field
- 1+ years experience in email marketing
- Experience working with Klaviyo and/or various ESPs
- Experience using site analytics tools such as Google Analytics
- Knowledge of retail and eCommerce industry
- Customer focused with a mobile first mentality
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and re-prioritize work
- Experience with HTML and/or CSS
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and/or Figma
- Bilingualism (English & French) considered an asset
Giant Tiger is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fair employment practices.
Are you are interested in this position but don’t yet meet all the criteria? We want you to apply anyway!
During our recruitment process we are looking for an incumbent that will not only learn and grow in the role, but also contribute to our diverse, equal and inclusive culture.
If you require accommodation during your pursuit of a role at Giant Tiger please contact [email protected]
Giant Tiger is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fair and accessible employment procedures. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and employees with disabilities.