Mutual of Enumclaw was founded in 1898 by local farmers who wanted to look out for each other. That spirit continues to define our company culture. Our employees are proud of our thoughtful approach to insurance, and it shows. In 2020, for the ninth year in a row, we were recognized as one of Washington’s 100 Best Companies to Work For by Seattle Business magazine (based on a survey of our employees).
Mutual of Enumclaw works exclusively with local independent agents to offer insurance products for individuals, families, farms, and businesses. We currently operate in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Utah, Arizona, Montana and Wyoming.
The Digital Marketing Automation Manager leads Mutual of Enumclaw’s e-mail and content marketing campaigns, lead generation programs and member and agent education initiatives. This position is responsible for all programmatic and operational initiatives through the marketing automation platform (HubSpot), including creating, implementing, and improving best practices ensuring continual enhancement of digital marketing efforts. The ideal candidate is technical, organized, results driven, has strong attention to detail and has a passion for digital applications and is certified in HubSpot Software and Inbound Marketing certification. As newly created position, this role will take on a great variety of responsibilities, play a pivotal role in the company’s overall marketing efforts and have endless opportunities to learn and grow professionally. The position reports to the VP of Marketing and serves on the Marketing & Sales Leadership Team and will work remotely.
Benefits include but are not limited to medical, dental, vision, cash balance and 401(k) plans with company match; life insurance; employee discount on personal insurance; wellness reimbursement program; paid parental leave and an annual bonus plan.
- Establish and maintain a range of automated marketing campaigns, including workflow design, templates creation and management, KPI management and other relevant performance metrics using HubSpot-specific dashboards, Google Analytics, and marketing analytics reports.
- Leverage newly created personas to create custom nurture and trigger-based workflows to effectively convert prospects to customers.
- Grow new leads, including marketing-qualified leads, by converting site traffic through calls-to-action, landing pages, and lead generation content (including offers).
- Optimize the HubSpot marketing automation and lead nurturing processes through email, content, and social channels.
- Manage the implementation and setup of all paid content marketing and media efforts connected to marketing automation programs.
- Work with marketing group to improve website engagement, focusing on our buyer’s journey and increasing conversion where possible.
- Review existing marketing campaigns across business lines and automate where appropriate, includes forming collaborative relationships with relevant business stakeholders and executives.
- Research and test partnerships with new vendors to expand our reach and/or lower our cost-per-acquisition. Advocate where appropriate for Marketing Automation with internal stakeholders.
- Craft landing pages and lead generation forms for our content to distribute through relevant paid programs.
- Collaborate with Content Strategy team members to implement an editorial calendar that attracts a qualified audience to our owned properties (including blog posts, whitepapers, e books, reports, webinars, infographics, etc.).
- Establish closed-loop analytics with sales to understand how our inbound marketing activity turns into customers, and continually refine our process to convert customers.
- Stay up-to-date with digital marketing trends and potential new channels and strategies to keep us ahead, including updates to social media marketing, attribution, and programmatic media buying.
- Collaborate with marketing teammates and outside agencies to maintain a consistent brand voice and message across all paid programs.
- Strong understanding of marketing analytics, A/B testing, attribution analysis and keyword targeting.
- In-depth knowledge of the various HubSpot and associated concepts of workflows and scenarios; HubSpot Marketing Software and HubSpot Inbound Marketing certification required.
- Expertise in leveraging marketing tools to generate, capture, nurture, track, and report on leads, conversions, and ROI.
- Working knowledge of SEO, Google Analytics and Google AdWords campaigns.
- Expert knowledge of database management concepts and best practices.
- Proficiency in blogging software to generate traffic, convert visitors into leads, and managing dynamic workflows to convert digital engagement into to sales qualified leads.
- Excellent communicator and creative thinker, with an ability to use data to inform all decisions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with an ability to communicate clearly and passionately, both in writing and verbally. Positive attitude and solution-oriented approach to work is a must.
- Excellent communicator, with a sense of customer empathy and human context to drive actionable insights that serve customer needs.
- Acts as a positive team player with the ability to strategically and operationally lead teams to develop and implement integrated content, marketing, and digital plans to advance strategic organizational objectives.
Education And Experience
- 7+ years of relevant professional experience, demonstrating strong marketing technology skills, and a genuine interest in industry trends driving content marketing, awareness-building and lead generation.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Insurance and/or financial services industry experience preferred.
- Initiative: Recognizes opportunities and initiates actions to capitalize on them. Looks for new and innovative ways to make an impact. Exhibits proactivity when it comes to generating new ideas or processes, capitalizing on new opportunities, seeking out and taking on increasing responsibility or resolving problems as they occur. Uses sound judgment about when to take action and when to seek guidance &/or permission.
- Implementing New Technologies: Tends to identify and apply the steps and approaches needed to implement, integrate and educate others on new technologies in a manner that gains quick acceptance from stakeholders while minimizing disruptions to day-to-day work requirements.
- Change Management: Ability to demonstrate support for changes needed to improve operational effectiveness. Initiates, sponsors and champions others to organizational change, helps others to successfully manage organizational change. Proactively assesses the need for change, seeing to it that appropriate resources are available to facilitate changes and considers factors that will support or hinder impact of potential obstacles.
- Innovative Thinking: Develops, sponsors or supports the introduction of new and improved methods, products, procedures or technologies.
- Customer Focus: Personally demonstrates that external &/or internal customers are a high priority. Identifies customer needs and expectations and responds to them in a timely and effective manner. Anticipates and prevents delays or other things that can adversely affect the customer. Keeps customers informed about the status of pending actions and inquires about customer satisfaction with products or services.
- Results Orientation: Focusing on the desired result of one's own or one's unit's work; setting challenging goals, focusing effort on the goals, and meeting or exceeding them.