NextEra Energy Resources
is the world's largest generator of renewable energy from the wind and sun, and a world leader in battery storage. We provide energy-related products and services that grow our economy, protect the environment, support our communities and help customers meet their energy needs. We are leading the decarbonization of the U.S. economy with our goal to reach Real Zero carbon emissions from our operations by 2045 while improving customer affordability and reliability. Are you interested in creating a cleaner environment for future generations? Join our world-class, innovative team today.
Position Specific Description
This position is on the Digital Communication Experience team. This person will support the strategy and execution of NextEra Energy Resources digital communications. They will be responsible for multiple, simultaneous email newsletters to support more than 100 development projects across the nation. Specific responsibilities include email channel message development, basic HTML, testing, deployment, quality control, research, analytics and optimizations. In addition, this position serves as a key contributor on the M&C Team in a broad range of communications activities as assigned, including:
- Collaborates with internal business areas on optimization of customer communications.
- Plays an active role working with content owners on effectiveness and execution of the communications.
- Makes actionable recommendations to leadership and business groups regarding one-to-one customer/stakeholder communications.
- Plays a key role in leading audience engagement, email channel governance, metrics tracking and maintaining best practices.
- Works with outsourced services as needed to move digital communication projects forward.
- Ensures that department leadership is kept informed of project progress, critical issues and achievement of major milestones.
- Transfers knowledge, presents insights/ideas and collaborates across functional lines and/or across departments.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
- Experience with executing marketing campaigns with Adobe Campaign Classic
- Experience with managing digital communication projects preferably leveraging an agile methodology
- Experience with customer data privacy laws such as CAN-SPAM and TCPA compliance
- Ability to multitask and maintain high performance under extreme pressure in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to follow critical business processes to ensure quality and timely execution of initiatives
- Ability to remain flexible and adaptable to meet the demands of internal clients and demonstrate enthusiasm and passion for their business
- A talent for creative thinking and problem solving
- Strong writing, verbal, editing, presentation, and overall communication skills
This position is responsible for managing and delivering digital projects on FPL’s customer-facing digital experience roadmap. This person will utilize strong project management skills to provide support in developing and executing plans and initiatives to deliver (develop and execute against project plans) business objectives, including transactional web tools, User Interface (UI) best practices, navigation and architecture best practices.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate in daily status calls, sprint planning, user story development, testing, and supporting project releases for digital projects. Demonstrate discipline and organization in executing assignments and managing projects, while building and maintaining great relationships with clients, co-workers, and vendors
- Understand customer needs and pain points to help develop better user experiences
- Work collaboratively within the User Experience (UX) area to deliver visual designs, user testing, analytics, dashboard development, build backlog for improvement, and optimization of the overall experience
- Present wireframes and prototypes to management and business partners
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
- Experience: 2+ years
NextEra Project Mgmt
Where permitted by applicable law, NextEra Energy requires all employees and new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination on or before the first day of employment.
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
NextEra Energy provides reasonable accommodation in its application and selection process for qualified individuals, including accommodations related to compliance with conditional job offer requirements, consistent with federal, state, and local laws. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable and permitted by applicable law. To request a reasonable accommodation, please send an e-mail to [email protected] , providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.