Self Esteem Brands, LLC — the parent company of Anytime Fitness, LLC, Waxing The City, LLC, Basecamp Fitness, LLC, and The Bar Method, LLC, is seeking a Digital Marketing Director who is a skilled digital marketer with a sense of curiosity, critical thinking and competitiveness with a proven track record. At Self Esteem Brands, we offer a fun, fast-paced, and creative environment. Look forward to work on Mondays! Regularly voted “Best Places to Work in Minnesota”, we offer a culture like no other.
As the Director of Digital Marketing, Owned Media, you will be responsible for leading the building, development, and delivery of strategic customer experiences across the owned digital atmosphere (websites, CRM, content, loyalty). This candidate should be tech savvy and have the right mix of hands on SME knowledge, strategy ownership and team management. Reporting to the VP of Digital Marketing, you will partner with business stakeholders to define, prioritize, and sequence projects within the owned digital space, including, our websites, CRM, social media and content management. You will deliver a Self Esteem Brands digital experience that works across devices & channels, including third-party and external marketing channels.
CRM (Email Marketing Automation and Journey Mapping)
- Own the Enterprise CRM roadmap with a focus on email marketing automation. You will be responsible for ensuring there is a clear vision for CRM as a strategic differentiator for all of Self Esteem brands and build a multi-year product strategy and roadmap that will ensure successful and timely delivery of key initiatives
- Develop CRM Lead Journey mapping strategies with a focus on email to generate more leads.
- Build and scale CRM and email marketing capabilities across our brands, with a strong focus using data and best practices, with knowledge of evolving privacy laws to deliver the best solutions for our brands
- Serve as the SME in all things CRM for SEB; tools and capabilities, integrations, lead nurture, member lifecycle, data, privacy and laws such as CAN-SPAM, TPCA, GDPR, CCPA
- Partner with analytics leaders to evolve measurement of CRM performance providing not only a holistic view of performance, but opportunities/insights on how to optimize and grow the business
- Manage agency relationsips and optimize agency network to deliver against brand and business goals
- Experience with building out customer journeys and mapping them to CRM Marketing Technology
- SME knowledge with Hubspot CRM Marketing Technology (Preferred).
- Provide a vision for responsive web experiences across different devices linking customer experience outcomes to business objectives
- Guidance on SEO strategy, tactics and execution
- Own strategy and optimize spend to drive growth and meet goals across SEO, Prospect/Lead Conversion, and Membership Conversion
- Oversee enhancing the website experience across SEB portfolio to ensure prospective members/clients are routed appropriately to maximize conversion rates.
- Own the website roadmap, that is driven by business strategy and prioritized to ensure alignment with marketing and development teams.
- Plan, organize, monitor, and lead enterprise digital marketing and technology projects
- Oversee content production across all brands in the Self Esteem portfolio
- Lead and provide direction to the content team on overarching content strategy and execution across various digital channels including, website, CRM, organic social and campaigns
- Parter with technology and legal teams to ensure compliance with any regulatory requirements and how they apply to digital content
- Drive website content to reflect the vision of the business/position across all Self Esteem Brands in line with evolving technologies in a way which is attractive, compelling and captivating to external users, targets and influencers
Social Media Strategy & Management:
- Responsible for social media strategy across all brands in the SEB portfolio.
- Provide oversight of all social channels and consult with brand leaders and internal stakeholders on how to use social media to achieve business and marketing objectives.
- Ensure social channels maintain proper brand voice, brand look/feel and assist in the content approval process for all brands.
- Create a modern socially savvy brand to drive the point of difference and voice of the brand
- Lead coordination of social media response during social crisis situations and corporate emergencies.
- Oversee reporting of social media performance and effectiveness against goals through management of media dashboards, trackers and campaign recaps.
- Serve as a thought leader and subject matter expert, providing POV of prioritized social channels and emerging trends.
- Build a world-class digital team by managing, hiring and developing high-performing people with appropriate skills
- Develop team including training, performance management, and near-term / long-term professional goal planning
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple initiatives in a fast-paced and complex environment.
- Manage team members; whether direct reports, peers or management teams to deliver strategy projects correctly and on-time
- Create productive relationships with sr. leaders across the business
- Understand and effectively communicate performance to sr. leadership and c-suite
- Ability to identify potential risks and issues and anticipate points of resistance, and develop specific plans to mitigate or address concerns
Who you are:
- Recognize that your success is tied to the knowledge and efforts of others
- Has a “get it done” attitude and radiates team spirit
- You’re curious by nature, focused on identifying trends and technology that help connect people with products and/or services
- Collaborative nature that works well across functions to drive priorities and decision making
- You uncover opportunities that might otherwise be missed, navigate conversations with cross-functional teams and executive leadership and thoughtfully make critical decisions
- A strategic thinker with an ability to learn and grasp new concepts quickly
- Results-oriented, driven to deliver agreed outcomes under constraints
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, communications or similar
- 15+ years experience of multichannel direct-to-consumer marketing experience (website, database marketing, Social Media, or CRM)
- 5+ years of experience managing a team that includes creating and fostering effective and performance-minded team environments
- Lean-agile mindset with experience leading projects within growing/changing organizations
- Strong leadership skills, including a history of increasing leadership responsibility and career growth in process improvement
- Comfortable and effective with data analytics, particulary Google Analytics, for measurement and general analysis
- Experience with content marketing methodology, search engine optimization and managing demand through compelling customer journeys
- Experience working within and navigating a matrix organization with competing interests and priorities on projects
- People leader, with the ability to rally individuals
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and complex deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- SME and hands on experience with Hubspot
- Full understanding of SEO principles and strategies
- Technical aptitude with ability to learn new tools quickly
- Flexible and adaptable, comfortable with ambiguity and change
We are an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.